Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

Photos very annoying. No interior pics. The word “project” and “sweet to drive” makes me run a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 47 not2be

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I got caught with that TBH and sold it on and the next guy was able to register it. No idea how.

So easy apply for a new v5 tho once you have a uk address...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,132 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Photos very annoying. No interior pics. The word “project” and “sweet to drive” makes me run a mile

2 photos! What the point of that when you can stick a dozen or more up on Donedeal?

Surely if you are looking to sell something, you try to show as much as you can?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

I got caught with that TBH and sold it on and the next guy was able to register it. No idea how.

use a uk address ,, .. Do not ask for export cert .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

11wingnut wrote: »
    use a uk address ,, .. Do not ask for export cert .

It was already marked as exported. I'm assuming he had a tan number. Also I should add it was sold and advertised with the paper work issue in case anyone thinks I took advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

It was already marked as exported. I'm assuming he had a tan number. Also I should add it was sold and advertised with the paper work issue in case anyone thinks I took advantage.

I have a paperweight here also marked as exported .. they are gone very un european in Swansey.. 14000 miles. perfect and might be scraped yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 64,925 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I don't think that'll be on the road again, but cheap for parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

looks like its been there longer than the house !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

79 Land Rover Pick up €3500 A bit of work needed https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/79-land-rover-pick-up-/25454037
    77 Triumph dolomite €1950 https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/triumph-dolomite/25449160
    Not sure if this was up before, Mercedes benz 280se W116 79' €4500 https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-280se-w116-79/25448788

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,398 ✭✭✭✭elperello

con747 wrote: »

Something funny about that "Dolomite".
    Looks more like an earlier FWD 1500 to me.
    Having said that it seems to be in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

The landy could be good value if the chassis and bulkhead isnt swiss cheese. Outtiggers are common to replace, but there is usually more needed.

Not surprised the Landrover sold so quick, looked very nice for the money

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/beautifully-restored-mgb-v8-roadster/25435327?campaign=3

MzEyZTM5YWI5YzMyNGIwOGVkNjkxM2I3ODEwMjdlNTCjdJPCO4Iy-GFUCn2ftVG_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTE5NDE2MTF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

YTk5YTUwZjI3NjZlMWExMDk1MDU3MDJjYzUwMjMzZTi-otyUtm1O3N-i_h1FVRcfaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTE5NDE2MTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

OWZlOWI0MDUxMTQ1MTg4ZDU1YTU5OTVmNjk3YjlmZmXdZkAl7wWzvQv8wwdKI4VPaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTE5NDE2MDl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

30 grand on an MGB just seems ludicrous to me, but this looks lovely. Really really nice

It's a lovely looking car but of doubtful progeny.

If it was a real works V8 it would be worth the money but they didn't start production as early as 1969.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭w124man

That's an MGC with a V8 in it!

Or a B with a C bonnet with a V8 !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

elperello wrote: »
    It's a lovely looking car but of doubtful progeny.

If it was a real works V8 it would be worth the money but they didn't start production as early as 1969.

Agreed. Though I think Costelloe was putting the v8 into the mgb before BL did. Dont think there were any Convertible factory V8s.

Nice car though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

David isnt known for bargain prices - and I dont think this is a particularly clean example but the price does look reasonable for such exotica 8.32

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

RobAMerc wrote: »
    David isnt known for bargain prices - and I dont think this is a particularly clean example but the price does look reasonable for such exotica 8.32

I'm almost certain she's been up here before. Possibly over in the "forrden" thread.

• Advertisement

I don’t know how he gets away with presenting stuff for sale like that. Would it have been that hard to give the dash a wipe of a wet cloth?

I think he may need to look at the new kids on the block (Deane!) for a bit of inspo..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

A wipe of a wet cloth isn't worth an extra 10 grand.

Ah but come on, for a supposed prestige/upmarket/well established dealer the presentation of some of his cars is pretty poor.

Deane, while expensive, wipes the floor with most other dealers when it comes to presentation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

I don’t know how he gets away with presenting stuff for sale like that. Would it have been that hard to give the dash a wipe of a wet cloth?

I think he may need to look at the new kids on the block (Deane!) for a bit of inspo..

Picture 14, is that a fuse box on the drivers footwell?

Deane motors really have showed the classic car sales sector how a car should be presented 99% of the time, now if they could get Ross O’ Carrol Kelly away from their social media account they’d be on a winner.

Ah but come on, for a supposed prestige/upmarket/well established dealer the presentation of some of his cars is pretty poor.

Deane, while expensive, wipes the floor with most other dealers when it comes to presentation

Agreed, but I REALLY feckin hate what they've done to the market here.

Agreed, but I REALLY feckin hate what they've done to the market here.

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Is Deane the lad who describes EVERY car as 'stunning' in his DoneDeal adverts?
    We should chip in and buy him a thesaurus.

I Was VB wrote: »
    How so?

There's 2 or 3 dealers have come on to market in recent years, but especially Deane, who have artificially bumped up prices and expectations to an unrealistic level. IMHO they've contributed greatly to the "Dreamers" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,925 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I guess different target markets. Didn't Deane recently also have a 8.32 for sale? It looked top nick, but he was looking for about twice the money?

If you want a well sorted, well presented car and you have a generous budget and having a few grand more or less in your pocket means very little to you, then by all means go to Deane. If you don't have that sort of budget for the car you want, you will have to look elsewhere

• Advertisement

There's 2 or 3 dealers have come on to market in recent years, but especially Deane, who have artificially bumped up prices and expectations to an unrealistic level. IMHO they've contributed greatly to the "Dreamers" thread.

Think we can all agree on that, he was selling bog standard (mint in fairness) Volvo 740s for €8k, fair play if he can get that for them, my own 740 is only with €3k on a good day and it wouldn’t be far off condition of his ones.

Advertisement