Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What did you have for breakfast thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

A nice mug of strong tea and two slices of homemade brown soda bread with some homemade marmalade, it was mighty fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Pac con tomate made with Firehouse Bakery sourdough baguette and topped with anchovies accompanied by an Aeropress made Americano coffee made with Velo Tandem Coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Huevos Rancheros.

15nnol5.jpg

Couple of eggs over easy buried under there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sausages, bacon and puddings slow cooked on the BBQ this morning, with poached eggs, sour dough toast and a spicy coleslaw/salsa. Eaten outside, please let the summer begin! :)

CC05-E036-66-B4-4-B55-BB57-36789-A878-F0-B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Sausages, bacon and puddings slow cooked on the BBQ this morning, with poached eggs, sour dough toast and a spicy coleslaw/salsa. Eaten outside, please let the summer begin! :)

That looks mighty, what pudding is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Beans, sausage bites and squares of fried bread.. well before 5 am as I was hungry... ;)

limnam wrote: »
    That looks mighty, what pudding is it?

Aldi.....

The lot.... sausage bites, bacon, beans, fried bread... oh no egg.... forgot the egg.. stuffed I am and that will be me fed for the day now. replete

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

This Sunday brunch is becoming pretty regulat.
    Hake - fried, rice and kimchi.
    Fantastic, tasty start to the day.

Black pudding hash brown, avocado, smoked salmon, poached egg, sprinkle of sumac.

IMG-20190706-120352.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I like white pudding that's not too spicy\peppery, this is a lovely white pudding which ticks those boxes.
    https://www.jackandeddies.com/products/white-pudding/

Have only seen it in Dunnes Stores so far, from a Westport based producer.

Jack-and-Eddies-White-Pudding-e1552218060445.jpg

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh must try that Odyssey6 - looks lovely. We're always trying different puddings at home :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Frittata with tomato, mushroom, onion, white pudding and cheese.

IMG-6468.jpg

That looks divine Dizzyblonde - a perfect fritatta!

somehow I have got caught up in a cooked breakfast habit... although it means
    I rarely eat then until later afternoon... Sausage bites, beans, fried bread, sometimes an egg.. coffee... Really enjoy it.

Frittata with tomato, mushroom, onion, white pudding and cheese.
    l]

Thank you for not calling it a "crustless quiche"!
    Looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Graces7 wrote: »
    somehow I have got caught up in a cooked breakfast habit... although it means
    I rarely eat then until later afternoon... Sausage bites, beans, fried bread, sometimes an egg.. coffee... Really enjoy it.

what are sausage bites Graces7?? all sounds yum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Fried Egg, bacon with Avocado Mash on rye.

486643.jpg

This is becoming a fairly regular breakfast for me now.
    Egg fried rice with kimchi and some cashews or walnuts.

Fresh corn tacos, bacon, egg, avocado etc

2r27yi8.jpg

• Advertisement

Fitzgeralds multiseed bagel (trying to use up a bag I had in the freezer), poached egg on one side and half an avocado smashed onto the other....buttered it also :o Freshly ground rock salt and black pepper on top - DELISH!!

Hangover from hell? Try some Breakfast Pizza........

942-CB212-EBB3-4533-A4-C7-ACF67-A183-BF4.jpg

Huevos Rancheros on blue corn tortillas. Chorizo bought in Spain, fresh jalapenos in the sauce add a lovely flavour and kick.

IMG-20191019-103202.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Sunday morning breakfast was leftovers on toast.

One is avocado and spring onions chopped up, topped with a boiled egg and sriracha. The other is black olive and sundried tomato pesto, chopped tomatoes and pepper and haloumi

rXsmDCq.jpg

^ I thought you'd chargrilled chicken there for a minute. Halloumi's great! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

^ I thought you'd chargrilled chicken there for a minute. Halloumi's great! :D

Otherwise known in my house as "squeaky cheese", and yes, it's food of the gods. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Had been meaning to make french toast for ages but wasn't entirely sure 'how', one of the cook books I got as a christmas present had it in there so now had it yesterday and today for breakfast.
    Picked up some maple syrup yesterday and poured that over it this morning. :D

lol.. I seek to eat with fork only! So cut the sausages into bite-sized before frying...
    same with the bread... breakfast abed in the warmth

Has been my favourite breakfast all winter.

snowgal wrote: »
    what are sausage bites Graces7?? all sounds yum

Ah thanks; not had that for ages. Great idea. Used to call it " eggy bread"!

Had been meaning to make french toast for ages but wasn't entirely sure 'how', one of the cook books I got as a christmas present had it in there so now had it yesterday and today for breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

A tiny sprinkle of cinnamon into the beaten egg is fabulous as well...and a drop of vanilla extract....

Advertisement