Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens next if it WAS created in a lab in Wuhan?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

rtron wrote: »
    The Americans would need to create a virus that only targets Chinese people so that this does not happen again. If they made a virus that targets everyone like the Wuhan virus, they would end up targeting their own people.

Yea so wouldnt it be easier to just use their nuclear weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

AIDs was also alleged to have been started in a laboratory in the US. Never proven of course but never let that spoil a good conspiracy theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discredited_HIV/AIDS_origins_theories

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

paddythere wrote: »
    Yea so wouldnt it be easier to just use their nuclear weapons?

Nuclear weapons aren't as socialably acceptable as virus bio weapons these days. I'd say it would be handier to create a virus after the US finish their investigations and learn how to do it from their reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Why? You do know a lot of countries have biological weapons programs? Why would somebody stating the obvious about them have to be false?

I'm not doubting that anyone has biological weapons. I'm calling that video nonsense. Do you speak Chinese? Have you a Chinese friend that has translated it for you? But because there are English subtitles you believe what they are saying? I am an evidence type of person and that just nonsense sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

The virus is not synthetic. Covid-19 mechanism is rather novel and no person could have created it - no one could make this up. Synthetic virus would almost definitely be an analogue of other viruses. This virus is brilliant in design and novelty. This is a strong evidence of natural design, by natural selection and evolution. This is the verdict of the expert virologists.

It's a total nonsense to claim it was manufactured.

<<snip>>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

McGiver wrote: »
    The virus is not synthetic. Covid-19 mechanism is rather novel and no person could have created it - no one could make this up. Synthetic virus would almost definitely be an analogue of other viruses. This virus is brilliant in design and novelty. This is a strong evidence of natural design, by natural selection and evolution. This is the verdict of the expert virologists.

It's a total nonsense to claim it was manufactured.

Take a look at what you said there.
    You don’t dismiss the virus came from a lab, but there can’t be anyway a known Bat pathogen was tinkered with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Take a look at what you said there.
    You don’t dismiss the virus came from a lab, but there can’t be anyway a known Bat pathogen was tinkered with?

You're asking him to disprove speculative fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The Bio weapon theory is beyond stupid, how exactly would crippling the economies of the west aid china? China rely on the west buying its products and it's economy has been thriving why in god's name would you shoot yourself in the foot.

Also there would be no way to protect your allies, Russia, or your own country.

The virus being coming from animals that were tested on is more plausible. They would have a lot of animals used in experiments that would be destined for destruction and prehaps an employee decided he could instead take some and sell them at the wet market to make some extra cash.

But wet markets are incredibly dangerous and have been identified for decades as potential sources of viruses.

JJayoo wrote: »
    The Bio weapon theory is beyond stupid, how exactly would crippling the economies of the west aid china? China rely on the west buying its products and it's economy has been thriving why in god's name would you shoot yourself in the foot.

Also there would be no way to protect your allies, Russia, or your own country.

The virus being coming from animals that were tested on is more plausible. They would have a lot of animals used in experiments that would be destined for destruction and prehaps an employee decided he could instead take some and sell them at the wet market to make some extra cash.

But wet markets are incredibly dangerous and have been identified for decades as potential sources of viruses.

NIH funded a collaboration by Chinese scientists, US military virologists from the bioweapons lab at Fort Detrick & NIH scientists from NIAID to prevent future coronavirus outbreaks by studying the evolution of virulent strains from bats in human tissues.

Potential there for covert espionage. I not fully convinced yet the outbreak began in Wuhan. There lot of problems with the timeline and reported mystery flu like illness in America late summer months.

Alleged America only knew in Feb 2020, bull****.

There some new narratives now coming out about when the Western intelligence services first noticed the spread.

"US intelligence agencies alerted Israel to the coronavirus outbreak in China already in November, Israeli television reported Thursday.

According to Channel 12 news, the US intelligence community became aware of the emerging disease in Wuhan in the second week of that month and drew up a classified document.
    Information on the disease outbreak was not in the public domain at that stage — and was known only apparently to the Chinese government.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-alerted-israel-nato-to-disease-outbreak-in-china-in-november-report/

When did it all start then, timing strange? This wuhan outbreak supposedly began in Nov but was just one case?

• Advertisement

From the same link...tho apparently The Daily Taliban reports that it was caused by Bill Gates wiping from back to front.

"Colonel Shane Day, the NCMI director, denied last week that any such report existed. “As a matter of practice the National Center for Medical Intelligence does not comment publicly on specific intelligence matters,” he said. “However, in the interest of transparency during this current public health crisis, we can confirm that media reporting about the existence/release of a National Center for Medical Intelligence Coronavirus-related product/assessment in November of 2019 is not correct. No such NCMI product exists.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Dunno about nuclear war but high probability of a Cold War, an economic war with China. Big rethink. Going to be consequences one way or another.

Alternative is some new world order that openly co-operates and how likely is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

We're through the looking glass here people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

LillySV wrote: »
    So more of the usual Americans and trump are bad guys ****e... as listed earlier , it’s Russia and a number of other countries that have been showing hostility to the US, not the other way around. They haven’t just shown hostility to the US, they have been buzzing our coastline and the Uk a lot recently ..... if they ever decided to take it further it will be the uk and the Us that will be most likely to save us! As regards Germany and the eu...

Thats hilarious. The US is at war with about 7 or 8 countries right now, its population is trained to hate the Russians, or China, or Syria, or Libya, or Iran, or Iraq, or Yemen, or Venezuela or any country that stands up to the empire. Not that any of them can find it on a map. They also hate Europeans in general.

The Russian interference in the US election is nonsense, on the other hand the US quite deliberately interferes everywhere. One of the most recent examples is Venezuela where the clearly unelected Guaido is their man. Just recently they stole central bank money (which was held on account in citibank) and transferred it to the personal account of Guaido. Just think about that for a moment, raiding a private bank to get the funds of a country to transfer to your guy to impose him on a different country. The Us "left" is full on with this too, the day after the clown show where she tore up Trump's speech, Nancy Pelosi met with Guaido.

Imperialism is bred in the American bone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRh2JeliY2w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Potential there for covert espionage. I not fully convinced yet the outbreak began in Wuhan. There lot of problems with the timeline and reported mystery flu like illness in America late summer months.

I don't believe this disease has any evidence of being lab based, or deliberate. If it was true that it were lab based I'd more likely believe the US did it, but I don't so I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Ok so it was on the internet in a foreign language so it must be true. Have you seen the clips from the Hitler movie where they put subtitles making fun of certain topics? It's really funny because they are speaking German and none of speak German but when you read the subtitles it's like they are actually saying what the subtitles say. Until I see that video translated by a credible source not some guy on the internet I'm calling bullsh*te on it, sorry.

Even if the translation as accurate, he was talking in generalities. The video isn't evidence of anything.

storker wrote: »
    Even if the translation as accurate, he was talking in generalities. The video isn't evidence of anything.

Then why post the video? He uses the video to back up the argument, don't be silly.

Then why post the video? He uses the video to back up the argument, don't be silly.

No I didnt. I posted it because I thought it was interesting to hear someone talk like that openly. It doesnt back up the argument as far as i'm concerned.

No I didnt. I posted it because I thought it was interesting to hear someone talk like that openly. It doesnt back up the argument as far as i'm concerned.

Talk openly about what? The could've been arguing about the price of noodles for all we know.

Talk openly about what? The coulee been arguing about the price of noodles for all we know.

I see no reason not to believe thats whats being said since the kinda stuff being said is common knowledge among micro scientists and virologists

• Advertisement

FVP3 wrote: »
    Thats hilarious. The US is at war with about 7 or 8 countries right now, its population is trained to hate the Russians, or China, or Syria, or Libya, or Iran, or Iraq, or Yemen, or Venezuela or any country that stands up to the empire. Not that any of them can find it on a map. They also hate Europeans in general.

The Russian interference in the US election is nonsense, on the other hand the US quite deliberately interferes everywhere. One of the most recent examples is Venezuela where the clearly unelected Guaido is their man. Just recently they stole central bank money (which was held on account in citibank) and transferred it to the personal account of Guaido. Just think about that for a moment, raiding a private bank to get the funds of a country to transfer to your guy to impose him on a different country. The Us "left" is full on with this too, the day after the clown show where she tore up Trump's speech, Nancy Pelosi met with Guaido.

Imperialism is bred in the American bone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRh2JeliY2w

The debunkers will respond to you soon!!
    The Russian interference in the US election is nonsense, on the other hand the US quite deliberately interferes everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

selassie wrote: »
    China is turned into a nuclear wasteland, the US economy booms after they take back their manufacturing and Trump is elected president for life.

I'm not sure which part of this is the worst.....

I see no reason not to believe thats whats being said since the kinda stuff being said is common knowledge among micro scientists and virologists

So because it's being said elsewhere thats enough for you to believe that what those guys are saying in that video matches the English subtitles even though you don't speak a word of Chinese. A person would have to be fairly gullible or open to conspiracy to completely discard the possibility that anyone with a level 4 computer course under their belt could add English subtitles to a video of guys speaking a foreign language. Some people need to take the tinfoil hats off and get some fresh air.

So because it's being said elsewhere thats enough for you to believe that what those guys are saying in that video matches the English subtitles even though you don't speak a word of Chinese. A person would have to be fairly gullible or open to conspiracy to completely discard the possibility that anyone with a level 4 computer course under their belt could add English subtitles to a video of guys speaking a foreign language. Some people need to take the tinfoil hats off and get some fresh air.

Where did I "completely discard the possibility that anyone with a level 4 computer course under their belt could add English subtitles to a video of guys speaking a foreign language"?

Where did I "completely discard the possibility that anyone with a level 4 computer course under their belt could add English subtitles to a video of guys speaking a foreign language"?

When you said this; I see no reason not to believe thats whats being said"

When you said this; I see no reason not to believe thats whats being said"

Yea I see no reason not to believe thats whats being said since its very general talk- I'm not excluding the possibility of it being doctored at all though

Yea I see no reason not to believe thats whats being said since its very general talk- I'm not excluding the possibility of it being doctored at all though

But you do believe thats what they are actually saying in that video?

But you do believe thats what they are actually saying in that video?

I would say its more likely to be quite accurate than a conversation about the price of noodles

I would say its more likely to be quite accurate than a conversation about the price of noodles

Looks like a gameshow to me. Maybe they were talking about whether or not he wanted to phone a friend.

• Advertisement

Maybe the animals made the virus to get rid of the humans....snuck into the lab at night and whipped up a batch of infected monkey jizz....&#55357;&#56882;

Advertisement