Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

He works in mysterious ways...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Effects wrote: »
    Not sure, but I heard something on RTE one where a parent has stopped a school from having kids illustrating their sins in school work art for reasons of breaching GDPR and breaking the seal of confession.

How do you illustrate sins in art?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Dr Strange wrote: »
    Burned palm leaves. From palms blessed the previous year's Palm Sunday.

Here's more on it: http://time.com/4685462/ash-wednesday-ashes-lent-easter/

Hasn't this happened before? How soon before the clergy have to be issued with pH meters and comply with an ISO manufacturing quality standard to produce these ashes or otherwise risk their church being sued for failing to take reasonable precautions against a foreseeable risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Samuel Vimes

Only a matter of time before school is sued by a parent over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Berserker wrote: »
    How do you illustrate sins in art?

Draw pictures of you hitting your brother, draw a picture of you and your mother with a speach bubble saying "fućk off", etc. etc.

Only a matter of time before school is sued by a parent over this.

Technically you'd have to sue God himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Technically you'd have to sue God himself.

"I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God".

I see a major conflict of interest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Hobosan wrote: »
    "I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God".

I see a major conflict of interest here.

You can always make a nonreligious affirmation instead of swearing an oath on a religious book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

You can always make a nonreligious affirmation instead of swearing an oath on a religious book.

I made a non religious affirmation when I had to be sworn in in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Also, you'd want to be careful not to swear on any Hindu holy book, lest you end up accidently suing yourself in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It's like Jews bashing on Jews.

Anyone who was Confirmed is a Catholic for life.

The census says otherwise.

I was confirmed at 9. Definitely not a catholic now.

Being a catholic is about what you believe. Say the creed; how many of its statements do you agree with?

Me, none.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Fukc ya'll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Ashes, water and incence (in other words fancy smoke). Has anyone else ever noticed that the church only uses props to put on its show that cost practically nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ashes, water and incence (in other words fancy smoke). Has anyone else ever noticed that the church only uses props to put on its show that cost practically nothing?

Only nowadays. For a long time there were dedicated trade routes for incense so valued was it for rituals, from Egyptian times right up to today. Part of the old great silk road.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Only nowadays. For a long time there were dedicated trade routes for incense so valued was it for rituals, from Egyptian times right up to today. Part of the old great silk road.

Love church incense.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You sound like one of those self loathing hipsters who thinks it's cool to hate on people who don't like religion.

Nah, there was a window where you could leave. They closed it about ten years ago.
    A symbolic gesture ,'count me out' or not me.ie.

Nobody leaves the Catholic Church.

A full made Confirmed member is a soldier of Christ for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Today's my confirmation anniversary! Tell JC I've deserted. I'm not his sandbag any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

A school in Newbridge, Kildare has written to parents to apologise after an incident where a number of students received burns on their foreheads when being given blessed ashes last week for Ash Wednesday.
    The priest who administered the ashes separately wrote to them explaining that it “remains somewhat of a mystery as to why or how this happened”, as he also apologised.

https://www.thejournal.ie/newbridge-ash-burns-4541116-Mar2019/

A punishment for their sins or the work of a diabhail?

Not the first time it happened.

Some children got burns in Drogheda about 10 years ago iirc.

A symbolic gesture ,'count me out' or not me.ie.

Nobody leaves the Catholic Church.

Nah. I left and have confirmation from Catholic Church that I’m no longer a member. It took a while though.
    They don’t let people leave anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Irish bindi

Not sure, but I heard something on RTE one where a parent has stopped a school from having kids illustrating their sins in school work art for reasons of breaching GDPR and breaking the seal of confession.

This article is long drawn out,the relevant bits are at the end.
    It's being investigated apparently and legal advice sought regarding church records and GDPR.
    There's a debate around historical records and the right to be forgotten.

https://goosed.ie/leaving-catholic-church-using-gdpr/

• Advertisement

Advertisement