Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is your favorite place?

Options
  • 27-08-2008 11:57am

When it is warm, or at least dry.
    I go lie on a huge limestone rock in the middle of the bog.
    It is worn smooth and is so comfortable.
    I hole up there with a book, and pretend time doesn't exist.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭fits

That sounds lovely. I bet you werent out there much this summer.

Mine is a particular beach/cove in Kerry where I spent a lot of time when I was a child. I love the water and the boats bobbing up and down and the rocks and the smell and sound of the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭john_aero

have 2 places,

one is in my partners arms alone and watching water flow by on the river.

but one of my favourite places is where i can be free alone and in a completely different word, i love when i am up flying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

On my Dad's farm at home ever since I was a little person I've gone to a little hill overlooking a river and a pond next to a forestry. Always used to bring my doggies up there and look at the tadpoles when I was small :) Still love it now. Could lie there all day listening to all the different sounds.

I wish I was there now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

The pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Somewhere beside the sea, I grew up beside the sea and am always drawn back to it

That or cosyed up with someone in bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

i have two is well. one is dun laoighre pier and the other is at home down on the local beach. what can i say i love looking out at the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭john_aero

if i had cash i would go back to san diego, spent hours just lazing around in the sky watching the sights and the sun go down, was unreal never seen anything so peaceful or relaxing and ech time i went up it just got better and you saw more detail

mollybird wrote: »
    i have two is well. one is dun laoighre pier and the other is at home down on the local beach. what can i say i love looking out at the sea.

Yeah I'm a big sea lover too. I've always wanted to live by the sea and my apartment overlooks it now so happy days. Could spend all day looking out at it. So relaxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

My bed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

In Ireland, The Estuary in Malahide, Malahide beach, the seafront up near St Annes.
    Otherwise Ithaca, epescially coming around the cliff to the mouth of the harbour, amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

My other 3/4 and I found this lovely place in Wicklow. We found it by accident so not sure how to get back there.

330237-DSC00079sm.jpeg

330238-DSC00081sm.jpeg

330239-DSC00082sm.jpeg

330240-DSC00083sm.jpeg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

favourite place is just outside cumbria in a place called Tarn, its a house we rent out each year and go for a weekend and in the mornings i woke up and went for a juggle with this view...

linky

big photo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

I used to love the old park that's in the town near me but then half the teenagers in the town decided to make it their underage drinking lair and ruined the place :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The beach by Lissadell House in Sligo or Barley Lake in Cork.

Generally anywhere that I'm assured peace and quiet and some nice scenery works for me!

I used to love the old park that's in the town near me but then half the teenagers in the town decided to make it their underage drinking lair and ruined the place :(

That's happened to a lot of lovely parks unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

The beach beside my house at home is amazing.

Very fond of being in my bed. Alone is grand too, anything else is a bonus :pac:

Also for places, I love Edinburgh and Dubrovnik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

I love bed.

I love being on top of Killiney Hill looking out across the bay and then across the city.

The Burren.

Cong Abbey.

Florence.

Far too many places I love being!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My bed. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I have 3:

1) My bed (futons are great)
    2) Loloata, an island off PNG (www.loloata.com). We used to go there when I was a kid, running around, getting sunburnt, playing in the sea and making friends. A child's paradise. Last time I was there was 16 years ago :(
    3) Paris - just love it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh and I forgot New York, I adore New York.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭zoey

On the beach close to my home with the dog, no matter what the weather- pure bliss!

And of course bed- big bonus if the boyfriend is there too!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Storms River in Tsitsikamma National Park

The beach at Plettenberg Bay as the Indian Ocean rambles in

Atop Table Mountain

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Neesa wrote: »
    My other 3/4 and I found this lovely place in Wicklow. We found it by accident so not sure how to get back there.

330237-DSC00079sm.jpeg

330238-DSC00081sm.jpeg

330239-DSC00082sm.jpeg

330240-DSC00083sm.jpeg

I have spent so many summers there Its called ''The Glen Turn'' you use to be able to walk out to the lighthouses that way but with coastal erosion i think you can't get past it but yeh its some place alright reason why i love Wicklow over Dublin !! and its 5 mins from where i grew up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I love London in the winter. All the parks and the vibe, the beautiful architecture; House of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, Picadilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

italy-just loved it amazing.

In ireland, just heading out for a drive on a nice day to connemara etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Plug-me-in

Oh golly, this thread reminds me of a really embarressing french class last year, we were talking about places we've been, and then my teacher (scary scary little woman) pounced on me and SCREAMED " Where's your favourite place??" (in french)......

I sat stammering for what felt like hours, and then mumbled "une montagne", to shrieks of laughter from my classmates....:o

The rest of the day was filled with jokes about Mount Leinster and its apparent hidey-holes....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

So many times in Australia I would stop and stand still and (sadly) say to myself, remember how happy you are now. I miss it everyday and I'm back three years!

On my summer hols in Turkey this year on a boat, I wanted to never leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

claytor-lake-swing.jpg

My local park, its 5 mins away from me and it is my haven...

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

hhmm. When looking for ''me'' time I like to pop along to have a chat with my Dad.

other than that, my home i the best place. I adore being home wether its with family, friends or just on my own!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

I have a couple, in Dublin it's Howth Head, right up the top out on the edge, followed closely followed by the Iveagh Gardens and the gardens in Dublin Castle

In Ireland, it's the beach at Dooey, Donegal, no matter what the weather is like.

Outside Ireland, it's a toss up between Hoi An in Vietnam and Ko Phi Phi in Thailand

Advertisement