Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But the seller included a copy of Pokemon Soulsilver, sans Pokewalker unfortunately, and a PSP charger.
    Someone was having a clear out I'd say!
    Still, a really nice bonus to an already great deal!
    if you've a double SS I'd take it :p
    You lucky duck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sera wrote: »
    if you've a double SS I'd take it :p
    You lucky duck!

Nope, don't own it myself.
    Must look out for a Pokewalker somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Nope, don't own it myself.
    Must look out for a Pokewalker somewhere.

I was going to list it as one of the least convoluted ways of getting a Spiritomb, but just looked it up and it requires 2,000,000 steps to unlock the area they're in. Alternatively, you could just, yanno....trade online for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Postman brought me a Nightmare in Dreamland, and a new N64 s-video cable.

P1040201_zps70d4911a.jpg
    P1040188_zpsfbe181dd.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nightmare in Dreamland is so nice.
    Well done there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Postman brought me a Nightmare in Dreamland, and a new N64 s-video cable.

P1040201_zps70d4911a.jpg
    P1040188_zpsfbe181dd.jpg

That SVideo cable does a decent job on a PVM/BVM if you don't have an RGB modded n64 by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Not worth the 6 euro I payed for it as it's fairly low res but here it is anyways.
    Bt78qPpCIAA6pxn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've been after this for the 'rare and expensive but crap game' part of my Megadrive collection for a while now. (don't ask, it's my secret shame)

Guy listed it cheap due to it being 'cart and inlay' only. Works for me! I'll just lash it in a spare clamshell when it arrives.

wolverine_zpsef7ea0e4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

airmax87 wrote: »
    Not worth the 6 euro I payed for it as it's fairly low res but here it is anyways.
    Bt78qPpCIAA6pxn.jpg

Which game is this?

*That awkward moment when you feel like an idiot for not knowing a game!*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone that doesn't recognise Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury needs to hand in their retrogames card.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

waveform wrote: »
    Which game is this?

*That awkward moment when you feel like an idiot for not knowing a game!*

Next you'll be admitting you don't own an AES :eek:

o1s1n wrote: »
    Next you'll be admitting you don't own an AES :eek:

I don't! :P

I'm coming close to locking this thread!
    Though AES ownership is setting the bar at Steve levels, MVS ownership is within everyone's reach though!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyone that doesn't recognise Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury needs to hand in their retrogames card.

Era, it's no SF2! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

waveform wrote: »
    Era, it's no SF2! :P

Aye, but the Real Bout games and Garous are far better than Street Fighter 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

That's interesting.
    Opened the Steel Battalion box, a generic old Solid Snake style box this time and there's the complete controller and both games awaiting me, so I put it all together and it works great.
    Nice to have it back!

But the seller included a copy of Pokemon Soulsilver, sans Pokewalker unfortunately, and a PSP charger.
    Someone was having a clear out I'd say!

Still, a really nice bonus to an already great deal!

I have a box and walker never used but mycopy of SS is missing. You fancy selling me the game, or instead I could reluctantly let the box+Walker go your way :(

Danonino. wrote: »
    I have a box and walker never used but mycopy of SS is missing. You fancy selling me the game, or instead I could reluctantly let the box+Walker go your way :(

I have the box and everything bar the Pokewalker itself.
    If there's some trade we can come to an arrangement.
    Sure, have a think and throw it on the Marketplace

My joke for ciderman's beers arrived all the way from Canada today and its hideous!

Its just as well I bought it as a joke, I'd have been extremely disappointed with it otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

I got an R4i Gold, a copy of Zelda Phantom Hourglass and a sealed copy of Pokemon White Version 2 today.

...and have used none of them (well, the R4i Gold works on my 3DS XL, DSi XL and DSL at least). Played Miami Law instead on the DS. :)

• Advertisement

Not retro, but dl'd Rogue Legacy for the Sony consoles in my life yesterday.
    On the PS4 initially but I'll pop it onto the Vita later on.
    My son has tested it and given it 5Gs!

Grabbed a few bits from Parcel Motel today.

Been wanting this version for a while.

cvlkQU.jpg

And also this thing :)

tNUlDY.jpgH1GcAm.jpg

1pqpqo.jpgYuF8pj.jpg

9v70sZ.jpg

Master of the Universe

These need for the Japanese to turn everything into a karaoke machine never ceases to amaze me!

Next on the list :)

320px-MegaCDKaraoke.jpg
    md8.jpg

Master of the Universe

On the lookout for one of them myself! Along with the Mega Modem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@Steve SI - Hmmm, so turning your AWSD into a karaoke machine that time was actually all your doing! Your secret fetish is out now. :pac:

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »

YuF8pj.jpg
    Steve SI wrote: »
    Next on the list :)

320px-MegaCDKaraoke.jpg

So first a Karaoke add on for the Dreamcast, and now a karaoke add on for the Mega CD?

This can only mean one thing....

STEVE SI IS GOING TO HOST HIS FIRST A&R BEERS????

What-Are-We-Going-To-Chase-Today-Human-Doge.gif

such anticipation
    much excitement
    steve si mega party amaze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

doge-sing.png

We may have to generate a new set of rules to the charter governing the use of Doge memes!

We may have to generate a new set of rules to the charter governing the use of Doge memes!

Yes, there is only one way to solve this...

doge-sing.png

316943.jpg

I think we're pushing it now.
    Don't make me take out the bold font now....

• Advertisement

This weeks gets. NES games from Alter Egoist. Metal Storm from ebay. Also got a SNES RGB cable.

317142.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Got a good deal on this recently. I already had it, but the sad collector in me sold it on because it was the 'players choice' version, nothing different about it at all barring the artwork. It' basically the same thing as Platinum PS games, or the 'Classics' editions of Xbox games. However, since o1s1n pointed this out to me when I got it (thanks o1s1n), it never sat right with me...& touches on what STG.Otaku was getting at before about silly little things relating to collecting. I'm going for a full Zelda collection of all physically released games so I really wanted the original artwork version. Anyway, with the sale of my old one, it made buying this original artwork version a bit more attractive. The upside is I've now two cos of the map & secrets book...so will sell one set on to recoup the remaining losses.

154ayrq.jpg

e0d8y.jpg

eju8w6.jpg

Also got two GC->GBA link cables from Atavan (thanks again dude), & picked up this GBA flash cart ages ago

xmojz4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

That Zelda looks to be in sweet condition, very pretty :)

nuxxx wrote: »
    That Zelda looks to be in sweet condition, very pretty :)

Yeah it's in very good shape. I really have to order a bunch of those clear box protectors soon.

Those zelda CDi games I hear are well worth buying.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Those zelda CDi games I hear are well worth buying.

No, just no :)

Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    However, since o1s1n pointed this out to me when I got it (thanks o1s1n), it never sat right with me...

Woopsy! Apologies... Worth it now though :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Woopsy! Apologies... Worth it now though :D

Haha it was like a 'cannot be unseen' moment :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    PS4 broke this weekend:(

So in turn I went back to play the ps2.

Id gotten the network adaptor a year or 2 ago but never the HDD itself.

So picked up an old 80GB drive for nothing off a mate and installed FreeMcBoot and HD Loader.. to play all my ...err.. back ups:p

Cant belive what id been missing out on.

Hardly worth a picture tho.

Need to pick up an RGB or component cable now, been using the crappy AV. Any suggestions which go for? Which would be better suited?

I presume you mean on a flat screen TV right?

I'm no expert but I'd imagine component would be better to use on a flat screen TV, as some modern TVs don't even support rgb scart properly or feck up the conversion.

This is the rgb cable I used for my Trinitron CRT, it has a guncon input and audio breakout in the form of 2 rca connectors, if you wanted to connect it to an amp....

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291206625031?nav=SEARCH

The colour is amazing with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Shameless x/post from Ninty gets thread, this is what I traded my SP for. Very happy, Oisin is an absolute Gent.

14829296524_c1418aa219_z.jpg

14645115537_a051aca47a_z.jpg

Master of the Universe

Enjoy! :)

That XL really looks the business. The white is lovely against the blue LED.

Just bought those book thingy's on Arcade Otaku. Not sure exactly if there are many pages in them, but really wanted to have a gawk inside the Candy 25 one.

cab_doujin.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 the bass monster

Well now I feel slightly less conflicted about having sold that copy of Link to the past. At least it's gone to a suitably obsessive new home.

At least it's gone to a suitably obsessive new home.

Man, we need a help group :o

I like to pretend I don't buy much and it's certainly in my control... but my circle pad pro XL just arrived! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Man, we need a help group :o

Arcades Anonymous.

"Hello everyone, my name is Myrddin and I'm a collector..."

"Hi Myrddin!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Yeah it's in very good shape. I really have to order a bunch of those clear box protectors soon.

If there is a Retro Beers and Ciderman is going, remind/PM me and I can give him a few SNES sized protectors for you as I have a few left over

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    If there is a Retro Beers and Ciderman is going, remind/PM me and I can give him a few SNES sized protectors for you as I have a few left over

Fair dues Kerb, much appreciated :)

• Advertisement

What would this thread be without pictures, XL Circle Pad is very chunky and a little uncomfortable but I'll get used to it. ( shame it doesn't come in white either )

14834726514_0387476c9a.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement