Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty 2016 : Infinite Warfare | Rumours & News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Every video I have seen I am amazed so much that my mouth has been open the entire time! I played BF3/4 but not a lot. I think I'll have 100+ hours the first week! Excited like a kid on Christmas. "It'll be great"

Not a battlefield fanboy? excited like a little kid are we?? I rest my case!

Back on topic interesting view point from Tabor I think players will find it hard to go back to the slower boots on the ground of MW1! Me and my clan will play IW first and see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Back on topic interesting view point from Tabor I think players will find it hard to go back to the slower boots on the ground of MW1! Me and my clan will play IW first and see how it goes

Yeah, though I much prefer boots on the ground than thrust jumping and wall running, when I go to back to games like Black Ops 2 with boots on the ground, it just feels weird these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Not a battlefield fanboy? excited like a little kid are we?? I rest my case!

You are taking what was said completed out of context. What case is that all I see is you being subjective to me liking what I see from battlefield as apposed to not liking what I see from Infinite Warfare.

Trolling, Fan Boy these are things that only a childish person would come up with because of their limited capacity to see past the truth. Why are you being so defensive about a game that hasn't been released. That's a rhetorical question.

When I said approach it objectively I was actually telling you to be quite and not respond. If you think I'm trolling a non response is the only way to deal with it. Of course you would know that if you actually understood your accusation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

For me COD is a massive disappointment year on year. The campaigns remain playable enough and always have some great set pieces, but the multiplayer just keeps getting more and more ridiculous - the amount of gadgets and gimmicks is just crazy, and the appearance of the two rival teams in BO3 looks more like Quake III than Call of Duty.

I don't think Battlefield comes into it as they're totally different games, I play BF a lot but I miss the better days of Call of Duty when it was just a straight up arcade shooter. I am really looking forward to the COD4 remaster though.

They're obviously doing something right as the games sell by the bucket load but it really just isn't for me anymore and unfortunately there aren't any solid alternatives that play like the older COD games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Is there any hope at all that the remaster will be made available separately? Have lost complete interest in the futuristic muck that they are peddling these days but would love to go back and play the remastered edition using the ps4 technology. If not unfortunately I'll be turning to bf1... .

Is there any hope at all that the remaster will be made available separately? Have lost complete interest in the futuristic muck that they are peddling these days but would love to go back and play the remastered edition using the ps4 technology. If not unfortunately I'll be turning to bf1... .

It will 100% in future, they always do this.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It will 100% in future, they always do this.

I think if it had been marketed the opposite way. The remastered version as the main release and bonus content of infinite warfare. A hell of lot more sales would be made. I really do think that after Christmas they will release it stand alone (with the ac130 being the trailer) they would be crazy not to especially with how bf1 has gone back to the roots of the WW1 shooter.

I think if it had been marketed the opposite way. The remastered version as the main release and bonus content of infinite warfare. A hell of lot more sales would be made.

I think that's a bit of a dramatic step. They were never going to make billions selling copies of COD4 remastered. The reason the games have gone the way they've gone is because it's become the status quo for the target audience and a massive section of the market would never even have played COD4 or MW2 at this point.

I agree that it will sell well enough sold separately but Infinite Warfare is the bigger game.
    bf1 has gone back to the roots of the WW1 shooter.

More the roots of the modern shooter. It's WW1 themed alright but gameplay wise it's absolutely a modern shooter - fast paced and dominated by automatic weapons.

An actual WW1 FPS game is Verdun - slow, long-range combat, bolt action rifles, trenches zig zagging across desolate landscapes with almost zero cover.

edit: but I'm absolutely thrilled that they've stuck with the historical/modern style and not gone for a modern-future hybrid like COD has.

Cod4 won't be sold separate as Activison will use it to sell more of the new game, expect MW2 or 3 to be bundled with Advanced Warfare next year! It might appeal to a small portion of the cod community who want to play the original games on next gen consoles but most will play Infinate Warfare unless it's a complete disaster and if it is they will go back to playing Black Ops 3 for the year!
    Anyway 2 weeks to go until the Cod XP event and the multiplayer reveal, I would expect if they have any confidence in the game that will get a multiplayer beta shortly after the event!

• Advertisement

Cod4 won't be sold separate as Activison will use it to sell more of the new game, expect MW2 or 3 to be bundled with Advanced Warfare next year! It might appeal to a small portion of the cod community who want to play the original games on next gen consoles but most will play Infinate Warfare unless it's a complete disaster and if it is they will go back to playing Black Ops 3 for the year!
    Anyway 2 weeks to go until the Cod XP event and the multiplayer reveal, I would expect if they have any confidence in the game that will get a multiplayer beta shortly after the event!

IT WILL BE IN FUTURE, not at the beginning. They always sell things separate gradually like the Nuk3town and The Giant map or Nuketown 2025 etc.

• Standard edition - $59.99
    • Legacy Edition and Digital Legacy Edition – Includes both Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, SRP $79.99.
    • Digital Deluxe Edition – Includes Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered and Season Pass, SRP $99.99.
    • Legacy Pro Edition – Includes Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Season Pass, collectible Steelbook, official game soundtrack and additional digital items, SRP $119.99.

If it is released after Christmas there is another $59.99 profit for them to make. Think they won't cash in. The last time I checked the official trailer for Infinite Warfare on YouTube it had just over 2 million dislikes. Now it has 3.2 million dislikes that's 10% of views (516k likes). We'll see how many dislikes the multiplayer reveal will get. If they do reveal remastered multiplayer too compare the two reveals dislike count and weigh up the pros and cons from their point of view for not releasing stand alone COD4 remastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

I think the telling thing for me is that at 38 years of age i just don't have the appetite for the futuristic "bouncing off walls " halo type thing that cod has going on at the moment. And that looks like it's going to get even worse with the new game. I work with a number of lads that are avid gamers. Not one of them is planning to buy this. They all agree that their interest has waned to such an extent that they are thinking of doing the previously unthinkable. .......moving to Battlefield. ...... Its all so disappointing cos I've played Cod for years now. Used to queue outside my local xtravision for the latest release and normally always bought the limited editions. Not this year though. ....

Does anyone know if the modern warfare remaster that comes with the legacy edition (on XB1) be a download code or physical disc?

Thanks

Does anyone know if the modern warfare remaster that comes with the legacy edition (on XB1) be a download code or physical disc?

Thanks

Download code. See plenty of them on ebay!

"4. Will Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Remastered come as a separate disc?
    No, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game digital download that will be included in the Legacy, Legacy Pro, and Digital Deluxe editions of Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare. Internet connection required."

https://www.callofduty.com/infinitewarfare/legal/faq

Download code. See plenty of them on ebay!

"4. Will Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Remastered come as a separate disc?
    No, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game digital download that will be included in the Legacy, Legacy Pro, and Digital Deluxe editions of Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare. Internet connection required."

https://www.callofduty.com/infinitewarfare/legal/faq

Thanks, just looking for the modern warfare remaster so hopefully a good few show up on eBay as you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Activision have said that you require Infinite Warfare to play MWR which suggests that you may have to launch MWR from within Infinite Warfare.

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Activision have said that you require Infinite Warfare to play MWR which suggests that you may have to launch MWR from within Infinite Warfare.

:(

:(

Why not just get both??

Why not just get both??

No interest in another futuristic COD tbh.

• Advertisement

No interest in another futuristic COD tbh.

Smh people don't realise games have to innovate. Multiplayer is just going to be like every other COD, and we haven't even seen gameplay!

Smh people don't realise games have to innovate. Multiplayer is just going to be like every other COD, and we haven't even seen gameplay!

I've no problem with that. I'm just looking for COD 4 at the moment and just looking to see will there be any way to get that game without paying E90.

I've no problem with that. I'm just looking for COD 4 at the moment and just looking to see will there be any way to get that game without paying E90.

Most probably just to stop the resale of the code hopefully. Wouldn't be spending over the odds for it myself and have the patience to wait for the standalone release of enhanced quality COD4. Its been 9 years since its release another 3-4 months after infinite isn't going to hurt any besides its not as if seasoned players are going to be Christmas noobs on it!

How many people game you get on game sharing I wonder?

Innovation has nothing to do with getting progressively more futuristic though. I won't be buying IW either as I've zero interest in futuristic COD titles either.

My problem personally isn't the gameplay. Black Ops 3 and Advanced Warfare still feel like COD always did - it's the gimmicky nature of the game that puts me off. Wall running, jet packs, armour lock, abilities, gadgets, cartoon-like character customisation....I just have no interest in all of that but they're now core elements of the game.

I've never been one to claim the game is crap, it's just not for me anymore and for a lot of people who grew up playing the original Call of Duty, COD2, COD4, it's not either.

It's the reason I'm dying for the COD4 remaster. MW2 and the first Black Ops were pretty good MP wise but for me the pinnacle was always COD4.

Cod XP kicks off today and look at this.. good man Conor!
    https://twitter.com/brettmolina23/status/771672637693104128

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

All 16 Maps from the original modern warfare will be in the remaster. Up until now they said only 10 would be in the game.

10 at launch and the rest in December.

Infinate Warfare Beta 14th of October

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Infinate Warfare Beta 14th of October

Just to add to that for others benefit. You need to pre-order any edition of Infinite Warfare to gain access to the beta & it's PS4 only, for now.

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/771759526202662912

• Advertisement

From what I've seen I think it IW looks good some early feedback is that it plays very similar to Black Ops3 nothing wrong with that, Cod4 looks great, you can't really go wrong, I'm happy I went the whole hog for the €109.99 Digital Deluxe edition!

Advertisement