Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston marathon 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Oh, what to wear...

Singlet and baselayer? Or running jacket as well? I'd never normally even consider wearing a jacket for a marathon but I've no idea how to plan for this. Trying to do my packing here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Oh, what to wear...

Singlet and baselayer? Or running jacket as well? I'd never normally even consider wearing a jacket for a marathon but I've no idea how to plan for this. Trying to do my packing here...

Pack everything ! As far as I can see they are waiting to see which way a front moves and it could swing warm with a tailwind & storms … or colder with a headwind. They are not going to know for sure until at best 24 hours before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Lads, I dunno about ye but that weather will suit us to the ground, we've trained in worse over the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bonaparte2

19° Hi
    RealFeel® 18°
    Precipitation 67%

Periods of rain
    Winds from the
    SW
    20 km/h
    Gusts: 32 km/h
    Max UV Index: 2 (Low)
    Thunderstorms: 24%
    Precipitation: 9 mm
    Rain: 9 mm
    Snow: 0 CM
    Ice: 0 mm
    Hours of Precipitation: 5.5 hrs
    Hours of Rain: 5.5 hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

So in conclusion, it keeps changing and we probably won't know until Monday morning. Nice to see the wind changing though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Now forecasts are calling for a tailwind with higher temperatures and potential thunderstorms. Not sure what to make of this - hate to end up junking my bad weather gear at the start. I'm guessing the BAA email was written yesterday before things switched ?

20 minutes queue to pay for jacket at expo. Yay

bonaparte2 wrote: »
    20 minutes queue to pay for jacket at expo. Yay

Apology for post. Taper crankiness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Latest weather Wet but warm ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Whatever the weather. It is a fantastic event so have a good one and most importantly ENJOY!!!

bonaparte2 wrote: »
    Apology for post. Taper crankiness

Youre forgiven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Jasus lads if we get weather thats anything like this afternoon in Boston we will be cooked. Cant see it happening but I do think it will be shorts and vest weather anyway despite the rain showers.

Jasus lads if we get weather thats anything like this afternoon in Boston we will be cooked. Cant see it happening but I do think it will be shorts and vest weather anyway despite the rain showers.

I got sunburnt ffs

Did an easy 3 miles there and the humidity unreal. Keep hydrated folks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Got sunburn on the face myself. Boston common was busy. Plenty of freebies at the expo.

I would say London was better organised from what I remember of the expo last year. Maybe because I did the London expo on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Best of luck to everyone today, fingers crossed the weather gods smile on you all!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I watched Boston online last year streaming via my Amazon Fire TV stick, but can't remember how and all I can find today is that it will be available paid for via FloTrack. Any ideas as to the best way to stream it later?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭AhhHere

robinph wrote: »
    I watched Boston online last year streaming via my Amazon Fire TV stick, but can't remember how and all I can find today is that it will be available paid for via FloTrack. Any ideas as to the best way to stream it later?

Have you tried watch athletics? https://www.watchathletics.com/schedule/watchlive/4349

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Djoucer wrote: »

Is anyone else going to be zipping up their Yuki suit to challenge him this year?

If the weather was in anyway decent he'd not stand a chance, but looks like it's going to be tough out there and that makes it doable for him to win again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Jesus! There is a point where it's very dangerous for the folks at the back of the pack being out in that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

The disclaimers at the end of the drug adverts are quite scary on US TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The sidebar chat is worth the price of admission alone :)

Sooooo glad my job now does not involve America / American customers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Fionnuala Mc up and running. 34.5x for first 10k

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

That Steak and Ribs meal in the Outback advert looks delish...

Fionnuala just under a minute behind the big group. If she can keep that gap and then start picking a few off and feeding off that feeling in the second half...... Could be a decent time.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, I may have been off with that estimate. Be interesting to see how she finishes now though. Historically a strong finisher but a Boston first timer......

Advertisement