Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston marathon 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

bonaparte2 wrote: »
    I'm flying to Providence as well but I haven't made alternative arrangements yet

Will message you

• Registered Users Posts: 27 tommykb

Wave 2 corral 5 for me - 1st time so know no better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Have ye all gotten yer bib numbers already?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bonaparte2

Have ye all gotten yer bib numbers already?

Yes, If you check out the entrants list on baa.org, its there . But no written confirmation in post.

Yes, If you check out the entrants list on baa.org, its there . But no written confirmation in post.

Wave 1 coral 4 for me.

Only 2 long runs left..........:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I read that it will be electronic this year. You will get an email with your packet pick up which you need tp bring to the expo for number pickup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Wave 2/6 for me. Hopeful of a finally getting a result that does not begin with the letter 'D' this year !

Keeping it simple this year - heading to the pasta dinner / going to try Fenway.

It's all about the weather now ! It's due a decent year … right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stephentracey

Hi All
    Just checking if people that are flying to Providence with norwegian for the boston marathon getting worried yet .
    Not much information online about changing people onto the new york flight to steward airport. I am going to decide over the weekend if I will change to delta or aerlingus or hope for the best nearer the time .

Hi All
    Just checking if people that are flying to Providence with norwegian for the boston marathon getting worried yet .
    Not much information online about changing people onto the new york flight to steward airport. I am going to decide over the weekend if I will change to delta or aerlingus or hope for the best nearer the time .

Stephen I rebooked with AerLingus and so did one of the other lads running here . Norwegian have a fleet of 160 with 24 planes that can fly long haul . 18 of these are the grounded Max 8 planes . 6 are Dreamliners and 5 are used on the big routes . They appear to be using the 6th to fly to Stewart New York in place of the Grounded max 8 . Norwegian customer service are useless . All flights to Providence have been cancelled to date so far . God knows when they will get to us .
    Tks
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stephentracey

Great thanks for the info . something to think about over the weekend when I am doing my last 22 miler

• Advertisement

I cancelled Norwegian and they refunded me in full. I booked Aer Lingus. Thanks to bryangiggsy for bringing it to my attention.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

I cancelled Norwegian and they refunded me in full. I booked Aer Lingus. Thanks to bryangiggsy for bringing it to my attention.

Did you ring them? They are telling people you cant cancel unless you get an email to say its cancelled.

Limpy wrote: »
    Did you ring them? They are telling people you cant cancel unless you get an email to say its cancelled.

I pushed them on this and they cancelled my flight and they have issued a refund although it has not hit my card yet. I got the refund confirmation from them.
    I did not call them. All was done online.

Limpy wrote: »

No, I did not speak to anyone . I did all online.

OK cheers.
    Got this book in the post today, 26.2 miles to Boston. Will hopefully keep me sane when I taper!!

Digital passport arrived last night

Anybody here going out on the Aer Lingus 11.30 next Friday ?

Anybody here going out on the Aer Lingus 11.30 next Friday ?

Yep ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 27 tommykb

11:30 Thursday for me

Yep ðŸ‘

I resisted the temptation to make an offer for the business class upgrade. Im in seat 32H, economy !!!

• Advertisement

I resisted the temptation to make an offer for the business class upgrade. Im in seat 32H, economy !!!

Sound will drop down to you. I have not got my seat number yet. Registration has changed this year from the World Trade Center to the John B Hynes Convention Center off Boylston Street . If we not delayed i plan on picking up my car rental and driving straight to registration so i dont have to come into the city Sat/Sun. Am staying with friends near Foxboro.

Sound will drop down to you. I have not got my seat number yet. Registration has changed this year from the World Trade Center to the John B Hynes Convention Center off Boylston Street . If we not delayed i plan on picking up my car rental and driving straight to registration so i dont have to come into the city Sat/Sun. Am staying with friends near Foxboro.

I'm about 3 stops from the Airport T station so will go to the digs and drop the bags. Want to get the expo over with on Friday. Will head down to watch the 5k on Sat and have a 5k shakeout with the Boston Buddies run group on Sunday morning.

The weather forecast is taking a turn for the worse. The rain (not a problem) combined with 10-20 mph headwind (NE) the entire route could make it a cold, difficult day. Not like 2018 (please!) but you should pack with this in mind.

pgmcpq wrote: »
    The weather forecast is taking a turn for the worse. The rain (not a problem) combined with 10-20 mph headwind (NE) the entire route could make it a cold, difficult day. Not like 2018 (please!) but you should pack with this in mind.

Des and Yuki will be happy. It will be like XC where you run for position rather then time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭ger664

Much like what we got in 15 I was frozen in a singlet for the last six miles. Once you summit heartbreak hill a NE sea breeze drops the fells like temp.

Bring under armour in case

Where you getting that from? Accuweather is saying :

13°/11°

RealFeel® 10°/5°
    Periods of rain
    Precipitation: 58%
    Rain: 4 mm
    Snow: 0 CM
    Humidity: 82%
    Cloud Cover: 99%
    Dew Point: 9° C
    Visibility: 7 km
    Winds from the
    SSW
    22 km/h

Nothing can be as bad as last year . Not going to worry about the weather until fri/sat . Last year I wore a singlet . If it was similar conditions this year the only thing I would add is arm warmers and rubber gloves . Keep in mind it was 5 degrees or 42 f last year .

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

After last year I don’t care what weather we get - it all looks good in comparison.

A reminder:
    https://twitter.com/alistaircragg/status/985848656241848320

Where you getting that from? Accuweather is saying :

13°/11°

RealFeel® 10°/5°
    Periods of rain
    Precipitation: 58%
    Rain: 4 mm
    Snow: 0 CM
    Humidity: 82%
    Cloud Cover: 99%
    Dew Point: 9° C
    Visibility: 7 km
    Winds from the
    SSW
    22 km/h

Couple of places including accuweather - weather underground, weather.com and the letsrun thread for the neurotic !

https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=9315666&page=3

The accuweather forecast has improved both on wind and rain, but the WU is still showing the NW 10-20mph headwind but still only showers in the morning.

No one is predicting anything like last year but the headwind is a concern. After Connemara 2016, Boston last year I'm a skittish about tough weather.
    I'm trying to figure out what to wear and whether to start with a disposable jacket.

• Advertisement

I'm scared

Advertisement