Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty 2015 Black Ops 3 | News and Rumours!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

lord help us, a multiplayer reveal at E3 and not a single comment on it?

Meh. Looks like a prettier more colourful advanced warfare. Zero fuks given.

Apparently the actual gameplay itself, aside from the new movement, feels just like black ops so it's really disappointing they didn't just leave it as a normal black ops.

Bo3 will be the best of a bad bunch out of these new cod games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Couple of clips

Official trailer which I think hypes the wall running etc but based on the videos I don't think it's like AW

Official trailer which I think hypes the wall running etc but based on the videos I don't think it's like AW

Doesn't matter, it's not running on the ground like a normal person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Can you still boost jump (youtube is blocked in here)?

Makaveli wrote: »
    Can you still boost jump (youtube is blocked in here)?

You kind of have a power up gauge that allows you to boost jump but you can't double jump like in AW also wall running is limited to certain walls and it's kind of like taken a short cut also it's easy to shoot lads when they are wall running.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

If they got the spawns and the connection right there would be hope for this game. The spawns in AW were a joke and the connection in BO2 was broken at launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

If they got the spawns and the connection right there would be hope for this game. The spawns in AW were a joke and the connection in BO2 was broken at launch.

+1 about the spawns. They were a total joke in AW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,126 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Call_Of_Duty__Black_Ops_3_Collector_s_Edition_72960.jpg

I wanted the Juggernog but the Collector's edition has already sold out :confused:

everlast75 wrote: »
    Call_Of_Duty__Black_Ops_3_Collector_s_Edition_72960.jpg

I wanted the Juggernog but the Collector's edition has already sold out :confused:

You serious? Was looking at that earlier and really wanted it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,126 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

rottie 11 wrote: »
    You serious? Was looking at that earlier and really wanted it :(

http://www.inquisitr.com/2242930/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-juggernog-edition-sold-out-der-riese-only-in-special-editions/

I got an email from Gamesstop to say it was available but then when I clicked in it said it was sold out :mad:

everlast75 wrote: »
    http://www.inquisitr.com/2242930/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-juggernog-edition-sold-out-der-riese-only-in-special-editions/

I got an email from Gamesstop to say it was available but then when I clicked in it said it was sold out :mad:

Ya I got the email aswel. It's sold out in Gamestop so just, not sold out everywhere?

Is there anyone looking forward to this ?

Not many posts in this thread for a massive game. Is COD really that ****ed :O

Is there anyone looking forward to this ?

Not many posts in this thread for a massive game. Is COD really that ****ed :O

Basically. Fuk this franchise, until they release a normal CoD like CoD 2/4 or WaW again it's hard to respect it

I'm looking forward plus you get the beta next month. I've booked a few days off from November 6th, so yeah I'm looking forward to Treyarch's release this year. Can't say the same for next year if IW release Ghosts 2 although rumours are it will be MW4

I'm looking forward plus you get the beta next month. I've booked a few days off from November 6th, so yeah I'm looking forward to Treyarch's release this year. Can't say the same for next year if IW release Ghosts 2 although rumours are it will be MW4

I'm a small bit worried about the jet pack thing , I absolutely hated aw because of the boost jump thing.

Why would they make ghosts 2 when that game was fairly disappointing? I'd much prefer mw4

• Advertisement

Basically. Fuk this franchise, until they release a normal CoD like CoD 2/4 or WaW again it's hard to respect it

What about mw2 , mw3 , bo and bo2 ? They were all great games

They're when it started becoming more of a cluster fuk with killstreaks, attachments etc. but they were all still disappointments compared to the earlier ones, especially for repeatability. They just need to release one where there are only a few simple gun attachments, 2-5-7 killstreak setup and no annoying perks

They're when it started becoming more of a cluster fuk with killstreaks, attachments etc. but they were all still disappointments compared to the earlier ones, especially for repeatability. They just need to release one where there are only a few simple gun attachments, 2-5-7 killstreak setup and no annoying perks

I agree about the annoying perks. Some of the kills treats are annoying aswel but I still loved those games up until ghosts. Just hope this one is some bit better

I'm a small bit worried about the jet pack thing , I absolutely hated aw because of the boost jump thing.

Why would they make ghosts 2 when that game was fairly disappointing? I'd much prefer mw4

I think the jet pack and wall running will be minimal you will have a gauge on your screen and from what I can see it runs out in a couple of seconds. But sure we will see next month they must be confident enough if they are doing a beta. I would suggest anyone interested should pre-order on the psn store that way your automatically in the beta and if you don't like the beta you can cancel the pre-order afterwards.

They haven't ruled out a Cod collection similar to Halo, I would also say this will be the last black ops and Treyarch will give us WAW2 as they're next offering but that's 3 years off!

• Advertisement

So Black OpS 3 beta starts next Wednesday for the PS4 for those who pre-ordered if you own Xbox one/ PC it's a week later. Looks like Treyarch have more focus on the PC offering with dedicated servers being provided for the game. Also Demolition wis coming back. This should be interesting don't think there has been a beta of a cod game since WAW. Also all stats/levels will be reset after the beta.

So Black OpS 3 beta starts next Wednesday for the PS4 for those who pre-ordered if you own Xbox one/ PC it's a week later. Looks like Treyarch have more focus on the PC offering with dedicated servers being provided for the game. Also Demolition wis coming back. This should be interesting don't think there has been a beta of a cod game since WAW. Also all stats/levels will be reset after the beta.

How long does the beta go on for? And is there still some available for xbox one

How long does the beta go on for? And is there still some available for xbox one

If you digitally pre-order it you can get it on Xbox One also I'm sure if you pre-order it in store they give it to you also.
    I was going to pre-order it digitally on Xbox one but they take the cash instantly which sucks when if you do the same on the playstation store they take the cash around the release date!

If you digitally pre-order it you can get it on Xbox One also I'm sure if you pre-order it in store they give it to you also.
    I was going to pre-order it digitally on Xbox one but they take the cash instantly which sucks when if you do the same on the playstation store they take the cash around the release date!

Think I'm gonna go for a physical copy this time. I bought aw digitally and I haven't played it in months so would have liked to sell it on

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I got an Xbox One beta code and I'm looking forward to trying the game out, but it just looks like an updated Advanced Warfare. Unless the beta blows my socks off, I won't be buying it. Until developers/publishers start to make games for only Xbone and PS4, we're going to be stuck with these lazy substandard updates of last years game. PS3 and 360 are majorly holding back multiplatform games.

I love Treyarch and the previous Black Ops games (and WaW), but I can't see this being as good as them.

I got my dad to pre order this for me in smyths today. They didn't mention anything about a beta code. How many digits does the code have?

I got my dad to pre order this for me in smyths today. They didn't mention anything about a beta code. How many digits does the code have?

Did they give you anything with the receipt? If not I would go back to the store and ask them for it, gimp in as Smyths might be playing a fast one and hang onto code to give to his mates.

Did they give you anything with the receipt? If not I would go back to the store and ask them for it, gimp in as Smyths might be playing a fast one and hang onto code to give to his mates.

All my dad got was the receipt. I'm definitely going back in tomorrow tho

I rang up the store there and she gave me the code over the phone :)

I rang up the store there and she gave me the code over the phone :)

Well done you need to go to the call of duty site to register your code and pick your console PS4 or Xbox One, should be instructions on the site on what to do. Glad you got sorted!

• Advertisement

Well done you need to go to the call of duty site to register your code and pick your console PS4 or Xbox One, should be instructions on the site on what to do. Glad you got sorted!

Cheers man think il do that now to make sure the code is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Almost every Beta so far on Xbox one has , towards the end at least - been opened to all - wonder if we'll see that here? I'd like to try before I buy, not the other way around.

Almost every Beta so far on Xbox one has , towards the end at least - been opened to all - wonder if we'll see that here? I'd like to try before I buy, not the other way around.

I doubt it seeing this is Activision's game and the Microsoft/ cod exclusivity deal is gone.
    I own both consoles and ordered the game digitally on PS4, they take the cash a few days before the game is released, I tried the same in Xbox marketplace and see they charge you for the game when you pre-order it which is poor show by Microsoft, so I've pre-ordered it on Amazon they will send me the beta on the 26th so I'll get 10 days of the beta between both consoles.

I just went onto cod website and signed in using my Xbox sign in details and entered the code and that's it? Was I meant to get another code or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I doubt it seeing this is Activision's game and the Microsoft/ cod exclusivity deal is gone.
    I own both consoles and ordered the game digitally on PS4, they take the cash a few days before the game is released, I tried the same in Xbox marketplace and see they charge you for the game when you pre-order it which is poor show by Microsoft, so I've pre-ordered it on Amazon they will send me the beta on the 26th so I'll get 10 days of the beta between both consoles.

I preordered for the PS4 off amazon, did it take long for the BETA code to be emailed to you ?

Just before I email them about it. I only pre ordered yesterday

2smiggy wrote: »
    I preordered for the PS4 off amazon, did it take long for the BETA code to be emailed to you ?

Just before I email them about it. I only pre ordered yesterday

I pre ordered and got a message that for Xbox one I would get the code emailed to me on the date of the beta release so if you pre-ordered on PS4 you should get the code emailed tomorrow morning

Anyone ordered Black Ops 3 on the PSN store get the black ops 3 camos bonus doc for advanced warfare? It's advertised but can't find anywhere to downloaded it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

I pre ordered and got a message that for Xbox one I would get the code emailed to me on the date of the beta release so if you pre-ordered on PS4 you should get the code emailed tomorrow morning

I preordered on PS4 from Amazon a week ago and still no code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Anyone ordered Black Ops 3 on the PSN store get the black ops 3 camos bonus doc for advanced warfare? It's advertised but can't find anywhere to downloaded it
    I think that was for NA only, which they failed to mention at all, I ordered it the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

Morpork wrote: »
    I preordered on PS4 from Amazon a week ago and still no code.

On the Amazon site under terms and conditions "This offer is only available to United Kingdom residents."

I was going to pre-order from amazon myself but decided against it when I realised I wasn't eligible for the beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

chunkydave wrote: »
    On the Amazon site under terms and conditions "This offer is only available to United Kingdom residents."

I was going to pre-order from amazon myself but decided against it when I realised I wasn't eligible for the beta.

I had seen that, but chanced it anyway. I have sent them a message about it, but have yet to get a reply. If I do not get in I would not be too bothered. It's a long shot if I would buy the game anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

2smiggy wrote: »
    I had seen that, but chanced it anyway. I have sent them a message about it, but have yet to get a reply. If I do not get in I would not be too bothered. It's a long shot if I would buy the game anyway

I'm in the exact same boat. I was only going to pre-order it so I could play the beta, if I didn't enjoy it I was going to cancel the booking. Might just wait now until after its out to see what the feedback is like. I wasn't a fan of Ghosts or AW so don't want to get stung with pre-ordering something I'm not going to enjoy.

If your on the PS4 just pre order via the PSN store and you'll get the beta automatically tomorrow morning you can cancel the order after the beta

Couple of streams up some you tubers got early access guy I follow JayEx23 is playing now on twitch http://www.twitch.tv/JayEx23/mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Any ideas when the beta goes live? Just pre-ordered and stuck a 5er on it today for a beta code for PS4. I haven't been keeping up with the beta/game info at all so will it be playable midnight tonight or sometime in the early morning when it goes live at midnight in america?

Edit : NVM just saw the countdown on their site :o

Ramza wrote: »
    Any ideas when the beta goes live? Just pre-ordered and stuck a 5er on it today for a beta code for PS4. I haven't been keeping up with the beta/game info at all so will it be playable midnight tonight or sometime in the early morning when it goes live at midnight in america?

Edit : NVM just saw the countdown on their site :o
    7am to 8am tomorrow morning

7am to 8am tomorrow morning

Shame we don't get to preload with an early client download in preparation for then. Oh well :(

On an unrelated note, ping numbers are confirmed in BO3...this is amazingly helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

chunkydave wrote: »

Ah, missed that! Cheers.

The missus works for Activision so she got codes anyway!

Pre-ordered on the PS store to guarantee getting in without waiting, but the PS store is very confusing. Says it's only going to take payment days before release, but still shows it's pre-ordered on my account. I wonder did it go through? AFAIK there's no way to actually pay in full yet, just gotta wait until a few days before release when they prompt for payment. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement