Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-04-2019, 11:32   #31
m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutmonkey57b View Post
The simple answer is go into a physical shop and do whatever needs doing. Then if you need anything phone the shop and ask for whoever. It's not like you have to go miles out of your way to find one, there'll probably be one near your supermarket.
When you go to the shop they say you need to speak to them online, it's like a roundabout and I would advise you stay off it.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-04-2019, 11:43   #32
fixxxer

Again, if people want the 12 months deal you cant go to the shop and get it, its in the T&C linked earlier.
Thanks from:
12-04-2019, 13:37   #33
bromley52

I rang 1800 303 719 to enquire about this and I must say their customer service is awful.
A guys answered the phone from Eir sales and I might as well have been talking to Mike over the road. No effort what's so ever to try and get me to sign up and everything was "yes/no". Heavens forbid if I had a problem.

I was seriously interested until that call.
(2) thanks from:
12-04-2019, 13:39   #34
Sir Dosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutter View Post
worst company in Ireland by a stretch at this stage, avoid like the plague
Their network is generally good but if you ever have to contact them you may as well just blow your brains out.
12-04-2019, 20:03   #35
Davy
Category Moderator

If people dont port to other networks, everyone will pay higher prices in the long run so its good to swtich. My advice is to try it if paying more than this currently.

Then if you do have trouble with Eir, you can port away at anytime when on the 30 day sim only plan. Mobile wont have many problems compared to broadband/landline. Support will improve but it will take time as they move from external back to internal support.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-04-2019, 20:58   #36
ProjectMoose

The company is going down the toilet. 13k jobs down to 3k and now they want to cut another 1k , it's no wonder why their services are falling over and customer service has gone to the dogs. Their corporate side is the same. Multiple account managers in the last year and they've all left the company. No one available to answer queries regarding services.
(2) thanks from:
12-04-2019, 22:37   #37
dunleas

Correct. I'm not a BB customer with them. Filled in the request call back on the One big Switch site. Got the call back signed up for 12 Months @ 14.99 per Month.
13-04-2019, 03:13   #38
Sir Dosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMoose View Post
Multiple account managers in the last year and they've all left the company. No one available to answer queries regarding services.
I thought that was just me! Corporate care is shockingly bad at the moment. Even the higher up members don't seem to give a damn. If they continue like this I'd hate to see what their customer numbers look like in 1-2 years.

Back on topic I think I may try this deal out but if I have any problems I'll be back to Vodafone in a shot.

Last edited by Sir Dosser; 13-04-2019 at 10:27.
(2) thanks from:
13-04-2019, 14:48   #39
gomara

Spent 45 minutes waiting for loyalty team but it was worth it. I'm a BB customer. Mentioned sky 35pm deal and was offered broadband, home phone with anytime calls and 2 mobiles 30gb data rolling contract for total eu64 per month a reduction of 30pm. I had 2 mobiles on the 10pm rate due to finish in may but now extended for a year. Had to agree new 12 month contract for BB and phone, still a good deal.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-04-2019, 17:47   #40
Sir Dosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomara View Post
Spent 45 minutes waiting for loyalty team but it was worth it. I'm a BB customer. Mentioned sky 35pm deal and was offered broadband, home phone with anytime calls and 2 mobiles 30gb data rolling contract for total eu64 per month a reduction of 30pm. I had 2 mobiles on the 10pm rate due to finish in may but now extended for a year. Had to agree new 12 month contract for BB and phone, still a good deal.
What number did you call? The number in the link says they are Monday to Friday 9-7
Thanks from:
13-04-2019, 18:35   #41
okidoki987

Anybody know the max number of sims allowed under this deal?
13-04-2019, 20:17   #42
gomara

As far as I know it's 5 Sims and I just rang 1901 they transferred me to loyalty
(2) thanks from:
14-04-2019, 06:55   #43
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Interesting comments. Never had a problem when I had my mobile with them. Only switched as there were cheaper options.
If you haven't been ****ed about by eir you haven't been a customer of theirs -simples- worst shower of God's earth, avoid,avoid,avoid.
(4) thanks from:
14-04-2019, 06:57   #44
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMoose View Post
The company is going down the toilet. 13k jobs down to 3k and now they want to cut another 1k , it's no wonder why their services are falling over and customer service has gone to the dogs. Their corporate side is the same. Multiple account managers in the last year and they've all left the company. No one available to answer queries regarding services.
Eir haven't got a customer care team- just rubbish
Thanks from:
14-04-2019, 06:58   #45
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromley52 View Post
I rang 1800 303 719 to enquire about this and I must say their customer service is awful.
A guys answered the phone from Eir sales and I might as well have been talking to Mike over the road. No effort what's so ever to try and get me to sign up and everything was "yes/no". Heavens forbid if I had a problem.

I was seriously interested until that call.
Yes dismal care they should be called not customer
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion