Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anything Maiden

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

With Jimmy Saville passing away recently, this link was on the IM website.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2011/nov/02/jim-fix-it-iron-maiden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

With Jimmy Saville passing away recently, this link was on the IM website.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2011/nov/02/jim-fix-it-iron-maiden

Brilliant story and great to see the video of it too. The band and crew are as sound as fcuk.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

2012 marks 30 years since The Number of the Beast was released. Any chance of Maiden marking their breakthrough/best album with a Donny show/tour? Suppose they would have announced by now if they were touring again anyway. Are we not due the third instalment of early days with stuff from 1990-2010 + include the Beast ala Donny 07 as they released a best of covering these years.

Think Friday Donington is still free???????

breffni666 wrote: »

Think Friday Donington is still free???????

Haven't the 3 headliners being confirmed?

Metallica, Black Sabbath and The Prodigy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Big Maiden announcement on their website tonight.

Surely confirming Sonisphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

scudzilla wrote: »

I reckon they saw my performance driving the other day with Powerslave blasting, and they want me to front the band. :D

Had forgotten how good that album was, and in particular the title track. I have a boy toy/classic car that I only drive on occasion, so took that on a trip to Dublin airport and back to give it a bit of a run rather than using my regular motor.

I grabbed Powerslave and a few other albums before leaving so that I would have tunes I liked with me.

Aces High, Two Minutes To Midnight, Losfer Words, Flash Of The Blade, The Duellists, and Back In The Village all rocked away as I moseyed from the airport and worked my way down country.

Then Powerslave started and I was back to being the 11yo Kess getting blown away by the band that had originally hooked me in 1982.

Then I hit 2:58 and I was getting tingles as the song made it's way towards it's payoff. The 3:56 hit, my foot gets a bit heavier on the pedal and I am in musical Valhalla as the same solo that drove 11yo Kess in wanting to destroy continents has the same effect on 38 yo Kess.

Maiden may have released other albums that I prefer to Powerslave. Maiden may have released other songs that I love more than Powerslave's titular track, but they have never come close to creating anything that works so well for me everytimes as they did with what happens between 2:58 and 5:03 on this track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

scudzilla wrote: »

Doubt they'll do Sonisphere again so quickly, I'm reading of two likely things. One involves Adrian, one involves a show. So far the touring cycle is similar to the last one, and I can imagine a stand alone show a la Twickennham.

Mushy wrote: »
    Doubt they'll do Sonisphere again so quickly, I'm reading of two likely things. One involves Adrian, one involves a show. So far the touring cycle is similar to the last one, and I can imagine a stand alone show a la Twickennham.

I'm hoping for a super duper reissue of Number, coupled with a Number once off show (or small tour ) with some kind of Clive Burr/Clive Aid involvement.

What's the thing with Adrian? Have you heard a rumour or is it just some hunch you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

According to their twitter feed it has something to do with the letter H. So...

High Voltage Festival? (Which is in, or close to, Hackney which is close-ish to where Mr Harris comes from!).

Or else Adrian's off again. Or they've re-released Silver & Gold on re-mastered CD :)

Letter H eh? Hard Rock Calling perhaps.

Just heard that the announcement is something to do with one of the band members releasing a side project, given the clue then that's probably Adrian

Letter H eh? Hard Rock Calling perhaps.

Adrian's nickname is H

Last chance for Steve to play Upton Park as West ham are moving to the Olympic stadium after the games??????? He is a big Hammers fan.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Seemingly the band have kicked out Bruce in favour of bringing Paul DiAnno back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

kbannon wrote: »
    Seemingly the band have kicked out Bruce in favour of bringing Paul DiAnno back!

About bloody time, now for some prison gigs.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah and pigs can fly

Used to like Di'Anno then i made teh mistake of reading his book, 'The Beast'

The guy is a complete and utter cock, in it he actually brags about drug taking, fighting and beating up women (quite a few times too)

He blocked me from commenting on his FB page too as i just used to wind him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Do you have a source link for this by any chance? If that's true it's a complete fuck up. It's like shooting yourself in the foot. Sure he had a more aggressive and sinister voice than Bruce but really he can't compete.

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Do you have a source link for this by any chance? If that's true it's a complete fuck up. It's like shooting yourself in the foot. Sure he had a more aggressive and sinister voice than Bruce but really he can't compete.
    has to be a p!!stake, shooting themselves would not cover it!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Aaah come on!
    Do you really think they would do something like that?

I was joking!

Website says

"Something of Primal interest to all Maiden Fans ...."

Monday 2nd Janaury 9pm.

Primal gets started with a capital P.

Primal being used instead of Beastly maybe?

Kess73 wrote: »
    Website says

"Something of Primal interest to all Maiden Fans ...."

Monday 2nd Janaury 9pm.

Primal gets started with a capital P.

Primal being used instead of Beastly maybe?

Adrian 'H' Smith's new side project will be called 'Primal Instinct' or something along them lines

Edit : Apparently Adrian has been working with a guy from Sikth and this will be the announcement, bit of PR for him from the band which is good, but blown way out of proportion

Primal Rock Rebellion. A song's available to download. Not really something I'd be listening too, I don't like that vocal style. At least it's better than his Silver and Gold effort from the early 90's though!

Thought we were going to get some Maiden news!! Disappointing/ed.

Thought we were going to get some Maiden news!! Disappointing/ed.

Yeah, as Scudzilla said it was blown all out of proportion, especially if you follow Maiden on Twitter.

New Maiden Live album/DVD/Bluray on the way in March.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/new-maiden-live-release/

Iron Maiden have a new live release due at the end of March. Come inside for full details.
    It’s called En Vivo! and comes in Blu-ray, two-disc DVD and double soundtrack album. To be released on March 26 by EMI it was filmed and recorded on April 10 last year at the Estadio Nacional in Santiago, Chile during the band’s Round The World In 66 Days tour.

The DVD track listing is:

Disc One

1.Satellite 15
    2.The Final Frontier
    3.El Dorado
    4.2 Minutes To Midnight
    5.The Talisman
    6.Coming Home
    7.Dance Of Death
    8.The Trooper
    9.The Wicker Man
    10.Blood Brothers
    11.When The Wild Wind Blows
    12.The Evil That Men Do
    13.Fear Of The Dark
    14.Iron Maiden
    15.The Number Of The Beast
    16.Hallowed Be Thy Name
    17.Running Free

Disc Two

1.Behind The Beast documentary
    2.Satellite 15 – The Final Frontier promo video (director’s cut)
    3.The making Of Satellite 15
    4.The Final Frontier promo
    5.The Final Frontier World Tour show intro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

A new Maiden live album! Just what the world needs.

A new Maiden live album! Just what the world needs.

No need to be negative. The Santiago crowd look mad, more like European crows of the 80s. Lookin forward to it.

Thought Id kickstart another discussion here; Paschendale is one of THE best Maiden songs in the last 20+ years- discuss.

No one's forced to buy an album so if you don't think the world needs another maiden album, don't buy it. I actually fall into that category myself and won't be buying it but if others feel like buying it, let them.

As for Paschendale, 20+ years means we're talking about everything since SSOASS probably? My personal favourite in that era would be the Longest Day but I'd say a lot of people will probably agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

7th Son was my fav for a long time but at the mo i'm caught between Journeyman and Blood brothers....live versions....and Wicker Man.

Thought Id kickstart another discussion here; Paschendale is one of THE best Maiden songs in the last 20+ years- discuss.

Tis my favourite Maiden song. Then again, I was a history student so it was relevent. I wanted to do my LC project on the battle of Paschendale, but I wasn't allowed (not cos it was a Maiden song, albeit it being the main reason I wanted it).

No one's forced to buy an album so if you don't think the world needs another maiden album, don't buy it. I actually fall into that category myself and won't be buying it but if others feel like buying it, let them.

As for Paschendale, 20+ years means we're talking about everything since SSOASS probably? My personal favourite in that era would be the Longest Day but I'd say a lot of people will probably agree with you.

Longest Day a class tune as well, along a similar theme to Paschendale, the grimness of war and all. BNW seem to be the stand out album since SSOSS IMO. Latest album a little disappointing with only a couple of stand out tunes. Was hoping for a new album this year but they seen to be slowing on the writing processes. Back in the day it felt like a Maiden album every other week, and excellent ones at that, such was their song writing skill at that time. No need to buy the new live album but the DVD should be good. Maiden never disappoint live.

Haven't bought an album in yonks. Will just save it from a legal streaming service.

New tour announced, U.S. dates posted:

http://www.ironmaiden.com/maiden-on-the-charge.html

xtradel wrote: »

Pretty cool artwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

xtradel wrote: »

By pure coincidence il be in Philadelphia when Maiden play there, nice. Same thing happened in 2008, the last time i was there ac/dc were playing and managed to get a ticket for it in the carpark 10 mins before the gig started lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

I cant wait for the european leg of the tour, it be my 10 maiden gig i defo be buying the dvd when it comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

Oh man I hope that tour comes here (Dublin or Belfast) - if not it'll have to be a trek to the UK ... super set list :

Moonchild,
    The Evil That Men Do,
    The Prisoner,
    Still Life,
    Die With Your Boots On,
    Infinite Dreams,
    Killers,
    Can I Play With Madness,
    Heaven Can Wait,
    Wasted Years,
    The Clairvoyant,
    Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son,
    The Number Of The Beast,
    Hallowed Be Thy Name,
    Iron Maiden.

• Advertisement

RayCon wrote: »
    Oh man I hope that tour comes here (Dublin or Belfast) - if not it'll have to be a trek to the UK ... super set list :

Moonchild,
    The Evil That Men Do,
    The Prisoner,
    Still Life,
    Die With Your Boots On,
    Infinite Dreams,
    Killers,
    Can I Play With Madness,
    Heaven Can Wait,
    Wasted Years,
    The Clairvoyant,
    Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son,
    The Number Of The Beast,
    Hallowed Be Thy Name,
    Iron Maiden.

Still Life is a cracking song. That is a pretty good set list.

The Prisoner is one of my favourite Maiden tracks and doesn't get played nearly enough as it should.

No Wrathchild either which is good. Not that I don't like it, I'm just sick of hearing it in every tour. Killers is a much better choice

That's not the setlist as such, that's the tracklisting from Maiden England. And the press release doesn't actually suggest if they're re-releasing Maiden England (I was hoping we'd see it on DVD with 'Early Days Part 3' but that could still happen I suppose).

Hopefully we'll get a gig here next year.

I read its gonna be 2 thirds of the original set list with some surprizes thrown in.

True ...... better not drop Still Life or Wasted Years :(

RayCon wrote: »
    True ...... better not drop Still Life or Wasted Years :(

I've seen them 6 times and they've only played Wasted Years once! And that was when H wasn't even in the band...

I could live without them doing 'Iron Maiden' though ;)

• Advertisement

As long as they keep Infinite Dreams, don't think it was ever played on any subsequent tours, a tour de force!

The Clairvoyant never really worked for me. It stayed in the setlist for years. Can't wait to hear The Prisoner live.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Yup i really hope they play The Prisoner, one of my favourite Maiden tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

ush wrote: »
    The Clairvoyant never really worked for me. It stayed in the setlist for years. Can't wait to hear The Prisoner live.

+1 on the Prisoner, phenomenal track. I wouldn't mind if they replaced The Clairvoyant with Only the Good Die Young, a very much underrated track imo.

I'd love to see Sanctuary brought back instead of Running Free as well, I always felt it was a better closing track.

Also it would be great to see a track out of left field that they've not done live like Deja Vu, thats such a good track and its been completely ignored by Maiden.

I think you might see Heaven Can Wait dropped from the original set list ... not sure Brucie could still hit that ... I wouldn't mind if they did and replaced it with :

• Advertisement
Advertisement