Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in film

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Terry Jones of Monty Python fame died on Monday this week: in addition to the TV show, he created several memorable characters in Monty Python's films, especially Brian's mother in The Life Of Brian, who was not the Messiah, he was a very naughty boy. Then there was the gargantuan Mr. Creosote in The Meaning Of Life (NSFW). Jones directed both films and several others over the years.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Good news story
    Gene Hackman 90 today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

peteeeed wrote: »
    Good news story
    Gene Hackman 90 today

Take him out of the RIP thread please
    Quickly, before the Grim Reaper gets ideas.

Take him out of the RIP thread please
    Quickly, before the Grim Reaper gets ideas.

good point but i think this place needs a nice story every now and then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Maybe you could have started a happy 90th birthday Gene appreciation thread which would have been a bit more respectful to those who died instead of posting about a living person in this one.

Maybe you could have started a happy 90th birthday Gene appreciation thread which would have been a bit more respectful to those who died instead of posting about a living person in this one.

Sorry you were offended

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

peteeeed wrote: »
    good point but i think this place needs a nice story every now and then
    This is like the time I hired a clown for my sister's funeral. I felt so ripped off - he sucked and no one was laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Could people stop posting chit chat. Feckin annoying coming on here expecting some sort of news and seeing this shjte

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Alan Harris who played Bossk (the bounty hunter) in The Empire Strikes Back has died.
    January 31st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Actor Orson Bean dies aged 91 after being hit by car in Los Angeles https://jrnl.ie/4998153

Not sure what exactly I remember him from but know him from something over the years

frash wrote: »
    Actor Orson Bean dies aged 91 after being hit by car in Los Angeles https://jrnl.ie/4998153

Not sure what exactly I remember him from but know him from something over the years

Doctor Quinn

Desperate Housewives

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

frash wrote: »

The extremely graphic conversation over a glass of carrot juice in 'Being John Malkovich'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Doctor Quinn

Desperate Housewives

Yeah it was Desperate Housewives
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Skyknight

Robert Conrad has passed away on the 8th of February. He was 84

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Exploitation star Dyanne Thorne has died. Most famous for playing the buxom Nazi camp commander in the Ilsa series of films.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

About one month too late but anyhow an actor I always appreciated watching on screen Jack Kehoe has died at the age of 85 after a stroke. Bit player in some major movies in the 70s and 80s and was also in two of my absolute favorite movies ever Midnight Run and Friends of Eddie Coyle with the great Robert Michum.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jack-kehoe-dead-actor-serpico-sting-car-wash-was-85-1272008

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭MfMan

Sorry to learn of Conrad's passing, I liked Baa Baa Blacksheep back in the day. He was also in a short-lived series called The Duke, playing an ex-boxer who became a Private Eye. "I'm Dook Ramsey!"

Jack Kehoe also supported as a grifter in The Sting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Apart from Bar Bar Black Sheep I remember him from Lewis Teagues gangster shoot 'em up The Lady in Red in which in played Dillinger and the 60s western/spy mash up The Wild Wild West

Dyanne Thorne could conduct torture on me anytime! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

Orson Bean (1928 - 2020). Continuously working actor where film fans may remember him from "Being John Malkovich" or recently in "The Equalizer 2" but I'm not ashamed to admit that I saw him most weeks in "Doctor Quinn: Medicine Woman".

Led a very interesting life. Was on the Hollywood blacklist for a time, appeared on Johnny Carson show over 200 tiems, was a founding member of "sons of the desert", a Laurel and Hardy fan club, and his daughter married Andrew Breitbart, he of the eponymous website.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orson_Bean

2.50161964.jpg?crop=0,19,3000,1706&ext=.jpg&width=600&s=bn-980529

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Veteran film, television, and stage actor Kevin Conway has died. Confirmed by his publicists, the actor died Wednesday of a heart attack at 77. Conway got his start in acting at 24, appearing in off-Broadway stage hits like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Elephant Man, and when You Comin' Back, Red Ryder? His first major film role cam in Slaughterhouse-Five, a 1972 movie based on a novel of the same name by Kurt Vonnegut.

His other movie roles include Funny Farm, Invincible, Thirteen Days, Gettsyburg, and Gods and Generals. Genre fans might recognize him for his guest role as a clone of Kahless the Unforgettable in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

deise08 wrote: »
    Veteran film, television, and stage actor Kevin Conway has died. Confirmed by his publicists, the actor died Wednesday of a heart attack at 77. Conway got his start in acting at 24, appearing in off-Broadway stage hits like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Elephant Man, and when You Comin' Back, Red Ryder? His first major film role cam in Slaughterhouse-Five, a 1972 movie based on a novel of the same name by Kurt Vonnegut.

His other movie roles include Funny Farm, Invincible, Thirteen Days, Gettsyburg, and Gods and Generals. Genre fans might recognize him for his guest role as a clone of Kahless the Unforgettable in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Remember him now. Played a scheming air force general who didn't trust the Kennedys in Thirteen Days (terrific movie). Also, Sean Penn's slobbish father-in-law in Mystic River.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

deise08 wrote: »

Just read up on his credits. He did the voice over for the revamped "The Outer Limits". He is to blame for many nightmares as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Raphael Coleman, who played Eric in 2005's Nanny McPhee has died at just 25 years of age. After appearing in only three more movies, he quit acting to concentrate on his education. He graduated in zoology and turned to activism, working with Extinction Rebellion. Cause of death has yet to be released (BBC).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Raphael Coleman, who played Eric in 2005's Nanny McPhee has died at just 25 years of age. After appearing in only three more movies, he quit acting to concentrate on his education. He graduated in zoology and turned to activism, working with Extinction Rebellion. Cause of death has yet to be released (BBC).
    From his mother:

https://twitter.com/LizJensenWriter/status/1225861309092319232

• Registered Users Posts: 85,586 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Queen of Katwe actress Nikita Pearl Waligwa dies aged 15 only - RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Queen of Katwe actress Nikita Pearl Waligwa dies aged 15 only - RIP

Ah that's sad. Just read it was a brain tumor. She really got dealt a bad hand in life. Too young to go.

John Shrapnel, supporting British actor in such as Gladiator, Troy and K19 among others.
    (An ancestor invented the exploding cannonball which gave it it's name.)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

MfMan wrote: »
    John Shrapnel, supporting British actor in such as Gladiator, Troy and K19 among others.
    (An ancestor invented the exploding cannonball which gave it it's name.)

I remember his voice, deep sonorous, commanding, controlled ... He was King Nestor in Troy and also on TV he was a reliable presence in the likes of Midsomer Murders (twice!) and Jonathan Creek. RIP John.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,284 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I remember his voice, deep sonorous, commanding, controlled ... He was King Nestor in Troy and also on TV he was a reliable presence in the likes of Midsomer Murders (twice!) and Jonathan Creek. RIP John.

the name didnt ring a bell but when i googled him the face was very familiar.

Advertisement