Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Tesco Mobile data add-on: 5GB for €10

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Adrian4 wrote: »
    Is the 1gb €5 bundle now available?

Yeah both are available.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

NATLOR wrote: »
    Have to agree.The 48 €20 plan is more than sufficient for my needs and the €10 plan is ideal for my kids,but Tesco have certainly closed the gap,will be interesting to see if the 'big players' react as they must be losing customers rapidly.
    Credit to 48 months,they have really shaken up the market and saved us all a few quid.. member or not!

Yup, I really like 48 and want to see them continue to be successful.

And I don't think they have to do too much to remain competitive.

On the €20 plan they need to:
    - Include unlimited landline calls

On the €15 plan they need to:
    - Offer unlimited mobile and landline calls

Across all plans:
    - Introduce webtexts (I've always thought these was a weakness, just for convenience).
    - Cheaper rates for international calls and texts
    - Data roaming as an option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I think we are very lucky to have webtexts. Its the one advantage we over UK customers. Very handy for a lot of folks here. But then of course the UK networks are offering so many cheapo plans .........:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

how is the tesco mobile network and data speeds? im livin in waterford city id consider changing if its any good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

have anyone tried to use the sim in a router?I tried but not working?!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

tv3tg4 wrote: »

I think you maybe on the wrong page.

Try here.
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/add-ons.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

how is the tesco mobile network and data speeds? im livin in waterford city id consider changing if its any good

About 10% of the time you might get about 2 megs.
    But most of the time you will be lucky to get have a meg.
    Thats all over Dublin. I dont know about waterford

TM are now also updating their app to include the free webtext allowance i.e. you will be able to send 200 webtexts and 50 international texts free every month.

The apple app is up and running and the Android app will go live this evening.

There is a screen shot of the apple app on this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057059046

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

kn wrote: »
    TM are now also updating their app to include the free webtext allowance i.e. you will be able to send 200 webtexts and 50 international texts free every month.

The apple app is up and running and the Android app will go live this evening.

There is a screen shot of the apple app on this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057059046
    The Android app has been updated as of this morning ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

5506_Banner_Payasyougo_Page.jpg
    Free Data for 3 Months' offer applies to customers who join Tesco Mobile and Top Up between 18th November 2013 and 19th January 2014.
    Excludes people who leave network and re-join Tesco Mobile during the promotional period 18th November 2013 to 19th January 2014.
    AsSingle minimum top up of €5 or more required between the promotion dates 18th November 2013 to 19th January 2014.
    Each data bundle is 5 GB allowance for 30 days.

So get a new sim, top up by €5 and get 15gb data for three months :D

Top up by a tenner and get 20Gb by purchasing the bundle with the credit. Is it me or is this offer really open to wholesale abuse?

Shhhh!

snubbleste wrote: »
    Shhhh!

Another idea is to top up by €20 - get 25GB in data plus use that SIM number for free calls for a month!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Very tempted to buy & use in a Mobile BB stick :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Topped up and nothing happened........is there a tescomobile forum up here where can i contact them ? Customer care is pathetic they confirmed i will get SMS but nothing came after 2 days

tharmor wrote: »
    Topped up and nothing happened........is there a tescomobile forum up here where can i contact them ? Customer care is pathetic they confirmed i will get SMS but nothing came after 3 days

You have to send the opi-in text first before entering the top-up. Only after you receive the confirmation text that you are on the free calls then you enter the top-up. Go to the Tescomobile talk to forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Top up by a tenner and get 20Gb by purchasing the bundle with the credit. Is it me or is this offer really open to wholesale abuse?

I am going to changeover to them from Meteor I can't see that bundle on their website?

Hootanany wrote: »
    I am going to changeover to them from Meteor I can't see that bundle on their website?

There is three free 5GB bundles plus buy another 5GB bundle with the €10 top-up gives you 20GB.

But what I did was pick up a new SIM texted to sign up for the free calls for a month, got the confirmation text, and then topped up by €20. That gives me free calls for 30 days plus 3 x 5GB data bundles plus I will spend the €20 on 2 5GB bundles giving me free calls for a month plus 25GB data in total for my €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Thanks for that, Do I register first online and order a nano sim or go into a store and do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

There is three free 5GB bundles plus buy another 5GB bundle with the €10 top-up gives you 20GB.

But what I did was pick up a new SIM texted to sign up for the free calls for a month, got the confirmation text, and then topped up by €20. That gives me free calls for 30 days plus 3 x 5GB data bundles plus I will spend the €20 on 2 5GB bundles giving me free calls for a month plus 25GB data in total for my €20.

How does one get the free 5GB lads??

See post#62

snubbleste wrote: »
    5506_Banner_Payasyougo_Page.jpg
    Free Data for 3 Months' offer applies to customers who join Tesco Mobile and Top Up between 18th November 2013 and 19th January 2014.
    Excludes people who leave network and re-join Tesco Mobile during the promotional period 18th November 2013 to 19th January 2014.
    AsSingle minimum top up of €5 or more required between the promotion dates 18th November 2013 to 19th January 2014.
    Each data bundle is 5 GB allowance for 30 days.

So get a new sim, top up by €5 and get 15gb data for three months :D

Bummer :-( I left Vodafone fully and joined Tesco Mobile on like the 5th of November....no joy for me then I guess.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

madmoe wrote: »
    Bummer :-( I left Vodafone fully and joined Tesco Mobile on like the 5th of November....no joy for me then I guess.....

No one has got it working............hope you turn out lucky !

Called them they told to wait till tomorrow !

tharmor wrote: »
    No one has got it working............hope you turn out lucky !

Called them they told to wait till tomorrow !

But it looks like joined before the correct date....no??

Hootanany wrote: »
    Thanks for that, Do I register first online and order a nano sim or go into a store and do it?

You will have to order online or by phone for a nano SIM, an ordinary SIM can be picked up in any Tesco. When you put the SIM into your phone DO NOT TOP-UP until you have signed to the free calls (assuming you are looking for free calls for 30 days). After you have texted for free calls and received the confirmation text then and only then after a further circa 15 minutes enter your top-up. You will get a further text about the free data within 48 hours and reply FREE.

If you are only topping up by a fiver to get a free just bung in the top-up and wait for the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

Can an existing customer avail of this offer?

Adrian4 wrote: »
    Can an existing customer avail of this offer?

No.....but.....there is nothing stopping you getting a new sim and topping up by a fiver to avail of this offer.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Larcoon wrote: »
    So is it true that you cannot use Cabbage to send Tesco Mobile Webtexts

Still working fine for me but with the odd temporary outage, which seems to be at the 02 end, as tesco web texts dont send at same time. Doesn't last for long though and usually around 9/10pm for some reason.

Have been on Tesco since the start of November but every now and again the network completely drops off and I get a message on my Nexus 5 saying that you have lost data connectivity!? It comes back again after a small bit of time or if I turn air plane mode on and off again??

Anyone else get this? Also, if I get a new SIM tomorrow and use it in a second phone how much do I have to put into it to get the free data? What date is this until guys? And what amount of data will I get?

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement

Very tempted to buy & use in a Mobile BB stick :P

Did you try this out mate??

Anyone else get this? Also, if I get a new SIM tomorrow and use it in a second phone how much do I have to put into it to get the free data? What date is this until guys? And what amount of data will I get?

Cheers,
    M

Just a fiver top-up required. You get 3 x 5GB 30 day bundles. After you top-up you should get a text about the free data within 48 hours just reply FREE to that text and it will apply the free data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

If you are on the €15 all calls, texts and 1GB package, does this still work?

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    If you are on the €15 all calls, texts and 1GB package, does this still work?

Not for existing customers/numbers on the TM network. However as I stated earlier there is nothing stopping you getting a second SIM, topping it up by a fiver and getting the free data on that SIM.

Not for existing customers/numbers on the TM network. However as I stated earlier there is nothing stopping you getting a second SIM, topping it up by a fiver and getting the free data on that SIM.

That is exactly what I am gonna do! The 5GB will come in SO handy when down home in the sticks at Xmas with me mam getting a Galaxy Nexus (her first smartphone) and me dad getting his first tablet (the Aldi one)! I can turn the phone with the Tesco SIM into a hotspot and away we all go!!

That is exactly what I am gonna do! The 5GB will come in SO handy when down home in the sticks at Xmas with me mam getting a Galaxy Nexus (her first smartphone) and me dad getting his first tablet (the Aldi one)! I can turn the phone with the Tesco SIM into a hotspot and away we all go!!

Don't leave getting it too late if you intend using the data over Christmas as you do have to wait for that text for up to 48 hours. Some are complaining its taking longer, it took 26 hours in my case. Just btw its 3 x 5GB recurring 30 day bundles i.e. 5GB every 30 days for 3 months. If you use up the first 5GB you will have to wait until the first 30 days are up before the 2nd 5GB bundle is added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Actually got a text there stating that if I reply FREE I'll get 5gb high speed data. I'm only with Tesco for 2 weeks and am on the 15 euro clubcard deal.

Can I avail of it

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Actually got a text there stating that if I reply FREE I'll get 5gb high speed data. I'm only with Tesco for 2 weeks and am on the 15 euro clubcard deal.

Can I avail of it

Yeah. Just reply FREE.

Advertisement