Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Shane732 wrote: »
    You don't think the ones on viagogo are legit?

Maybe they are but no way I'm paying prices they're charging. They're expensive enough ay face value tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭deezell

Go to the stadium early and find the WRC ticket kiosk. Hang around at it.There will be no shows for ticket collection, late returns, resales, etc. There's bound to be some seats going on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

There was at CAT B ticket on the official site earlier nothing on it now though, Keep an eye on some of the Facebook pages too there's a few people looking to swap

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Anyone know what s01 looks like in the stadium...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭limerickabroad

Hi all,

I'm sure you might already know this, but a ticket exchange has been organised for Tokyo on Friday evening, near a 7-11. with the idea being that people can meet up face-to-face and exchange tickets for the two QFs in Tokyo

https://www.facebook.com/events/454737831916570/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

I'm in same boat. Fanzone and Japan match

Where's the fanzone, near the stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭timaru89

Has anyone had any luck with tickets through the official website the last 2 days? Wondering am I just constantly refreshing it in vain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Hi all,

I'm sure you might already know this, but a ticket exchange has been organised for Tokyo on Friday evening, near a 7-11. with the idea being that people can meet up face-to-face and exchange tickets for the two QFs in Tokyo

https://www.facebook.com/events/454737831916570/

A pity I only arrive in Tokyo on Saturday morning :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

A pity I only arrive in Tokyo on Saturday morning :-(

One of my mates is in the same boat (plane) and I'm taking his tickets with me.

Do you have anyone heading out before ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

One of my mates is in the same boat (plane) and I'm taking his tickets with me.

Do you have anyone heading out before ya?

I did, my tickets left Shannon on Friday to go to London and thence to Tokyo on Saturday morning. The second flight was cancelled and they don't get to Japan now until Friday evening (via Korea) so that made a cock of that idea.

• Advertisement

I did, my tickets left Shannon on Friday to go to London and thence to Tokyo on Saturday morning. The second flight was cancelled and they don't get to Japan now until Friday evening (via Korea) so that made a cock of that idea.

Your intentions were sound though.

At least you didn't text your mate that you'd call over to get his QF tickets this evening only for him to tell ya that he gave them to you on Saturday night.

Cue panic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

All checked in now. Exciting times

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭cson

FYI they're popping up on the portal now, just snagged one personally.

Might be worth setting an alarm for this time tomorrow for anyone who sees this late. Looks like they refreshed at 3am Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

cson wrote: »

Might be worth setting an alarm for this time tomorrow for anyone who sees this late. Looks like they refreshed at 3am Irish time.

Well done!

We've been refreshing since 8am JST, so four hours now.

Also saw them popping up in the last hour, but have been trying for the last hour to add them to our baskets (even just 1) and are getting exceeds availability messages. The inventory changes occasionally too.

Really really frustrated.

Just kept trying to add 1, consistently got the exceeds availability message but then boom it refreshed to the checkout page.

I reckon the wee hours are the best bet as its morning in Japan then and I'd speculate that some ticket holders for QF2 are putting them up for resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Just kept trying to add 1, consistently got the exceeds availability message but then boom it refreshed to the checkout page.

I reckon the wee hours are the best bet as its morning in Japan then and I'd speculate that some ticket holders for QF2 are putting them up for resale.

Do you mean the wee hours Irish time? We're in Japan and spending our time in Kyoto just refreshing... going on 5 hours now. Starting to lose my mind at the time spent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Did you ever have the exceeds supply problem? The one where it shows some tickets but you can't add to basket

Do you mean the wee hours Irish time? We're in Japan and spending our time in Kyoto just refreshing... going on 5 hours now. Starting to lose my mind at the time spent :pac:

Yeah, I'd say once you hit regular hours Irish time forget about it with the amount of people who'll be trying to get in. There'll be a ton of folks who gambled on QF4 coming over the next few days imo.
    errlloyd wrote: »
    Did you ever have the exceeds supply problem? The one where it shows some tickets but you can't add to basket

Yeah just keep going, one got added to my basket after like 45 mins of constant clicking +1 & it timing out to "exceeds availability".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

has crashed now, i spent 30mins trying to add +1 ticket for qf2 yday morn but no joy, had to go to work so couldnt kepp going

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

So how much would it cost for me to fly out to japan before saturday and haggle for a black market ticket in Tokyo??

ballpark ?

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    So how much would it cost for me to fly out to japan before saturday and haggle for a black market ticket in Tokyo??

ballpark ?

from €1145 return with KLM on Friday from dublin, to schipol, then 11 hour flight direct to tokyo, there at 8.40 saturday, plenty time for getting to stadium to hunt for ticket. one seat left! Finnair tomorrow from €1243.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Flying out in the morning, anyone who’s over already recommend decent reasonable places tokyo for food? (Staying shinjuku if helps!)

Cheers!

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Flying out in the morning, anyone who’s over already recommend decent reasonable places tokyo for food? (Staying shinjuku if helps!)

Cheers!

Not joking but that is literally "how long is a piece of string".

There's infinite places of unreal quality. Just go on a wander down side streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Had a like for like swap of 5 tickets cancelled last minute. This is painful lads. I'm not holding out much hope now tbh..

Not joking but that is literally "how long is a piece of string".

There's infinite places of unreal quality. Just go on a wander down side streets.

Agreed. Forget once a day ' dinner', eat often, small, cheap, and varied. The hub pubs had food from 4 -5 euro. I found myself ordering 3 times over a long session, still only spent about 15 on the food. Restaurants with self service teeminals as cheap as Macs. This soup, main course and beer 3 course cost €7, served on real plates, bowls and glasses. What's not to like?
    493006.jpg

Anyone who's been have a sense of what card acceptance is like over there? Reading travel guides, seems its mostly cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Anyone who's been have a sense of what card acceptance is like over there? Reading travel guides, seems its mostly cash?

Here at the minute. It's a fairly cash based society alright, but i think almost everywhere we have been in the main cities have accepted card too. Just have a bit of cash as backup for when you are in the cities, and then a bit more cash if outside, and I'd say you should be fine.

Definitely more cash based than here. Usually in smaller restaurant and bars.

No where near as cash based as was made out though.

I brought over 60000yen (€500ish) for my first trip earlier this month and I used it only when necessary like topping up my Pasmo (Leap) card or when I was in a little dive noodle hut. Managed to get through the first week without going near an ATM.

Using revolut is a godsend also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rocko92

Definitely more cash based than here. Usually in smaller restaurant and bars.

No where near as cash based as was made out though.

I brought over 60000yen (€500ish) for my first trip earlier this month and I used it only when necessary like topping up my Pasmo (Leap) card or when I was in a little dive noodle hut. Managed to get through the first week without going near an ATM.

Using revolut is a godsend also.

Heading on Friday so too late to order yen. Should I transfer some cash into my revolut account as well as taking cash put of ATM? Is revolut worth it over the run of 10 days..also I presume I can take cash out of ATM in Haneda airport on arribal. Will have to pay for transport from there

• Advertisement

rocko92 wrote: »
    Heading on Friday so too late to order yen. Should I transfer some cash into my revolut account as well as taking cash put of ATM? Is revolut worth it over the run of 10 days..also I presume I can take cash out of ATM in Haneda airport on arribal. Will have to pay for transport from there
    Revolut absolutely worth it. You'll get best rate, and you can use Revolut for card payments at station ticket office at the Airport. You'll figure out later how to feed cash into the metro ticket machines and how to figure out your journey cost. Hotels, shops, 7-11 atms accept all cards, just make sure you have swipe read turned on in your Revolut card settings. Drawing cash from Revolut is fee free up to about €400 I think. Buy a small bit of yen here before you go, maybe €100, but you'll get nowhere near the rate that youll get from an ATM with your Revolut. Rate is currently €83.27 for y10,000, improved from €84.90 a few weeks ago. I was gouged for €99.50 for y10,000 cash in Schipol Airport, as Is no yen at all, so wait till in Tokyo to get the bulk of your cash.

Advertisement