Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in film

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭MfMan

Valerie Harper has passed.

Rhoda!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtjZuWxE6ho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Horror legend Sid Haig has passed away after a short illness. :(

718cUC6guwL._SX425_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Aaron Eisenberg, who played Nog on Deep Space Nine. He was 50.

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-trek-deep-space-nine-actor-aron-eisenberg-has-died/
    The actor's cause of death wasn't released, but he underwent his second kidney transplant in 2015, StarTrek.com notes in an obituary.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I just heard that Robert Forster has died at 78. After a long mostly-TV career in shows such as Banyon, Nakia, and Police Story, he had a movie career revival after Quentin Tarantino cast him as Max Cherry, the bail bondsman in Jackie Brown, for which he received an Oscar nomination. More recently he starred in the Twin Peaks remake and appeared in London Has Fallen and El Camino, a Breaking Bad Movie.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

One of my favourite character actors has passed (another one!)

Robert Forster at 78, best known for a late flourish having starred opposite fellow 70s b movie legend Pam Grier in Jackie Brown but he made loads of good honest genre material the ultimate being Alligator - Lewis Teagues knowing salute to Jaws. Forster being the sceptical cop who ends up rescuing Chicago (or does he?) from the now mutant critter that was flushed down a toilet many years earlier.

In a good publicity move he died the day his final film was released - El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,962 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^
    Always remember him from 'Alligator' (I like that dumb film :) ). He never managed to bust out of that B-Movie kinda groove though.

I think his biggest part was in 'The Black Hole'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Alligator is a great creature feature. Might have to track down a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP, loved him in Jackie Brown

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Stephen moore, character actor and voice of the paranoid android in the hitchikers guide to the galaxy and lots more film and TV has died aged 81
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/13/hitchhikers-guide-galaxy-doctor-actor-stephen-moore-dies-aged-81-10909207/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

peteeeed wrote: »
    Stephen moore, character actor and voice of the paranoid android in the hitchikers guide to the galaxy and lots more film and TV has died aged 81
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/13/hitchhikers-guide-galaxy-doctor-actor-stephen-moore-dies-aged-81-10909207/

Always liked him, could play warm or smarmy characters just as well, had a soft spot for him in A Bridge Too Far as he played a Royal Signals officer, they did a less than stellar job in that operation but he portrayed the "shrug of shoulders, what can we do" really well in a small part. RIP.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Scotty Bowers has died at 96. Who?! Google and enjoy/be scandalised.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Quite the legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Quite the legend.

Quite a book that he wrote. Legendary.

Probably green lit more above average films and lasting classics than any other executive of his era.
    The President's Analyst (1967)
    Barefoot in the Park (1967)
    The Odd Couple (1968)
    The Detective (1968)
    Rosemary's Baby (1968)
    The Italian Job (1969)
    True Grit (1969)
    The Confession (1970)
    Love Story (1970)
    A New Leaf (1971)
    Plaza Suite (1971)
    Harold and Maude (1971)
    The Godfather (1972)
    Serpico (1973)
    Save the Tiger (1973)
    The Great Gatsby (1974)
    The Conversation (1974)

and then he made Chinatown. Had he only made this he'd be remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Robert Evans producer of Chinatown has died aged 89
    I've a feeling that if he operated nowadays, he could have suffered the same fate as Harvey Weinstein:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Joe Eszterhas repeatedly describes Evans, who was a friend, as "the devil" in his book, Hollywood Animal, and says that "all lies ever told anywhere about Robert Evans are true." His autobiography also goes into detail about a cocaine addiction that plagued Evans in the 1980s. Eszterhas's book The Devil's Guide to Hollywood: The Screenwriter as God includes an anecdote about Evans showing his appreciation for one of Eszterhas's scripts by sending him a woman with a "congratulatory note" inside her vagina.

John Witherspoon from Friday has died

Blade Runner’ and ‘Back to the Future’ Production Designer Lawrence Paull Dies at 81

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/11/lawrence-paull-obit-1202189728/

Blade Runner’ and ‘Back to the Future’ Production Designer Lawrence Paull Dies at 81

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/11/lawrence-paull-obit-1202189728/

What a visionary this man was

• Registered Users Posts: 40,200 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A name you might not recognise but a face you defnitely will. Actor Michael J Pollard has died at the age of 80. RIP.

EJ_g84ZX0AEtOJb.png:small

• Advertisement

He knew how to cross the Alps with an elephant and Oliver Reed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

A name you might not recognise but a face you defnitely will. Actor Michael J Pollard has died at the age of 80. RIP.

EJ_g84ZX0AEtOJb.png:small

A true character actor. I recognise him straight away but struggle to think where I saw him. Weirdly the first film that pops into my head is "Next of Kin".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,962 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

He used to scare me when I was a kid for some reason.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think the Homeless guy in Scrooged is the main thing I remember him for.

I think because I seen it recently enough, he was a Q type character in Tango and Cash

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

Had an unforgettable face, first saw him with Robert Redford in Little Fauss and Big Halsey, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He was fantastic in Bonnie and Clyde

RIP.
    That middle initial (it stood for "John") he bequeathed to Michael J. Fox — who, early in his career, needed a middle initial to distinguish him from another Michael Fox in the Screen Actors Guild.

The "J," Fox has said, came straight from Pollard. "He was one of my favorite character actors," Fox told England's Guardian newspaper.

https://eu.northjersey.com/story/entertainment/2019/11/27/michael-j-pollard-passaic-actor-famous-offbeat-roles-has-died/4307921002/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Broadway, film & TV actor Ron Liebman has died aged 82.

Best known for playing Roy Cohn in the Broadway production of 'Angels in America', in Norma-Rae with Sally Field and most recently for playing Rachel Green's father in the TV show Friends:

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Veteran film & TV actor René Auberjonois has died at 79. He was Father Mulcahy in the original MASH film, with roles in McCabe & Mrs. Miller, Eyes Of Laura Mars, Star Trek VI, The Player and many more, in addition to his many TV credits such as Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. He was working until recently, playing President Buchanan in the comedy Raising Buchanan.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

bnt wrote: »
    Veteran film & TV actor René Auberjonois has died at 79. He was Father Mulcahy in the original MASH film, with roles in McCabe & Mrs. Miller, Eyes Of Laura Mars, Star Trek VI, The Player and many more, in addition to his many TV credits such as Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. He was working until recently, playing President Buchanan in the comedy Raising Buchanan.

Here he is (on the right in the photo) as Doctor Burton in Batman Forever.

Batman-Forever-Doctor-Burton.jpg?w=690&quality=80&strip=info&ssl=1

He was the doctor at Arkham Asylum who spoke to Dr. Chase Meridian (Nicole Kidman) when he assessing Riddler near the end of the film.

R.I.P. René Auberjonois

Advertisement