Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

rocko92 wrote: »
    Heading on Friday so too late to order yen. Should I transfer some cash into my revolut account as well as taking cash put of ATM? Is revolut worth it over the run of 10 days..also I presume I can take cash out of ATM in Haneda airport on arribal. Will have to pay for transport from there

You can get it in the No1 Currency place (Fexco) on Westmoreland St. They were no different than the banks really and didn't have to wait.

---

Never checked the rates in Japan Currency exchanges if I was to pick up some cash. Can someone confirm that they're much better?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rocko92

You can get it in the No1 Currency place (Fexco) on Westmoreland St. They were no different than the banks really and didn't have to wait.

---

Never checked the rates in Japan Currency exchanges if I was to pick up some cash. Can someone confirm that they're much better?

Based in North Co Dublin so might pick up around E100 worth of yen, which I'm sure will cost a fortune, in Swords. Thanks for the adclvice. Will definitely top up the revolut card and then withdraw cash somewhere in Tokyo itself

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TisAwfulSad

Tickets on the official site again just now, 2.50 Irish time. Managed to get one. Appeared to be very few released, gone pretty much instantly. They were on the site at 3am Irish time the night before. Hopefully some others managed to get some.

Tickets on the official site again just now, 2.50 Irish time. Managed to get one. Appeared to be very few released, gone pretty much instantly. They were on the site at 3am Irish time the night before. Hopefully some others managed to get some.

Managed to bag me a cat A!

I actually can't believe it!!!

EDIT: Make that 2*CAT A

rocko92 wrote: »
    Based in North Co Dublin so might pick up around E100 worth of yen, which I'm sure will cost a fortune, in Swords. Thanks for the adclvice. Will definitely top up the revolut card and then withdraw cash somewhere in Tokyo itself

Check their website. I think they have an office over in pavilions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Am on bus on way to dub am clicking one ticket but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Managed to bag me a cat A!

I actually can't believe it!!!

EDIT: Make that 2*CAT A

Is there a knack to this? Using a phone or a pc? Been doing it a lot over the last three days

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is there a knack to this? Using a phone or a pc? Been doing it a lot over the last three days

Same as no joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Balls, I looked at 2:56 and there were none available then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eod100 wrote: »
    Had a like for like swap of 5 tickets cancelled last minute. This is painful lads. I'm not holding out much hope now tbh..

Think I'm sorted now (still need to meet to get tickets in hand on Saturday) but worth keep trying for anyone in same boat! Where there's a will there's a way and all that..

• Advertisement

Balls, I looked at 2:56 and there were none available then

You just have to keep on it. Looks like 3am is go live time.

errlloyd wrote: »

I got one on my phone sorted. And then I decided to grab the laptop and got another after 10min.

Patience is key.

I got my SF tickets in January through the phone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭deezell

I got one on my phone sorted. And then I decided to grab the laptop and got another after 10min.

Patience is key.

If they beat ABs, I presume you have the semi tickets for the other semi, SA/Japan v Wales/France

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hysenberg

https://mobile.twitter.com/murray_kinsella/status/1184374963622465536?s=12

We just got sorted on official site. Tickets added for all categories but got to keep the trying to get in

Returns apart, there's a bit of 'Yield Management' going on, especially in the first round how they withhold D tickets to push sales of A B and C. Plenty of empty D at the first rounds, yet I only got Russia D in my first lottery back in 2018, no Samoa or Japan, which I later got. Splurged on Scotland B which I got first round, while others were turned down looking for D.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

deezell wrote: »
    Returns apart, there's a bit of 'Yield Management' going on, especially in the first round how they withhold D tickets to push sales of A B and C. Plenty of empty D at the first rounds, yet I only got Russia D in my first lottery back in 2018, no Samoa or Japan, which I later got. Splurged on Scotland B which I got first round, while others were turned down looking for D.

Yes ,thats blatantly obvious .

I'm baffled though that the England Australia game hasnt sold out and its only being played in a 40,000 seater venue.
    Poor planning to play 2 quarter finals in Oita .

If they beat ABs, I presume you have the semi tickets for the other semi, SA/Japan v Wales/France

I do indeed. So that's a potential ballache. But we'll see on Saturday.

I'm baffled though that the England Australia game hasnt sold out and its only being played in a 40,000 seater venue.

It's frankly bizarre. Osaka would have been the obvious place for those games.

It's annoying. But tbh. At this rate grabbing a Cat A is a no-brainer.
    Thankfully I have 2*CAT B for QF4 to pay for the QF2 tickets now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't know why one of the qfs weren't in Yokohama . Irish fans crying out for tickets! Rumour has it one of sponsors based in Oita so that's why they were there but dunno is that true tbh.

• Advertisement

Lots of local Japanese have Saturday QF tickets for obvious reasons. Very gracious people. Go to the stadium on Saturday with this written on a pizza box lid. You'll get a big red marker in 7-11.
    チケットが必要です !!
    I'll eat the box if someone doesn't oblige

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Patience is key.

When you say patience is key, is that at the stage of selecting 'add to basket' and then being told 'your request exceeds availability' or is it an earlier stage of the process that patience is required?

according to the site right now there are cat ! tickets available but I cannot seem to add any to my basket (which is what I have been seeing for months frankly)

hard to believe it is a simple as 'keep trying' but if that has worked for others .... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

catharsis wrote: »
    When you say patience is key, is that at the stage of selecting 'add to basket' and then being told 'your request exceeds availability' or is it an earlier stage of the process that patience is required?

according to the site right now there are cat ! tickets available but I cannot seem to add any to my basket (which is what I have been seeing for months frankly)

hard to believe it is a simple as 'keep trying' but if that has worked for others .... ?

Its a terrible terrible website .
    It says tickets are available when in reality,none are .
    Millions of man hours must have been wasted on that site ,for nought.
    Its diabolically bad .

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

One more try this morning, fingers crossed. Am I right in thinking today will be the last day resale tics are available? From ones I’ve resold they stated unsold tics will be withdrawn 48hrs prior to ko.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Tickets came available for a total of 10 seconds. Trying with 2 accounts and couldn't get anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Fecking Queue It

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Finally got one(10 mins ago) after refreshing for about an hour this morning. Add in 2/3 hours each day this week! Keep trying guys.. fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Caybar

Chris871 wrote: »
    Finally got one(10 mins ago) after refreshing for about an hour this morning. Add in 2/3 hours each day this week! Keep trying guys.. fingers crossed for you

Exactly the same, got a cat C ten mins ago, likewise have been refreshing all week, wife has been goin mad :)

Had no joy again on official site. Will go to the 2 swap meets and see have I better luck there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Had no joy again on official site. Will go to the 2 swap meets and see have I better luck there

Where is the swap meets?

Advertisement