Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile SIM only €14.99 per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Just did it but only got the 6 months.
    Will call again in 6 months.
    got put around the houses about 4 times before getting to 'right' department.

bill cut in half so worth the exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

4real wrote: »
    did you get confirmation email and also a text about the sim delivery?
    i didnt get either yet and signed up yesterday

I just checked there. I ordered on a Tuesday, got email and text from Nightline on Thursday and it was delivered on Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm trying to decide if it's worth my while doing this..

Pros
    - cheaper monthly bill (9.99 as an existing broadband customer vs 60 with Vodafone currently)
    - double data
    - WiFi calling
    - 30 day rolling contract
    - signal is no better with Vodafone anyway in my experience

Cons
    - early cancellation charge with Vodafone is just under 300
    - It's eir. As long as nothing goes wrong it's grand, but..

Very tempted to do it all the same. Am I mad? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Pros
    - cheaper monthly bill (9.99 as an existing broadband customer vs 60 with Vodafone currently)
    - double data
    - WiFi calling

Cons

if you do the math yes it's worth your while
    10 x 12 = 120 per year
    60 x 12 = 720 per year

120 + 300 fee = 420 per year v 720 saving you 300 overall.

4real wrote: »
    if you do the math yes it's worth your while
    10 x 12 = 120 per year
    60 x 12 = 720 per year

120 + 300 fee = 420 per year v 720 saving you 300 overall.

Yea, that plus the higher data allowance, WiFi calling and not being tied to a long term contract.

Will switch over next week when the Vodafone month resets then I think

• Advertisement

Yea, that plus the higher data allowance, WiFi calling and not being tied to a long term contract.

Will switch over next week when the Vodafone month resets then I think

Ask eir would they cover any of the contract breakage cost?
    If switching broadband they give €200 towards contract breakage.
    There is a slim chance of then doing it but it's worth a shot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Pros
    - double data
    - WiFi calling

Cons

How long is left on your vodafone contact? You might be better off just waiting on your vodafone contact to end if it's less than 6 months.

How long is left on your vodafone contact? You might be better off just waiting on your vodafone contact to end if it's less than 6 months.

Yep but this offer will have expired by then and the regular price is what.. 30 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It runs until June, assuming they dont pull the plug on it sooner, so you'd be better off letting your Vodafone contract run down to save you a month or two on that Leaving Early fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

Pros
    - double data
    - WiFi calling

Cons

Something that might be worth considering is asking Vodafone if it's possible to keep the contract, but change the number on the contract (Some random number that they can assign you). Then your number can be moved to Vodafone PAYG, and then you can switch to Eir. Keep the Vodafone contract and let it run its course (not having to pay it all up front)

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    It runs until June, assuming they dont pull the plug on it sooner, so you'd be better off letting your Vodafone contract run down to save you a month or two on that Leaving Early fee.

Does it? I thought someone above quoted mid may for the end of this offer? (on phone so multi quoting is a pain)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Does it? I thought someone above quoted mid may for the end of this offer? (on phone so multi quoting is a pain)

Apoligies, that's the EIR sport expiration date.

The actual offer life time is this: This offer is only available from 08/04/19 until
    10/05/2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

10 May deadline for this offer. The deal accquired in actual shops reverts to €29 in June I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 landlord

Sorry if this has already been asked, but do you pay tax on top of the 14.99 per month ?

landlord wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but do you pay tax on top of the 14.99 per month ?
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

landlord wrote: »

enough taxes in this country as it is mate, but seeing you are a landlord you will need to pay the tax yes :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mike_cork

bromley52 wrote: »
    What I did.
    1. Rang 1800303719 and signed up on a Tuesday.
    2. SIM arrived Friday morning after getting Nightline delivery notification on Thursday.
    3. Called to local eir store on Saturday and they switched my Vodafone PAUG number.

The time from which the eir store started the switch to being on eir was about 10-15min.

Now rather than paying €20 every 28days (€21.40/30days),
    I'm paying €15 every 30days and not having to worry about topping up.
    As an extra I now have more data, WiFi calling world wide and eir sports mobile which will hopefully will last beyond July.

I switched myself this week (got my sim today). The girl on the phone said all existing eir sports channels will be honored for the duration of the contract, regardless if Eir lose the BT channels as reported in the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Good start for customer service.
    Gave my details for a callback 2 days ago and no call so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Good start for customer service, gave my details for a callback 2 days ago
    and no call so far?
    Get used to it

Good start for customer service, gave my details for a callback 2 days ago
    and no call so far?
    Get used to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Is it 4g?

kingstevii wrote: »
    Is it 4g?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Decided to give this a try. The broadband and mobile sim only. Given the saving compared to virgin I thought I'd risk their service. So i finished up the call. And then received a text saying my install was scheduled for the morning despite specifically requesting an afternoon install. Hope this is the only hiccup. Otherwise I'll be availing of the cooling off period.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Decided to give this a try. The broadband and mobile sim only. Given the saving compared to virgin I thought I'd risk their service. So i finished up the call. And then received a text saying my install was scheduled for the morning despite specifically requesting an afternoon install. Hope this is the only hiccup. Otherwise I'll be availing of the cooling off period.
    Be prepared for absolute frustration/ heartache if u have to deal with what they call " customer service" he he he,

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

I got a call-back after a couple of days. Person I was talking to was clueless. I'm under contract at the moment (for another month or so), so was asking could I terminate existing contract and take the onebigswitch.ie offer for 14.99 for the year. Think offer expires on 10th May - she first told me it doesn't expire til end of July, but then said it could end any day. Then told me my contract ended 4 months ago, when it didn't. In the end advised me to contact the loyalty team. Tried them this morning but had to give up after 10 mins hanging on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Another 7 days and still no contact.
    Not a great start to a relationship! :rolleyes:

Another 7 days and still no contact.
    Not a great start to a relationship! :rolleyes:

Call them.

So I missed a call from them today, then they text me to say I can avail of self install and the broadband can be sent today. If I agree to this does the broadband contract begin once I receive the modem? I originally scheduled in a "technician" visit for the end of the month as I'm still finishing up my notice with virgin media.

Chieftain wrote: »

I got a call-back after a couple of days. Person I was talking to was clueless. I'm under contract at the moment (for another month or so), so was asking could I terminate existing contract and take the onebigswitch.ie offer for 14.99 for the year. Think offer expires on 10th May - she first told me it doesn't expire til end of July, but then said it could end any day. Then told me my contract ended 4 months ago, when it didn't. In the end advised me to contact the loyalty team. Tried them this morning but had to give up after 10 mins hanging on the phone.
    They're worse than inept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭skilachi

Popped into nutgrove. Done and dusted in 10 mins. Great service

Advertisement