Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X -Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

TelePaul wrote: »
    L The guy was like "Listen, if you're serious about this, just go to the Audio Warehouse."

So wha ya sayin? .... You ain't serious???;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    So wha ya sayin? .... You ain't serious???;)

Yeah pretty much. I track in a conservatory with wood floors and a glass ceiling. I figured Auralex was an oral contraceptive. I'm the anti-sound engineer!

I'm the anti-sound engineer!

There are loads of those!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Hope it works out for them. It's good to buy local, or retail - or whatever you want to call it. Price is the overriding factor though, if it's hundreds cheaper on the web, then usually that's the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭bedbugs

Bring it on. If it's cheaper than buying with Dolphin, I'll gladly switch.

Although, it is handy getting the VAT zero rated from the transaction when importing stuff...
    hmmm ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

bedbugs wrote: »
    Although, it is handy getting the VAT zero rated from the transaction when importing stuff...
    hmmm ;)

good for the cash flow alright. But you can claim it back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Lads, it sounds great and all...but is the demand really there? Think of the inventory costs (if it's going to be all they say it is)

I'd assume that the demand is there because there's a large amount of people ordering online because they can't get what they want in town and at the prices they want. I'm assuming that Xmusic will be buying in more stock meaning cheaper prices and more variety or whatever. It's certainly very ambitous.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭fitz

If the prices aren't competing with online, this is just gonna become a place where people have a larger range of stuff to try out before they buy it for cheaper on the web. I hope it isn't gonna go that way...

fitz wrote: »
    If the prices aren't competing with online, this is just gonna become a place where people have a larger range of stuff to try out before they buy it for cheaper on the web. I hope it isn't gonna go that way...

Musician's prices were never cast in stone, you could bargain with them a fair bit and of course regulars would get a few quid off. I reckon it'll be like that with this new store.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭fitz

That goes for every music shop though.
    They've all had a margin they were prepared to trim to make the sale.
    Point is, unless they can get within a reasonable distance of internet prices, people are still gonna buy online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

even if there prices are the same as going into town i think they may do well considering good promotion, and a good name

if the townies can go for this long i hope this store can. i really wud love this place to be my first thought to pop into mind when i want to buy stuff.

if anything, DEATH TO WALTONS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I think kids from miles around will travel to check out the store if it's well promoted. I imagine guitar kids ("the pokemon generation" as I call them) will be an important target market for them.

If their prices are comparable with Waltons, I'll do the same for them as I do for Waltons, i.e give them none of my business, and recommend people avoid them.

If they can be within 10% of Thomanns prices, I'll probably use them.
    I don't mind paying a *little* extra, to demo a product and buy it the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

I have sent so many kids to musician they owe me bigtime!

womoma wrote: »
    I think kids from miles around will travel to check out the store if it's well promoted. I imagine guitar kids ("the pokemon generation" as I call them) will be an important target market for them.

If their prices are comparable with Waltons, I'll do the same for them as I do for Waltons, i.e give them none of my business, and recommend people avoid them.

If they can be within 10% of Thomanns prices, I'll probably use them.
    I don't mind paying a *little* extra, to demo a product and buy it the same day.

Within 10% of Thomann's prices would be good, there's a few UK shops that are in fact cheaper on some gear. I always thought the lads in Musician were a bit more than just a saturday afternoon creche for the pokemon kids bashing out their own nasty rendition of the solo from One by Metallica

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

hexagramer wrote: »
    even if there prices are the same as going into town i think they may do well considering good promotion, and a good name

if the townies can go for this long i hope this store can. i really wud love this place to be my first thought to pop into mind when i want to buy stuff.

if anything, DEATH TO WALTONS!

I would agree with you largely except for one small matter....a Gibson Les Paul Baritone down 800 big ones to just 1039 (which is insanely tempting,makes me buy scratchcards) in their 'sale' or whatever they deem suffecient to call lowering their simply outrageous prices.:P

...I live five minutes from X and I'll be a frequenter alright.Low-end crunch.....just imagine if they got Sandberg basses...highly unlikely but worth a shot at least...(drooling)

(How's that for a first comment? :D:D

Within 10% of Thomann's prices would be good,

Would it? Would you pay 1100 when Mr.T sells for 1000?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Will X Music be offering VAT free sales to registered individuals I wonder...I'd much rather not pay it at source than have to claim it back in January or whatever.

Savman wrote: »
    Will X Music be offering VAT free sales to registered individuals I wonder...I'd much rather not pay it at source than have to claim it back in January or whatever.

The world don't work like that!

Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

TelePaul wrote:
    Indeed.
    Actually I think you'll find it does.
    A VAT-registered trader in the State may zero rate the supply of goods to a customer in another EU Member State if:-
    • the customer is registered for VAT in that other EU Member State,
    • the customer's VAT registration number (including country prefix) is obtained and retained in the supplier's records
    • this number, together with the supplier’s VAT registration number, is quoted on the sales invoice
    • the goods are dispatched or transported to that other Member State.

• Advertisement

Savman wrote: »
    Actually I think you'll find it does.

Ah, but not if you live here! .... or rather your company is here. That would be the vast majority I think you'll agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭molby14

live and work not to far from this place ... its huge . there use to be a golf store in one of the units this has taken up 2 of them . plus you can go look at the harley shop too!

will they do guitar lessons from there? for all ages?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Starting work there on thurs, really looking forward to seeing it! Its the biggest shop in the uk and ireland apparently bigger than the biggest one in england!

Gonna be bands and all playin this weekend!

mattfender wrote: »
    Starting work there on thurs, really looking forward to seeing it! Its the biggest shop in the uk and ireland apparently bigger than the biggest one in england!

Gonna be bands and all playin this weekend!

You're starting working there on Thursday and you've not seen the place ?Wierd....

Opening this weekend anyway then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Yeah its official opening is this Saturday and Sunday from 12-6 both days bands and promotions etc i know this because we are one of the bands playing it,cant wait to see the place meself

Yeah its official opening is this Saturday and Sunday from 12-6 both days bands and promotions etc i know this because we are one of the bands playing it,cant wait to see the place meself

You take photos AND play music?

You take photos AND play music?

lol the missus uses this account aswell hence kev and rach in the sig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

lol the missus uses this account aswell hence kev and rach in the sig

Can you be 100% certain that you're not skitso?!

frobisher wrote: »
    Can you be 100% certain that you're not skitso?![/QUOTE

I think i can be fairly sure considering most of the music pictures the mrs has are of me lol but if you really wanna find out come along this weekend my bands are palying as part of the official opening days sat and sunday should be a good day out lots of promos etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Scoual

Hi Smelltheglove
    how did you happen to play at the opening, did you know the managament or somethin?
    btw did you get my pm?

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement