Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Making 80m because he capitalised on the height of his fame to secure himself the best deals with UFC and commercial partners has absolutely no relevance to whether or the wider population of MMA fans or the general population are as interested in him as they were three years ago, which was the thrust of my post. But sure change the goalposts all you like there.

In fairness this is a new 1 fight deal so he's not exactly capitalising on his peak, if anythign he would have been negotiating surrounded by all of his stupid ****e & rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Personally couldn't give a f**k how much he's making from the fight. It's likely going to be more than what all active posters on this forum make in a lifetime combined so who cares if it's $25m or $80m.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

PPV buys must be trending low if hes dropping that now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

PPV buys must be trending low if hes dropping that now

Agree with this actually. I've had a feeling this will struggle in comparison to his previous fights. Being January, the fact the card is fairly week, no title fights, Conor coming off a loss all doesn't help. Bad blood also sells and there is none here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Tbh I dont care about that side of the game, I'm just excited for a fight night

• Registered Users Posts: 39,091 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

My point about fanboys was that pretty much everybody other than the biggest fanboys got a bit bored of him over the last few years; the endless whiskey promotion, the Mayweather fight, **** the Mayweathers, the bus incident, the buildup to the khabib fight, disappearing after the khabib fight etc etc.
    Support definitely took a dive over that period. But “bored” doesn’t feel like a good description given the activity in here during Mayweather and Khabib eras. Even since Khabib fight, this is still the most active thread on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,091 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Agree with this actually. I've had a feeling this will struggle in comparison to his previous fights. Being January, the fact the card is fairly week, no title fights, Conor coming off a loss all doesn't help. Bad blood also sells and there is none here.
    Buys will definitely be low, and there’s no realistic bench mark for this fight.
    Couldn’t possibly match Khabib interest.
    Diaz fight have the rematch factor.
    Aldo and Eddie were title fights.

Mendes fight is closest. But even that was an interim title, on the back of the Aldo world tour, and a stacked card.
    Realistically if it equals the top event of 2019 it’s done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

The Nal wrote: »

"Smell o' shíte off yer Da"
    was funny mind you.

I know wee ones that like fart jokes and any mention of bums who would think that was funny but beyond that...

The khabib press conference was a head wreck...conor’s crazed shouting versus khabib’s broken English.

This was great, no click bait nonsense generating and it’s on to the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Well then you're in luck with this card.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Didn't know this was PPV...Want to watch badly but won't pay out of principal. I pay too much as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Just seen the first 20 mins of presser. As a fella who would have been against the disrespect and “mental warfare”

I found that really enjoyable to watch . You can tell the 2 fighters were enjoying it too . No bull**** , no derogatory comments that will land him in hot water , just 2 lads with mutual respect for each other ready to throw down .

Can’t wait .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Cowboy is Mr fight night, 8out his last 10 fights were fight nights, the misfortune is injured but won't pull out over the money he's making off mc gregor, he'd want to pull his head out of mc gregors hole too , he's in love with him, "I think Connor is a great guy", "so cool to hear him talk, and be on stage with him" etc, come on you fannypad and get into gear, awful .

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Cowboy is Mr fight night, 8out his last 10 fights were fight nights, the misfortune is injured but won't pull out over the money he's making off mc gregor, he'd want to pull his head out of mc gregors hole too , he's in love with him, "I think Connor is a great guy", "so cool to hear him talk, and be on stage with him" etc, come on you fannypad and get into gear, awful .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Still cant find anywhere to legitimately purchase this fight without a subscription to sky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

US2 wrote: »
    Still cant find anywhere to legitimately purchase this fight without a subscription to sky

As far as I'm aware, there isn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Macdarack wrote: »
    You know fighters are allowed like each other, it's not an alien concept..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

DAZN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

MarkY91 wrote: »
    DAZN?

Not in Ireland as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Pretty sure you can buy online and watch via the BT Sport website or via the app.

https://btsportboxofficen.bttv.bt.com/video/ufc-246-mcgregor-v-cerrone

Create a streaming account via the above link and you should be able to watch and stream. I've never used the service so not sure how reliable the streams usually are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

goon_magee wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can buy online and watch via the BT Sport website or via the app.

https://btsportboxofficen.bttv.bt.com/video/ufc-246-mcgregor-v-cerrone

Create a streaming account via the above link and you should be able to watch and stream. I've never used the service so not sure how reliable the streams usually are though.

can u just go on and create a streaming account on BT sports from Ireland and buy it that way? Please say it is so!
    Will solve problem of having to go on first row or some crap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Says UK only in the small print at the bottom. Could maybe work with a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see any option anywhere to sign up there

Tried with UK VPN too, nothing

I'll be using IPTV anyway, was just out of curiosity

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Says UK only in the small print at the bottom. Could maybe work with a VPN.

Ah good point, I'm based in Belfast an always forget about the geographical restrictions.

But yeah a VPN would probably be a workaround.

Someone here posted a guide last week.

I tried myself. Got the month trial and signed in on the app. But I get error messages when trying to play anything. The website just says my login information is incorrect (100% is not incorrect) so I today have given up in that option.

Night just have to watch it at my brother's who is having a party that night. I was hoping to watch it at home and get up at 4am but now I'm stuck with a heavy session :L

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If anyone wants to private message me about setting up DAZN fire away don't wanna **** up the whole thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

does anyone have instructions on how to get IPTV or whatever? cannot find the thread

• Advertisement

does anyone have instructions on how to get IPTV or whatever? cannot find the thread

I have an IPTV subscription but I don't trust it for such an event. Don't want to miss a second.

Advertisement