Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling Videos Megathread **Do not quote videos**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭cletus

Part two of the above. On a phone, so can't embed properly

*edit* decided to go back and do it properly

Aaand part 3. Yet again on the phone, will fix later

https://youtu.be/HmjbA2rxrjw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Only caught sight of this today! thought it was great - centered a lot around Sam naturally :cool:

Part 4

Bicycle prototyping

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

more 'how its made', this time campy wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Advertisement

I really like the look of that frame and by all accounts is up there in terms of quality and usability. Pricey though for what is effectively a novelty bike.

the chap he mentions in the video who gave him the idea for the bike is this chap:

and it's worth noting that he'd written about woodelo, the irish company, years ago, so i suspect that's where he got the idea himself regarding ash bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭f1000

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

They have a drone and they're not afraid to use it... cool vid through. I like how drones have opened things up, but I wanted them to follow the rider more instead of swooping off all the time. Fabulous scenery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭marvin42

Just don't get why he needs a electric bike to go downhill at 90% of the video :-)

same noise i make when i'm working on my bikes.

I'd like to know what the kid was doing to get the bike in such a state in the first place.

Also, I wouldn't trust those handlebars, pretty sure they're going to be suffering metal fatigue after all that twisting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭devonp

how's your descending ?.....Danny MacAskill

The scary video!

Wow watch those in 4k if you can, your eyes will thank you. What a stunning part of the world.

I'd like to think my bike handling is ok/good but I would need the hearse to take me out of there and probably just from the effort of carrying the bike up it once. Did it say how many runs he did?

• Advertisement

Wow watch those in 4k if you can, your eyes will thank you. What a stunning part of the world.

I'd like to think my bike handling is ok/good but I would need the hearse to take me out of there and probably just from the effort of carrying the bike up it once. Did it say how many runs he did?

It didn't. I think the final edit was all in one go, and he had 3 days up on the slabs. Madness.
    I think I'd need an ambulance looking at it :D

I've always wanted to go to Shetland, Orkney's, Skye and the Highlands. On the list for a vaccinated future.

Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I love the dream build series. Old shovel is enjoyable too, although almost exclusively mountain bikes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Just throwing it out there, in a form over function criticism, Ceramic speed jockey wheels are as ugly as f*ck.

Relaxing video other than that.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

eeeee wrote: »
    It didn't. I think the final edit was all in one go, and he had 3 days up on the slabs. Madness.
    I think I'd need an ambulance looking at it :D

I've always wanted to go to Shetland, Orkney's, Skye and the Highlands. On the list for a vaccinated future.

My sister lives near the Cairngorms. Got to do some relatively light but thoroughly enjoyable trail biking near Balmoral. Lovely part of the world. It's like a mish mash of Kerry and Wicklow to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Danny MacAskill never fails to absolutely terrify me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Here's another one of Danny's, from a few years ago.
    Definitely not shot in one go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_7k3fnxPq0

And the music is great.

kinda surprised his brakes aren't glowing cherry red by the end.

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_7k3fnxPq0

And the music is great.

Ha yeah they show it at the end, the first thing I asked myself at the start of the video, how many times did it take to land on the rail!!!

Also I'm annoyed he didn't stay on the train all the way to Hogwarts!!! :D

this came up here before i think, but didn't someone here know the story behind the cycling club which appears at about 2:15 in this video?

Yeah there was a thread, info though is in this post.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68615985&postcount=35

That was great.
    Really wasn't expecting to see him get wet.
    Good to see the outtakes - I'd be curious to know if there are any from some of his more dangerous rides.
    And the music is great.
    The DC are brilliant. This song really suits Danny's video

Watched it with my son this morning, finally cycling videos he likes outside of the sprint finishes by Sam Bennett at the end of big races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,666 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

that has to have been a setup. you can see he looks down and stops pedalling as if in expectation of the fall.

also, the surprise of the chap filming seems a little at odds with the fact that you'd assume that he's also come from wherever that chap is coming from.

Fitting out a bike workshop/training area

Just a note, some of his work is rough as a badger's arse, but the general idea isn't bad

This is a video, filmed lately in Limerick.
    It gives an indication of Oisin's skill and talent.

Awesome.

I embedded your post Eamonnator for max watchability!

• Advertisement

His cornering at 90 degrees, it's incredible technically, he will be a once in a generation rider he makes that look so easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Am I the only one thinking 'He'll destroy that jersey'?

CramCycle wrote: »
    His cornering at 90 degrees, it's incredible technically, he will be a once in a generation rider he makes that look so easy.

There are two sections, both right hand 90 degree corners, that I must have watched 30 times. His technical ability is just amazing and kinda frightening.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

His bike handling is outrageous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭wheelo01

daragh_ wrote: »
    Am I the only one thinking 'He'll destroy that jersey'?

I think I'd have destroyed the trousers!!

To have the confidence and courage to go at the speeds he does into corners is phenomenal, I cycled over a mossy/wet path in the park the other day and nearly had a heart attack when I started wheelspinning :D

First video on my feed today

Alexei Sayle meandering around London on a bicycle.

One of a series (think he's up to no. 5 or 6 now)

https://youtu.be/IGO22mT2plc

cletus wrote: »
    Alexei Sayle meandering around London on a bicycle.

One of a series (think he's up to no. 5 or 6 now)

https://youtu.be/IGO22mT2plc

I watched and enjoyed that, thank you.
    Purely by coincidence, after looking at it I was flicking channels on T.V. I came across a documentary about The Secret Policeman's Ball, which featured Sayle. He seems to have mellowed quite a bit with age.

Wow I haven't heard of Alexei since his TV shows in the mid/late 90's. Videos are great but Christ I'd be confused as **** in places with the road marking and layouts they have there for all road users based on the first video.

I just recently came across the "Bikes vs. Stupidity" series on YouTube. It's like the opposite of the Alexei Sayle videos.

It also seems like a really stressful way to live your life

• Advertisement
Advertisement