Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDP Yoga, anyone on it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

CMpunked wrote: »
    Again, well done Edk!
    You wouldnt believe how much thats encouraged me tonight. :)

Thank you I know it's a worn out cliche but if I can anyone can,good luck

CMpunked wrote: »
    Again, well done Edk!
    You wouldnt believe how much thats encouraged me tonight. :)

Now if you'll just invest in my patented system for the nominal fee of €100 a month we can get you started straight away ; )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

After waking up with my bad joints flaring up again, barely able to walk, I've decided I've got to try something. Doc always says losing weight would help, so I'll be taking a trip into town tomorrow to put money on the debit card and putting in an order tomorrow evening...

It might be kind of cool, actually, if there's a few people using the program on here, to be able to discuss it with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Just ordered this yesterday as part of my attempts to change my entire life. Looking forward to getting stuck in! I've been thinking about getting it for a while, I'm naturally quite a cynical person and was wondering if it was as good as it looked but in all the research I done on it I honestly don't think I came across one negative review.

And that's some inspirational stuff Edk! If I can do anything close to that I'll be well happy.

Here's a pretty good video that gives a bit of a look and info on it

Ok, that video sells me completly.

I've got a bad back and bad knees, two things mentioned in that video, and it says that it's not going to stress them too much. That's awesome. Also like the 3/4 day a week thing. Also like things like the lowered knee push-ups (always had problems with push-ups :o) and how it seems quite flexible for beginners.

I see those High Intensity workout programs sometimes and they just make me cringe and hurt all over looking at them. But this actually looks doable with some proper dedication, without consuming your life....

And major kudos to DDP for forging a market for himself outside of wrestling as well.

EDIT: Also some good examples of the exercises here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Just remember, DDP Yoga moves won't make you lose weight (if that your goal) on its own. As EDK says, he worked damn hard to shift weight by adjusting his food and doing a lot of walking to burn calories.

Looking at the vid, that P90K is mental stuff and complete bull to be honest. Few people could realistically sustain a regime like that with such little rest time. DDP yoga is impressive to me as it appears to be realistic and sustainable unlike a lot of the exercise packages I have seen on teleshopping and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ok, that video sells me completly.

I've got a bad back and bad knees, two things mentioned in that video, and it says that it's not going to stress them too much. That's awesome. Also like the 3/4 day a week thing. Also like things like the lowered knee push-ups (always had problems with push-ups :o) and how it seems quite flexible for beginners.

I see those High Intensity workout programs sometimes and they just make me cringe and hurt all over looking at them. But this actually looks doable with some proper dedication, without consuming your life....

And major kudos to DDP for forging a market for himself outside of wrestling as well.

EDIT: Also some good examples of the exercises here.

That's exactly why I did it, that P90X thing is insane, constant intense workouts with no recovery time is a fast way to seriously injure yourself. I know people who do weights and long distance running but would never do it 6 days a week, that's too much toll on your body and it's during recovery you build most muscle anyway isn't it? DDP does say right at the beginning of the first yoga vid that you hear "no pain no gain" all the time, but pain is just that, pain. It's your body's way of telling you to slow down, I've never been in pain after a ddpyoga workout, I feel either energised or relaxed depending on what I've done and I feel like I'm doing something positive for my body, not crippled the next morning cringing at the thoughts of doing another intense workout the next day.

Yeah I plan on doing it in addition to the exercise I do now, plus my diet is much improved. I think there's a diet plan or certainly some info on diet and nutrition included with the packages.

Pain no Gain - Big difference between 'pain' and soreness.

Muscle soreness is nothing to be afraid off after a workout, feeling some muscle burn shouldn't cause fear during a rep either.

Now if you are in genuine pain while you exercise that is a different story. Then you should STOP immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Pain no Gain - Big difference between 'pain' and soreness.

Muscle soreness is nothing to be afraid off after a workout, feeling some muscle burn shouldn't cause fear during a rep either.

Now if you are in genuine pain while you exercise that is a different story. Then you should STOP immediately.

Oh yeah like if you feel zero then you're not doing it right, I like how I feel after doing a good workout, not wrecked but energised and it feels good once you start seeing some definition it encourages you to keep it up, I dont want to collapse in a heap after every workout lol

this is gas, Scott Steiner's workout! routines? heart monitors? safety? pah! just bang away on weights like a boss. the commentary makes it funnier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm recovering from a cruiate ligament injury in my knee and have been looking too get fit again somehow and also too shift weight...think I might give this a go..are any of the full workouts on line?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Just remember, DDP Yoga moves won't make you lose weight (if that your goal) on its own. As EDK says, he worked damn hard to shift weight by adjusting his food and doing a lot of walking to burn calories.

Oh yeah, I'm not expecting a miracle. The main aim would be to try and do something about by bad knees and back. As I said in Off Topic thread, I'm also planning on getting a dog in a few weeks, and have a feeling that will be leading to a lot of walks. And I've been adjusting my diet slowly over the last few months.

Have placed my order for the beginners kit now :)

I actually don't get any pain from DDP Yoga outside the first couple of times or if you go a while without doing it,otherwise I just feel good after it tbh but still see the results

When you start seeing the results you start looking forward to it rather than some other workouts where you dread and then ultimately reduce or stop them

How long did it take to get approved for the team ddp website? I registered yesterday and it said an admin has to approve it first. Though I know there's a lot of interest in this at the minute so I'm sure things are taking a tad longer.

Thought it was a nice touch that he recorded a video for when you buy the dvds too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

I do it too I think its brilliant, been at it a month and its made a big difference already

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

How much was shipping, tsc?

25$

The cheapest package worked out at €74.36 altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Oh yeah, I'm not expecting a miracle. The main aim would be to try and do something about by bad knees and back. As I said in Off Topic thread, I'm also planning on getting a dog in a few weeks, and have a feeling that will be leading to a lot of walks. And I've been adjusting my diet slowly over the last few months.

Have placed my order for the beginners kit now :)
    I've a seriously knackered back with leg problems, nerves etc as a result and this has helped me a lot, just take it easy and expect not to be able to do the exercises properly first time out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

MOD EDIT : NO MENTIONING PIRACY.

But, yeah, ive been doing this for a few weeks, and personally, I think it only compliments traditional exercise such as running, weight lifting, brisk walks type of exercise etc. unless you are obese, as you will loose weight after a few months gradually, if you also change your diet.

But DDP has certainly found a lucrative business sector: Sell his brand of yoga to unhealthy wrestling fans who many feel its a quick and easy way to weight loss.

To be brutally honest, your right - from what I have looked at there is nothing special about any of the exercises. However the way they are built into a realistic regime for people makes it manageable and accessible to anyone so it looks worthwhile for all types of people.

I would suggest avoiding the advanced stuff if anyone has joint problems. There is no way you can do exercises like extreme push ups without putting a lot of pressure on your elbows and wrists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Yeah is it not just normal yoga with a few wrestling names thrown in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah is it not just normal yoga with a few wrestling names thrown in?

Dont forget Dynamic Resitance® :pac:

Also, for anyone starting this, or most yoga for that matter, a heart rate monitor is ESSENTIAL in my opinion, as it will let you know if your going to hard, or in most cases, if you need to kick it up a notch to burn some fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

krudler wrote: »
    Steiner video

That video made my day :D gotta love big poppa pump.

Thinking about investing in DDP Yoga, is it only available from his site?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

shootie wrote: »
    Thinking about investing in DDP Yoga, is it only available from his site?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I've been considering trying it out too. I'm on Stratusphere Yoga right now and I like that but I wouldn't mind seeing what else is out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I am a big fan od DDP yoga - I was skeptical st the start but really it does make a difference! The dynamic Resistance stuff does engage all your body and my do you get a great workout out of just standing still! I haven't been doing it for that long but I already feel better!

His enthusiasm is infectious aswell! Would definitely recommend it!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This is a thread for talking about DDP Yoga, not piracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

arrived in the post this morning - just done my first diamond dozen:)

• Advertisement

Mine shipped on Friday so hoping it arrives soon.

Was it by post or courier Goldberg?

Advertisement