Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is your favorite place?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

My favourite place is a bench at the bottom of my parents garden in Wicklow, where you can look down through the trees to the beach....

Its heaven on a sunny day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

The Dooey beach in Donegal... i treasure that memory.

My most favourite spot however, lake just outside of Stockholm city centre. Hot summers day. Me about to dive in......
    Trees and rocks everywhere mmmm

2nd best: anywhere I can sit down and watch/interact with my nephew. The little brat :)

3rd best. Bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Moonbaby wrote: »
    When it is warm, or at least dry.
    I go lie on a huge limestone rock in the middle of the bog.
    It is worn smooth and is so comfortable.
    I hole up there with a book, and pretend time doesn't exist.
    Plug-me-in wrote: »

The rest of the day was filled with jokes about Mount Leinster and its apparent hidey-holes....

There is such a rock over the top of Mount Leinster, on the wild side. ( not sure if it's limestone ). I havn't been there in about ten years, but I've had sex with 3 different girls on that rock, different times, I miss that rock.

EEWWw thank god I own my rock.....although... ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Favourite place? The boat we live on in Newport Harbour. Gives me a sense of freedom, in that we can weigh anchor and leave, and it rocks me to sleep at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

There is a small spot on the east cork cost between ballycotton and youghal called Knockadoon. When ever i have a personal crisis or just need time to repair my self i head down there. The minute i hit youghal i feel better no tv's no radio just me some books and plenty of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Jules wrote: »
    There is a small spot on the east cork cost between ballycotton and youghal called Knockadoon. When ever i have a personal crisis or just need time to repair my self i head down there. The minute i hit youghal i feel better no tv's no radio just me some books and plenty of time.

Ah I went to Irish college there, it really is lovely alright:)

When did you go , i have been there every summer since i was 8 years old. Actually worked there too? I remember the irish weeks, they were hell and the guy that ranthem was, god sean but everyone called him foxy. Think he passed away now. But i loved the teachers they were hilarious. Remember one of them knocking on my wondow at like 1am they had gotten crab and lobster from the fishermen and wanted to cook it and i had the keys to the kitchen. Sean Og was one of them, bit tall dude with long black hair. They were funny.

When did you go , i have been there every summer since i was 8 years old. Actually worked there too? I remember the irish weeks, they were hell and the guy that ranthem was, god sean but everyone called him foxy. Think he passed away now. But i loved the teachers they were hilarious. Remember one of them knocking on my wondow at like 1am they had gotten crab and lobster from the fishermen and wanted to cook it and i had the keys to the kitchen. Sean Og was one of them, bit tall dude with long black hair. They were funny.

97, 98. Aww Foxy. Yeah he died a few years ago. Biggest funeral I'ver ever been to. That man was loved so much. I probably met you down there so Jules and didn't even know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

bills wrote: »
    italy-just loved it amazing.

In ireland, just heading out for a drive on a nice day to connemara etc.

Yeah baby! Rome, Genoa, Florence. Amazing

• Advertisement

you probably did i worked there summer 95, 96, 97. in the kitchen!!! twas awesome time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Always happy to come home to my house and my bed.

If I want company it's a friends batchelor pad in Winter. He has an open fire, a dog, a plasma screen, a piano and he cooks for me. Just sitting there chatting to him makes me happy.

I love my local park and cafe's. Loving the picture of the park posted by looptheloop We definitely aren't neighbours-don't recognise the place.

For a holiday Marrakech (in Morocco)

All these happy places make me :).

you probably did i worked there summer 95, 96, 97. in the kitchen!!! twas awesome time!

Aww :) Yeah Knockadoon will always hold a special place in my heart.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    All these happy places make me :).

Yeah me too, what a nice thread. Aww :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 skehard

Clare Bear wrote: »
    97, 98. Aww Foxy. Yeah he died a few years ago. Biggest funeral I'ver ever been to. That man was loved so much. I probably met you down there so Jules and didn't even know :)

What a blast from the past hearing Foxy's name!! He was a legend. He chauffered me to my debs!! I was sorry to have missed his funeral. Knockadoon has to be one of my favourite memories and I'd love to go back there again for a visit. Rogha na buachaillì, jumping off the pier, bunk beds, table tennis and draughts....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

In the arms of my special someone :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I work near the Garden of Remembrance in Dublin and I love sitting there at lunchtime, it's really peaceful :)

Gougane Barra in West Cork is the most beautiful place I've ever seen, if we had decided on having a tiny wedding we'd have got married there... just heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Splinter wrote: »
    favourite place is just outside cumbria in a place called Tarn, its a house we rent out each year and go for a weekend and in the mornings i woke up and went for a juggle with this view...

linky

big photo...
    i live 40min drive from tarn malham and settle, i believe that we have a boards ie member who lives there,the area now comes under the yorkshire dales [moved the boundaries] my favourite place in ireland is the meeting of the waters,just love to sit there and chill out then have a meal at the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

The Wineport Hotel in Co. Westmeath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

A forest or a lake. I'm a big lover of canoeing so if I can lay it on a bank somewhere, head into a forest and then come back to finish the rest of the trip I am totally content.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Paris. I love Paris so much. :)

In Ireland, generally anywhere windswept with beach/cliffs/sea makes me happy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Île-de-Bréhat . It's a small Island off the coast of Brittany in France. We used to go there every summer when we were kids with my Dad. We lived a few hours away from it. Always very hot and great cycling routes! And lovely beaches. And food. Just a lovely place! And never too busy. Haven't been there in about 6 years actually...must go sometime soon!

Also Killarney. Lived here most my life and there is just so much to do...and it's so pretty here! Still love exploring the place climbing mountains and such. Still haven't seen it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

On a horse's back, doesn't matter whether I'm just strolling down a back road, or galloping through a field. It's peaceful, and for that hour or so, I can forget everything. Don't get to do it as much as I'd like now, being in the city :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

My favourite place is with my husband and two children.

• I love Paris, especially the Science Park there and walking arm in arm down the banks of the river Seine.
    • In Italy I love the Varone waterfall and Florence.
    • In Portugal I love Obidos, The monastery in Alcobaca as it does not look as wonderful on the outside but on the inside it has a wonderful garden and it also has some gorey graves of a tragic king and his mistress, I love the Aquarium in Lisbon and the beautiful university city of Coimbra.
    • I also love the seal sanctuary in Portaferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

My favorite place is my grandparent's cabin in the woods. It is on a small lake and it is the most peaceful, relaxing place I can imagine. They have no tv, no telephone and no internet so you just read, swim, hike and hang out with family.

Advertisement