Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I've been saying it for ages..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Big Nasty wrote: »
    How about: 'Today I Spotted A Classic Car For Sale' and leave it at that.

Just to show the futility of this...
    https://www.carlist.my/used-cars/1953-hillman-minx-phase-v/5486038

Looks really good, I suppose you could stop off when on a visit to a relative in Australia, kill 2 Minx's with the one expensive plane ticket.

Let's just leave it at what's on sale in Ireland, the country we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

unkel wrote: »
    I like them, but I would go for a C280 auto myself. Great sleeper. It will be a long time before they are worth considerably more than a few hundred quid. Even the early W201 190E aren't worth all that much and there are still plenty of them around. I don't think the W202 has anywhere near the same build quality as the W201 though. And they rust even more.

Agree with this. Took me a long time to move my '96 C200 last year. 96k miles, full service, Auto, MB tex interior! Very very clean in comparison to most for sale. There just isn't really a market for them at the minute. Lovely cars. Definately don't have the character or appeal of the w201 but they have a bit more space!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,704 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1988-mercedes-190/21051075

Looks tity, weird colour combination.That blue does it no favours.

NzFlOWM3NTBmMDA0ZmMwZTI5YTNlOWUzYzBlNDgxYWZAnqPAUMEzBi1s0bnl7KUEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg0MDgxNTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1985-mercedes-coupe-2-8-blue/20882206

They make good money when right. At least it's all there.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Clean Stag

Stunning! Absolute bargain if as clean as stated. Would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,864 ✭✭✭✭unkel

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1985-mercedes-coupe-2-8-blue/20882206

They make good money when right. At least it's all there.

I'd say that's probably rotten. Hasn't had an NCT in a decade...

And the W201 looks nice but has no paperwork and is on foreign plates. Could be stolen for all we know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

The 201 certainly looks nice but I wouldnt be gone on the interior. As DD ads go, I wouldnt be overly concerned about it in terms of it's "honesty" any more than any other UK import. I would check it out (and over) the same as I would any other potential purpose. It's MOT record certainly checks out back to 2005 (except for a slight mileage irregularity around 2013/15). I smiled at the "dog attack damage" to the doorcard in 2011.

unfit2006 wrote: »
    The 201 certainly looks nice but I wouldnt be gone on the interior.

A lot of the '87 and '88 cars have that interior. I like it :D

Very hard wearing

I checked the MOT history myself and it all looks good. Would you not be worried about the lack of paperwork on that car though? Could be stolen or who knows. There will be issues getting the car on Irish plates if you don't have the V5...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

A lot of the '87 and '88 cars have that interior. I like it :D

Very hard wearing
    The blue interior looks good... until you get out and your car is brown!

Ah right. Didnt know that the V5 was missing. Walk away if there's no V5.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Ah right. Didnt know that the V5 was missing. Walk away if there's no V5.

How do we know there is no V5 present?

elperello wrote: »
    How do we know there is no V5 present?

The ad is changed now. It used to say that they had no paperwork or didn't know the owner or something to that effect.

I'm looking at a V5C right now, and it clearly has the owners name and address on the first page, under 1. Registered keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The ad is changed now. It used to say that they had no paperwork or didn't know the owner or something to that effect.

I'm looking at a V5C right now, and it clearly has the owners name and address on the first page, under 1. Registered keeper

Thanks.
    I was puzzled there because I didn't see the original of the ad.
    Sounds a bit off but the car is nice looking.

I dont but it would be one of the first questions I would ask if ringing about the car.

It is a very nice 190 and the money is right enough for a car that has already been sourced and brought in for prospective buyer.
    I still feel that the blue interior just doesnt look right in that colour car.
    Other than that, I would gladly drive up to take a look at it if I was in the market for one.
    The MOTs dont seem to have thrown up any rust issues over the years. You would imagine that there would have been some reference or advisory at some stage since 2005 if rust was becoming an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

The MOTs dont seem to have thrown up any rust issues over the years. You would imagine that there would have been some reference or advisory at some stage since 2005 if rust was becoming an issue.

Do not put any stead on an MOT whatsoever. Ive seen first hand how a Garage owners Corsa was parked beside the testing station and used for emissions testing for every car that had a £20 note on the passenger seat.

Heck even my own old track car, used to get driven into the MOT bay, left running while I had a cup of tea with mechanic. Came back with a green sheet of paper and car untouched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

miller_63 wrote: »
    Do not put any stead on an MOT whatsoever. Ive seen first hand how a Garage owners Corsa was parked beside the testing station and used for emissions testing for every car that had a £20 note on the passenger seat.

Heck even my own old track car, used to get driven into the MOT bay, left running while I had a cup of tea with mechanic. Came back with a green sheet of paper and car untouched.

I was in a pub in London after a match a few years ago, and there was a garage owner there selling MOT's!

Gravelly wrote: »
    I was in a pub in London after a match a few years ago, and there was a garage owner there selling MOT's!

The first MOT on my Dads 2010 Audi A5 was about ten minutes long start to finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Went for £12,000. Good price for that by the looks of it. Always liked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

It's looking pretty good in fairness and E30s have shot up in price the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

It's looking pretty good in fairness and E30s have shot up in price the last few years.

It does look good, I’d personally fit the front fog lamps to fill the holes in lower valance.

Yes the prices of e30’s have gone mad 😢😢😢😢

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-350-sl/21072582

Mercedes 350 sl 1975
    3.75k could buy it. Put 5 into it, boom!

Potential if nothing else.
    It's a 15k car when correct

YjZmNDRlNDdiMzg2YWJmNTgxMGJiMWI3NzNhYmE0ZDRw9KBnoCltzKOvxztGPef0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg1OTU4NDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1081443

Two Fiat 131's
    They look really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Mercedes 350 sl 1975

YjZmNDRlNDdiMzg2YWJmNTgxMGJiMWI3NzNhYmE0ZDRw9KBnoCltzKOvxztGPef0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg1OTU4NDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

You won't turn that into 15 for 5k. More like 15k possibly more to do it right.

Nice car nearly bought one 2yrs ago for 5k with a good engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭oceanman

Mercedes 350 sl 1975

need a lot more than 5k....they are usually a money pit.

Advertisement