Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I missed that €2 scratch card. Got a Hazlenut Choc Bar instead :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I presume when they profile us properly they'll tailor the offers to suit us? The meaty stuff would be no good to me for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Sorry if this is a stupid question but do I get the 5 off 25 by

Activating the offer in the app

Then

Scanning my lidl plus card

Or how does it work? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Sorry if this is a stupid question but do I get the 5 off 25 by

Activating the offer in the app

Then

Scanning my lidl plus card

Or how does it work? Thanks

Yes activate the vouchers you want. Then scan your phone at the till.

All staff were asking everyone Thursday when I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

The big flaw that will kick them back is that it's very easy to get confused about the items being purchased thinking you'll get the discounts. several people bought the wrong cookies already in this thread, and today I bought the wrong ham despite trying carefully to pick the right one.
    I used mine for the first time today, and had activated the €2 off a 500g pack of chicken fillets.

But the only packs of chicken fillets to be found were 260g, 610g and 1kg. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks OP, bought 2

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

shanec1928 wrote: »

It's funny like Apple faithful people shopping in cheapest shop in Ireland 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

peckerhead wrote: »
    I used mine for the first time today, and had activated the €2 off a 500g pack of chicken fillets.

Take half :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

PopTarts wrote: »
    I missed that €2 scratch card. Got a Hazlenut Choc Bar instead :/

Thats what i got after using 2€ scratch card

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Don't activate the €5 off until you are going shopping. I did mine right away and now it's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Alun wrote: »
    Google Pay does it if you store passes in it, and some boarding pass apps do it as well.

Weird that the cookies didn't work on mine then.

When you set up the app first did you choose not to accept cookies?
    That might be your problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Does your home store matter for using coupons?

As in I've one Lidl specified as my home store, but would there be an issue using it in other Lidl's?

I actually thought it was very clear. If you go into the voucher it specifies the label price and the weight of the item. So for example it was clear the chicken fillets were €4.69 full price it then displayed the €2.69 price and then it said the weight was 460g. I got the last packet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Basq wrote: »

As in I've one Lidl specified as my home store, but would there be an issue using it in other Lidl's?

I would also like to know that, I change store when shopping just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭blade1

peckerhead wrote: »

These babies I assume or is it non breaded only?

IMG-20200712-123843.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Pistachio19

My €5 off didn't work yesterday. Guy tried a few times. I wondered if it was because it was a different location to the one I'd put on the app but he said it shouldn't matter. It'll be out of date by the time I go again :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

Location does not matter. My registered store is Dublin but I sent my code to someone in another county and she used it no problem. Although I now have her receipt on my app!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

GY A1 wrote: »
    The chicken breast fillets treat offer - 500g at €4.69 are actually on offer for €3.50 and still got €2 off them

Good to know.

In my local lidl, they had the chicken for €3.50 plus another 30% off because they all expired the next day.

I didn't chance them as I wouldn't bother with short-dated chicken but it makes me wonder if it would have reduced them down to 45 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Thanks for the tip. I saved 8.Euro 20 cent on a weekly shop and got a free bar of chocolate too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭tscul32

Basq wrote: »

I've used mine in 2 different stores no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tscul32 wrote: »
    I've used mine in 2 different stores no problem
    Thanks - good to know now.. I changed stores earlier just in case.

Saved almost a tenner.. got everything except toothpaste, peanut butter, MiWadi and crusty rolls. Does certainly make you buy stuff you wouldn't normally. Always buy Olive Oil so Rapeseed Oil is a first.

Anyone know what the QR code scanner is under your Treats/Coupons?

blade1 wrote: »
    These babies I assume or is it non breaded only?

IMG-20200712-123843.jpg

No it's proper chicken fillets, i think it's 3 pack 460g should be €4.69 before discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Used app today for first time, Portmarnock, no problems, really easy to use, €10+ saved.
    Chocolate bar for free on next visit.

Interestingly the app has over 10 Million downloads, so must be usable in any European store?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I’ve used it in three different stores for those asking, you don’t need to change home store.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

gussieg wrote: »
    checked both threads and still waiting for texts from lidl to sign up to this, and from circle k for their flip and win promotion :confused:

Which mobile provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I got the first scratch card at sign up activated the nut box thing but never got it as I couldn't find it in store, it's over 72 hours now since I shopped and didn't get another scratch card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

Most Lidls I've ever been in have those Seed/Nut snack pots on the shelves along the tills

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They are different to the ones on the app, different product code and the man on the till said they are beside the eggs and he was spot on

Has anyone got a screenshot of the voucher for them I wonder?

I used mine, and the offer/treat was activated on it no issue. In store price of 99c got for free with the scratch card offer activated..

Strange though that it says on my receipt at the end, in-store price of 56c, I don't remember what was on the voucher before I used it. I checked it with guy on till and he said yep they're the ones!

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The scratch card price was 69 cent I think but the product code matched the ones for 99cent

Ah ok, no product codes on the receipts, I just know mine went through no bother so I didn't give it a second thought, I got it for free and that's all that matters :)

Saved a tenner on a thirty euro shop using the app so I'm happy out with it so far. Having the receipts is a great feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

How does this work for self service? Do I hit 'coupon' then scan my card?

Advertisement