Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Gun Monkey

Any recommendations for a good pair of wireless earbuds at the minute? Special offers or discounts etc on something good value that doesnt cost a fortune? Im sorry to ask but ive read all the previous posts from page 1 and watched the youtube review and im more confused now than ever! I would like something with good battery life as i work long shifts, preferably from amazon? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Personally I prefer the Tiso i4s which I use on a regular basis. I purchased the i6s back in November and while the sound is good the bass level is not as good as on the i4s, however they sit better in my ears than the i4s. One major drawback is when you're powering off the i6s you have to long press either button for 5 seconds which will either forward to the next track or reverse to the previous track before powering off which can be annoying when listening to a long podcast, any solutions welcome!

I might get shot down here by people with more knowledge but I've had several TWS ear buds over the last 2-3 years and bang for buck (particularly strong consistent signal with no dropouts, comfort and long battery life) these (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XG8L3CW/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_v.9dEbNJZZEQK) have been the best I've purchased thus far.

I predominantly wear them in the gym and they are rock solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Is it just me who sees those ones can't be shipped to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Parcel motel isn’t mainland uk so won’t work, it’s blocked now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Gun Monkey wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a good pair of wireless earbuds at the minute? Special offers or discounts etc on something good value that doesnt cost a fortune? Im sorry to ask but ive read all the previous posts from page 1 and watched the youtube review and im more confused now than ever! I would like something with good battery life as i work long shifts, preferably from amazon? Thanks in advance.
    Parcel motel isn’t mainland uk so won’t work, it’s blocked now

I find the Soundliberty 53's to be excellent.
    Gets great reviews on YouTube as well.

Currently they are showing up as £27.99 on a limited time deal.

Ship to an An Post AddressPal location in the UK & collect at your local post office.

I'm getting a few more pairs for the family while they're at this price.

https://amzn.to/2ZZSny8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Anyone tried these?
    https://blkpods.com/

I've seen the ads all over social media and googled and seen some good reviews on youtube etc - but they smell a bit sponsored? $59 seems like decent value?
    he New Blk Pods 2, your wireless experience revolutionized...

Now Complete With Wireless Charging to make your life easier and upgraded speakers for every song, video, or phone call.

Instantly immerse yourself in a true audio experience when you wear your blk pods.

Our pods are aesthetically perfect with upgraded speakers, a powerful wireless charging case and crystal clear microphones.

With universal connectivity, completely wireless charging, and nothing but the best technology, your experience will be unbelievably perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Protagonist

neacy69 wrote: »
    Anyone tried these?
    https://blkpods.com/

I've seen the ads all over social media and googled and seen some good reviews on youtube etc - but they smell a bit sponsored? $59 seems like decent value?

According to reviews on reddit they're just i12 or i13 pods from alixpress rebranded.

I've been looking to get myself a decent pair of wireless earphones as well. Pain in the hole that Amazon doesn't deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I am just looking for a set to have on short haul flights, something that has the ability to pause, forward and backup on tunes and if possible volume controls.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

[HTML][/HTML]
    I am just looking for a set to have on short haul flights, something that has the ability to pause, forward and backup on tunes and if possible volume controls.

These TaoTronics Soundliberty 53's that i posted about above are great for the price.

wandererz wrote: »
    I find the Soundliberty 53's to be excellent.
    Gets great reviews on YouTube as well.

Currently they are showing up as £27.99 on a limited time deal.

Ship to an An Post AddressPal location in the UK & collect at your local post office.

I'm getting a few more pairs for the family while they're at this price.

https://amzn.to/2ZZSny8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

wandererz wrote: »
    [HTML][/HTML]

These TaoTronics Soundliberty 53's that i posted about above are great for the price.

Just ordered the 79's which come in at €60. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081RCZ6F9/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_JCngEbWH9B8CX

The reviews are very good, what swung it for me is the call quality.

this is a great price of £21 for very well reviewed across the web (and 4.7 on amazon) tws that have Aptx (few if any cheaper ones have this, even pretty expensive ones don't) and AAC codecs which are much better in terms of latency (and quality) than standard bluetooth audio.

this is due to the Qualcomm QCC3020 chip.

6 to 7 hour earbud battery life is well above average also.

usb- c charging input and also a 2nd charging option with a built in cable to usb-a plugs or laptop.

use addresspal as don't ship to ROI or NI.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tronsmart-Touch-Control-Noise-Canceling-Assistant-Spunky-Beat-Black/dp/B07ZPST5S3/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=tronsmart+aptx&qid=1578735737&smid=A1GL19G8CR2V3L&sr=8-5

review
    https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/headphones/tronsmart-spunky-beat-3777931/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I bought myself a Samsung Note 10+ last october as a present to myself. They came with an offer of a free pair of samsung galaxy buds that you could send away for. So i sent away for them and they finally arrived on friday. I am quite impressed with them.

Some good points:

Connecting with my phone was easier than any other set of buds i own. As soon as i took them out of the charging case my phone popped up a message asking me if i wanted to connect them. No special presses on the bud buttons to put them into pairing mode.
    They use bluetooth 5.0. connection is rock solid
    Sound is excellent. The buds conenct using the samsung wearables app which allows you to change the equaliser settings.
    The buds use touch control not actual buttons.
    If you long press one of the buds it lets in ambient sounds. Handy if somebody asks you a question
    USB-C charging for the case

Some negatives

The charging case only adds an extra 7 hours of use. most of the other buds i own add multiples of that.
    It is too easy to pause the music if you accidentally brush off the touch control on the buds.
    Quite expensive if you buy them separately. €120 is the cheapest i've seen.

At their price point you shouldn't really compare to them to the €20 jobs from aliexpress. Comparing them to a similarly priced pair like the Creative Outlier Airs they are far superior. Though that opinion is coloured because i hate my Outlier Airs and consider them just a massive waste of money. Overall i found the galaxy buds excellent and will be my main set for the forseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

At their price point you shouldn't really compare to them to the €20 jobs from aliexpress. Comparing them to a similarly priced pair like the Creative Outlier Airs they are far superior. Though that opinion is coloured because i hate my Outlier Airs and consider them just a massive waste of money. Overall i found the galaxy buds excellent and will be my main set for the forseeable.

Glad the Galaxy Buds are are decent option - had looked at them too. FWIW, my Creative Outlier Airs are still rock solid for me and cost half as much as the Galaxy Buds (E65 currently). Really strange the varying experiences people have had with them though - I'm on my 3rd pair (lost the other 2) and they've all been good. Seems to be lots of other people having the opposite experience though. :confused:

Anyway, good luck with your Galaxy Buds and also the Note 10 - would like that phone!

glasso wrote: »
    this is a great price of £21 for very well reviewed across the web (and 4.7 on amazon) tws that have Aptx (few if any cheaper ones have this, even pretty expensive ones don't) and AAC codecs which are much better in terms of latency (and quality) than standard bluetooth audio.

this is due to the Qualcomm QCC3020 chip.

6 to 7 hour earbud battery life is well above average also.

usb- c charging input and also a 2nd charging option with a built in cable to usb-a plugs or laptop.

use addresspal as don't ship to ROI or NI.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tronsmart-Touch-Control-Noise-Canceling-Assistant-Spunky-Beat-Black/dp/B07ZPST5S3/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=tronsmart+aptx&qid=1578735737&smid=A1GL19G8CR2V3L&sr=8-5

review
    https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/headphones/tronsmart-spunky-beat-3777931/

these have gone up to 27 sterling on amazon but you can get them for just over 27 euro all-in delivered from geekbuying using the italy wareshouse option so given that you had to use addresspal on amazon means that it's overall a fair bit cheaper. I've just ordered a pair.

note that these earphones also have clear voice tech for phonecalls which comes with the qualcomm chip also.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Tronsmart-Spunky-Beat-Bluetooth-5-0-TWS-Earbuds-Qualcomm-420153.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

these have gone up to 27 sterling on amazon but you can get them for just over 27 euro all-in delivered from geekbuying using the italy wareshouse option so given that you had to use addresspal on amazon means that it's overall a fair bit cheaper. I've just ordered a pair.

note that these earphones also have clear voice tech for phonecalls which comes with the qualcomm chip also.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Tronsmart-Spunky-Beat-Bluetooth-5-0-TWS-Earbuds-Qualcomm-420153.html

thought id give them a go and see how i feel with in ear stuff..wonder how long they will take

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

thought id give them a go and see how i feel with in ear stuff..wonder how long they will take

shouldn't take more than a week to 10 days to arrive I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Italy warehouse is less than a week iirc. I think it's only 2-3 days.

Suckit wrote: »

they have to be processed and dispatched first tho...

although in fairness they have dispatched it today - very quick - quiet period after the Christmas rush lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ordered the Anker Soundcore Q20 for about £40 at the weekend.. meant to be solid, not "Bose solid" but great for the price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Basq wrote: »
    Ordered the Anker Soundcore Q20 for about £40 at the weekend.. meant to be solid, not "Bose solid" but great for the price!

My kids have these. Sound quality is very poor with the base being way too basey and it ruins the sound. Is there a way to adjust this do you know?

Synode wrote: »
    My kids have these. Sound quality is very poor with the base being way too basey and it ruins the sound. Is there a way to adjust this do you know?
    Have heard people say volume can be quite low but haven't heard anything about being overly bassy.

There's a bass boost button on them I thought for some reason.. haven't received yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Just tried them again there and I was probably being a bit harsh. However they are on the basey side with the rest of the sound being poorer because of it. No bass boost button. Just the noise cancelling one and volume controls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Got a pair of those late last year, my first cordless headphones. Must admit I was a bit skeptical as to how well they'd work but was pleasantly surprised. I use them to listen to podcasts while running & amazingly they haven't fallen out. Only (very slight) annoyance is that it's practically impossible to put them on without pressing the control pad multiple times on the side.

Synode wrote: »
    Just tried them again there and I was probably being a bit harsh. However they are on the basey side with the rest of the sound being poorer because of it. No bass boost button. Just the noise cancelling one and volume controls
    https://www.techhive.com/article/3433518/anker-soundcore-life-q20-review.html

"A volume rocker on the right earcup has an integrated play button that lets you play and pause music and answer calls. You can also engage the headset’s “BassUp” bass-boosting feature by double-pressing the play button, or you can long-press it to summon Siri or Google Assistant. Next to the volume rocker is a Micro-USB charging port and a 3.5mm audio jack for wired listening using the included 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable."
    Would this be it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

surely bassy is the aim of many these. Isn't it what the kidz want these days?

opus wrote: »
    Got a pair of those late last year, my first cordless headphones. Must admit I was a bit skeptical as to how well they'd work but was pleasantly surprised. I use them to listen to podcasts while running & amazingly they haven't fallen out. Only (very slight) annoyance is that it's practically impossible to put them on without pressing the control pad multiple times on the side.

Yes saw that that was the only real complaint about them but not a huge deal. I prefer physical buttons on tws iems but their other features are so good for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

although in fairness they have dispatched it today - very quick - quiet period after the Christmas rush lol

The Italian Warehouse is the quickest from them. It's always 1-3 days delivery no matter the time of year.

Order today for example, they should arrive on or before Friday. I think 3pm or 4pm is the dispatch cutoff point for that day.

• Advertisement

The Italian Warehouse is the quickest from them. It's always 1-3 days delivery no matter the time of year.

Order today for example, they should arrive on or before Friday. I think 3pm or 4pm is the dispatch cutoff point for that day.

certainly quicker than other geekbuying warehouses going on this experience in any case. processing time to dispatch has been fairly slow when I ordered from them in the past but I'm fairly sure that it was a different warehouse.

Advertisement