Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

There are presumably thousands of Japanese fans looking to offload tickets to QF2. Anyone know where on the internet they may be found? Because it's certainly not on the english language Ticket Exchange Facebook page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Blisterman wrote: »
    There are presumably thousands of Japanese fans looking to offload tickets to QF2. Anyone know where on the internet they may be found? Because it's certainly not on the english language Ticket Exchange Facebook page.

Seemingly the scalpers are out on viagogo.

Disgraceful carry-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

Where are the best places to go and watch the games in Tokyo? Any pubs people wouuld recommend, heard the fan zones were difficult to get in to. Arriving during the week and will need to watch the Ireland QF in a pub!

youknowwho wrote: »
    Where are the best places to go and watch the games in Tokyo? Any pubs people wouuld recommend, heard the fan zones were difficult to get in to. Arriving during the week and will need to watch the Ireland QF in a pub!

Lads on here waxed lyrical about An Solas.#

ACE Sports Bar in Asakusa is a tiny little gem.

I'd head up to the Stadium and soak up the craic tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,233 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'd imagine some fans will put tickets back on the official resale platform .
    Others may try to swap tickets but that could be difficult with the language barrier.
    Could be alot of fake e-tickets in circulation too so people should be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Has anyone already brought tickets from the official resale site before and if so could you let me know if it's face value only, if the seller has bought physicals tickets can they be issued to purchaser in email instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,233 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Has anyone already brought tickets from the official resale site before and if so could you let me know if it's face value only, if the seller has bought physicals tickets can they be issued to purchaser in email instead?

Its face value only yes and the resale site only issue e-tickets so if the original buyer bought paper tickets the new buyer gets e tickets.

Its face value only yes and the resale site only issue e-tickets so if the original buyer bought paper tickets the new buyer gets e tickets.

And the original buyer has to post the physical tickets back to get their refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

I had thought this would be the case.

Trying to buy tickets for it but not looking promising at all.

I've told ones on it but haven't bought.

• Advertisement

And the original buyer has to post the physical tickets back to get their refund.

If you don't post back you'll get the refund after the match anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

was on site eariler nothing at all available from teams in pool a and b, some available for the other 1/4s

Shane732 wrote: »

Aye, 6 weeks after the game apparently.

was on site eariler nothing at all available from teams in pool a and b, some available for the other 1/4s

Same. Took ages to get on as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rocko92

Heading out on Friday can't wait. Any advice on the weather conditions over there. What would a man need to be bringing clothing wise as it seems to be roasting at most of the matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

rocko92 wrote: »
    Heading out on Friday can't wait. Any advice on the weather conditions over there. What would a man need to be bringing clothing wise as it seems to be roasting at most of the matches?

It has cooled somewhat

Still low 20s in daytime but sunset by 6 and is cooler at night

Need a light jacket or hoodie for night time basically

Next week forecast for some rain but I just have cheap ponchos in case of need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Aye, 6 weeks after the game apparently.

16 days, not 6 weeks.

My SF2 tickets sold within four minutes of going live. It's not worth €20 in registered post to get my money a week or two early. I'll just wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Anyone had any luck this world cup with trying to get tickets outside the stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

My semifinal 2 tickets sold on the official re-sale site within minutes. Has anybody had any luck for semi 1 on official site within last few hours? People need to be careful now. Even printed official tickets, that look genuine, may have been cancelled? Very difficult to buy tickets legitimately outside the ground. Never mind all the home printed tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

As with all other Irish fans heading out, I'll be looking for swaps if anyone hears of an opportunity (2x Cat C and 2x Cat D tickets - same end of ground).

Apparently the Japanese love the All Blacks and/or have tickets to both Quarter Finals, so it may be more challenging than expected to do a trade.

🤪

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    As with all other Irish fans heading out, I'll be looking for swaps if anyone hears of an opportunity (2x Cat C and 2x Cat D tickets - same end of ground).

Apparently the Japanese love the All Blacks and/or have tickets to both Quarter Finals, so it may be more challenging than expected to do a trade.

There's barely a peep of any tickets online. Seems to be so many Irish people in the same boat that it's like every 2nd person has ones to sell or swap but all for Japan SA. Was hoping SA or Japanese fans would have some to swap but apparently not too many do.

There's barely a peep of any tickets online. Seems to be so many Irish people in the same boat that it's like every 2nd person has ones to sell or swap but all for Japan SA. Was hoping SA or Japanese fans would have some to swap but apparently not too many do.

Going to have to take the chance on resale I think

Going to have to take the chance on resale I think

Nothing there either as far as I can see. Thinking fanzone at this stage and just go to Japan v SA

Nothing there either as far as I can see. Thinking fanzone at this stage and just go to Japan v SA

You don't think the ones on viagogo are legit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

€603 for a Cat C, not including Viagogo's €130 or so fees!

€603 for a Cat C, not including Viagogo's €130 or so fees!

Not saying they are cheap but the thoughts of having flown half way around the world and not go to the match would stay with me for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

I’ve been refreshing g the resale site all day, with no joy! Caught a few games in the Yokohama fanzone a few weeks ago and it’s a pretty good set up, If all else fails! I’ll be going along to the Japan game either way, it’s going to be a serious spectacle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I'm in same boat. Fanzone and Japan match

Anyone buying from viagogo need to be smacked with their own shíte.

• Advertisement

I'm in same boat. Fanzone and Japan match

I think that's the best way. Gonna try all say Friday and Saturday and then just head to the QF4 on Sunday.

Advertisement