Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens next if it WAS created in a lab in Wuhan?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

A French virologist that helped discover HIV has said coronavirus originated in a lab. It has parts of HIV and malaria genome that is not possible in the natural environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭McGiver

Take a look at what you said there.
    You don’t dismiss the virus came from a lab, but there can’t be anyway a known Bat pathogen was tinkered with?
    The design clearly points at natural selection and evolution. Virologists say that. Covid-19 uses such unique mechanisms that it's impossible even for smartest virologists to design that, the likelihood of that happening is zero. Any synthetic virus would almost certainly be an analogue of existing virus or viruses. But Covid-19 is not, it's novel.

And it's not mortal or even contagious enough to be useful as a weapon. And of course its specificity is not optimal at all. It's not specific to certain ethnicity for example or any specific group of people, it just favours males and older people are more susceptible, both of which are useless as a weapon. If you wanted to cripple a population, you would make it specific to certain ethnicity or group and especially to young people or children. If you wipe out young people or children in a population that has a potential to destroy that population. Instead if you wipe out some % of old people how does that affect the population? Money saved on pensions, health care and social care - that's hardly negative, it's actually good for that society, at least in economic sense!

Now saying that - covid-19 provides a blueprint to create synthetic analogues of it if someone wishes to create for biological warfare purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The human race is the virus.
    Covid is mother earth's way of saying "ah now lads, ye are ruining the gaff. Time to take ye humans down a few pegs."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

McGiver wrote: »
    The design clearly points at natural selection and evolution. Virologists say that. Covid-19 uses such unique mechanisms that it's impossible even for smartest virologists to design that, the likelihood of that happening is zero. Any synthetic virus would almost certainly be an analogue of existing virus or viruses. But Covid-19 is not, it's novel.

And it's not mortal or even contagious enough to be useful as a weapon. And of course its specificity is not optimal at all. It's not specific to certain ethnicity for example or any specific group of people, it just favours males and older people are more susceptible, both of which are useless as a weapon. If you wanted to cripple a population, you would make it specific to certain ethnicity or group and especially to young people or children. If you wipe out young people or children in a population that has a potential to destroy that population. Instead if you wipe out some % of old people how does that affect the population? Money saved on pensions, health care and social care - that's hardly negative, it's actually good for that society, at least in economic sense!

Now saying that - covid-19 provides a blueprint to create synthetic analogues of it if someone wishes to create for biological warfare purposes.

Read this and then think about what the French virologist said! (stated was SAR2-Hiv virus.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3079443/coronavirus-could-target-immune-system-targeting-protective

One statement i found interesting.
    “More and more people compare it to HIV,” said the doctor who requested not to be named due to the sensitivity of the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

There's probably an advanced and superbly improved Marburg type pathogen locked away in a lab somewhere.
    If originating from a lab SARS2 could have been a breach. American inspectors were concerned about lax procedures in the Wuhan lab in 2019/2018.
    Nothing will happen only increased security.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

Then why post the video? He uses the video to back up the argument, don't be silly.

Are you sure it's me you're disageeing with here?

A French virologist that helped discover HIV has said coronavirus originated in a lab. It has parts of HIV and malaria genome that is not possible in the natural environment.

So that's one unidentified virologist. Case closed. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Panthro wrote: »
    The human race is the virus.
    Covid is mother earth's way of saying "ah now lads, ye are ruining the gaff. Time to take ye humans down a few pegs."

Mother nature is a bunch of lads in a Chinese lab not some super hero as you portrait it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Podge201 wrote: »
    Mother nature is a bunch of lads in a Chinese lab not some super hero as you portrait it to be.

Nature is the super hero.

storker wrote: »
    So that's one unidentified virologist. Case closed. :rolleyes:

Not a closed case, but you may have missed this.

Coronavirus could attack immune system like HIV by targeting protective cells, warn scientists
    Researchers in China and the US find that the virus that causes Covid-19 can destroy the T cells that are supposed to protect the body from harmful invaders

It not prove there is HIV in the genome, and i'll wait for more evidence.

This statement below you find in the article, interesting, you would not think Covid-19 be similar to Hiv, layman though.

More and more people compare it to HIV,” said the doctor who requested not to be named due to the sensitivity of the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

" said the doctor who requested not to be named due to the sensitivity of the issue."

For fcuk sake, you come across as the most gullible person have you any ability to think critically?

Actually..how that you mention it... the best scientist in the world just told me that the virus was made by the bad guy in Harry potter and this guy is the best scientist ever and since I said it it's 100% TRUE

JJayoo wrote: »
    " said the doctor who requested not to be named due to the sensitivity of the issue."

For fcuk sake, you come across as the most gullible person have you any ability to think critically?

Actually..how that you mention it... the best scientist in the world just told me that the virus was made by the bad guy in Harry potter and this guy is the best scientist ever and since I said it it's 100% TRUE

Read the article, you would not have made this mistake.The name American and Chinese doctors who said the same thing about acting like HIV. Just one doctor providing information wanted to remain anonymous .. Not unusual that some doctors don’t want their name printed.

If you had read my post.

I said this. 
    it not prove there is HIV in the genome, and i’ll wait for more evidence.

I leave this here, for you. Enjoy. 

Gonna go out on a limb here, big stretch do you believe every conspiracy theory?

Actually maybe you can clear something up for me
    Is the moon
    A) hologram
    B) full of alien bases and that's why man never went back
    C) moon landing a hoax
    D) all of the above

Gonna go out on a limb here, big stretch do you believe every conspiracy theory?

Actually maybe you can clear something up for me
    Is the moon
    A) hologram
    B) full of alien bases and that's why man never went back
    C) moon landing a hoax
    D) all of the above

This forum is for conspiracy theories. If you dislike them there different threads on boards.ie where this content not available. Head there>

So no critical thinking allowed? Cool no prob.

You just asked me about the moon :confused:
    This thread about the Wuhan lab :)
    If you want to debate the moon make a new thread and ask your questions there. There is moon threads, already, you can find them and read them.

It not prove there is HIV in the genome, and i'll wait for more evidence.

Excellent idea.