Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What did you want to be when you were small?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭sbs2010

I wanted to be a vet but ended up in IT :(

Recently I've been thinking it would be cool to be a village elder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

A moderator on Boards.ie. I'll make it happen someday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I only knew what I didn’t want to be. Avoid this / avoid that.. jaysus don’t turn out like that / my god don’t go down that road. Straight and narrow type of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

One thing i don't understand is the idea you left a dream unfulfilled. Truly i would hate to be most of the things i wanted to be. Also many things that used to interest me ...now just bore me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    A moderator on Boards.ie. I'll make it happen someday.

You were about to be asked to become a moderator, but this post has disqualified you. For life. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I went through phases, most consistent was actress/model/singer and would do shows for family or anyone that would watch/listen, I went to drama classes for about a year and I loved them, wished id been able to keep them up.
    I went through a fairly lengthy stage of wanting to be an auctioneer when I grew up, I would take items from around the house, set them up on a table, got a little wooden hammer to bang the table (I had confused judges with auctioneers) and would try to sell the items back to my parents/whoever was present at my auction.
    I also wanted to be a spy, fashion designer, a nurse a hairdresser and at 8 wanted to be a stay at home mother by the time I was 16, I had a list of names that I liked so decided id have a child for each name, think I imagined myself having about 18 kids before turning 20.
    By 13 I was going to be a famous rock musician, no musical talent, not a note in my head but total confidence that it was going to happen.
    Im in my 30's now and still dont know what I want to be.

Lorry driver.

I thought I wanted to be an architect, but I really only enjoyed playing with Lego. So for a further 25 years, into my 30s and up until the day he died, my grandfather would shout at me "What the hell are you even doing with your life? You said you were going to be an architect!" I suppose what seven year old doesn't follow through on their dreams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

A cop, like lots of little boys I suppose. Briefly flirted with the idea again when I was about 20, applied and was invited for an aptitude test, but couldn't make it down to Galway to do it as I had to work. I obviously wasn't that worried about it as I could probably have managed to swap shifts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Lily_Aldrin7

First, I wanted to be a doctor, then a teacher. Then I wanted to be an actress, then a teacher again and then a writer. I’m in my 30s now and I still change my dream job every few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

A pilot . It's harder now being married and with a baby on the way to how to achieve it but I am currently a consultant engineer and will make ok money if I stick in this field, so there will come a point maybe in 10 years where I could possibly comfortably afford to do a ppl and cpl and follow that dream .

Advertisement