Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I came in to post the same, what a pile of sh1te, I thought the podcast hadn’t downloaded. Absolutely brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I think Casefile has finally jumped the shark.

Today's case was the most pointless yet. It was only getting started and suddenly it was over and with no real ending.

I had a bike stolen from outside my house in 1993. Never got it back... Casefile are covering it next week.

Said it a few times over the last year. It's gone from my go to podcast to a pile of shìte.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I've really enjoyed Casefile's output this year. Each to their own, I suppose. Lots of other things out there to listen to, lads!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Aw prop you couldn’t have enjoyed Saturdays it was like a ‘scary’ story my smallie would tell. It’s a thread to discuss Casefile warts and all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

pc7 wrote: »
    Aw prop you couldn’t have enjoyed Saturdays it was like a ‘scary’ story my smallie would tell. It’s a thread to discuss Casefile warts and all.

I've known about 'The Watcher' for a while. It's an interesting story. The Casefile episode did not do it justice at all. Really poor episode.

Here is an excellent article on the case:
    https://www.thecut.com/2018/11/the-haunting-of-657-boulevard-in-westfield-new-jersey.html

• Advertisement

Casefile has really gone off the boil recently but I have to say I really enjoyed the latest episode "vampire of Nuremberg"... Still strayed from it's "who done it format" from earlier episodes but still very enjoyable.

Anyway. I'm looking for another true crime series. Has anyone any recommendations for something similar to casefile or true crime island? Absolutely not anything with a man/woman team as ive tried them all and they're all awful. One narrator, something I can get lost in, even if it's a standalone series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Casefile has really gone off the boil recently but I have to say I really enjoyed the latest episode "vampire of Nuremberg"... Still strayed from it's "who done it format" from earlier episodes but still very enjoyable.

Anyway. I'm looking for another true crime series. Has anyone any recommendations for something similar to casefile or true crime island? Absolutely not anything with a man/woman team as ive tried them all and they're all awful. One narrator, something I can get lost in, even if it's a standalone series.

'They walk among us'. One narrator.
    Next best thing to casefile, in my opinion.

I'm really enjoying Algorithm but the hosts voice is so bad I actually don't know if I can stick with it but its so interesting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Men's Rea, an Irish True Crime podcast is excellent if you've not listened to it

Got an email from Patreon saying that Casefile will be taking a break due to a medical issue relating to the host....probably for a few weeks.

• Advertisement

the "Serial Killers" podcast (from Parcast with Greg Polcyn and Vanessa Richardson) is very possibly the worst of that type that I've tried
    "Please note, Vanessa's NOT a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist; but she has done a lot of research for this show. "

-"Thanks Greg!"

... but nevertheless she will shyte on for ages in a tirade of absolute complete verbal diarrhea wildly postulating what some serial killer was thinking at an exact point in time.

complete rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

The Serial Killer podcast, The host is Norwegian and a bit eccentric but the episodes are excellent.

Taken a few days off true crime and have been listening to Blackout and The Phenomenon just for a change, drama sort of stories. Anyone suggest annoy others along those lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

I’ve tried a few fiction podcasts but found most of them disappointing. The Edge of Sleep was good. Passenger List and Hunted are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Decent enough this week to be fair, promo for next weeks looks pretty good too.

Better living everyone

Back to good form the last two weeks I felt, he sounds more enthused, maybe the break did him good.

Don't listen to too many of these anymore but

Case 188 - Robert Wone

What a sickener that those bastards got off scot free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭maebee

I listened to this podcast today. Those three literally got away with murder :(

This episode involves a crime against children.

^ literally every episode of this show for the past 6 months. Jesus lads, c'mon. Every week??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

The show released today is as depraved as they come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I don't listen to Casefile a lot anymore, but I did think that the two-part episode of 'The Butcher Baker' (Case 190) was really good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

It was certainly one of the hardest to listen to but I also think it was one of the best in long time. (Case 193)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Ah I’d only really agree with the former statement although I don’t really listen to them that much anymore.

still surprised they don’t cover the Marc detroux case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Casefile has been excellent lately. The new Casefile Presents series on Sarah MacDiarmid is also excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

Hi lads and ladies, first time to post in this area. I recently found this thread and I’ve read it over a few nights. Casefile was always one of my favourite podcasts but I always went for cases that I have heard of, which wasn’t many! Big mistake. Going on all the recommendations here I’ve recently finished Port Arthur, The Silk Road and Sherri Rasmussen. Fantastic episodes. I used to Google the case before listening, which was another mistake. Now I just listen to see where the case goes. Anyway, that’s all. Thanks for the recommendations and happy new year!

Do Tina Watson and Daniel Morcombe (kiddie one, but some story), if you haven’t.

Thanks pc7, they are both on my download list. Question, when I try to download Snowtown I only get like a one minute segment….did that happen anyone else? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭maebee

Hi Schindlers, what you need to download is "The Snowtown Murders"

• Advertisement

Oh, perfect…thank you.

Advertisement