Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You shouldn’t be activating at the till tbh
    It’s best to do it before entering the supermarket

Where did I say that?! I used my €5 off last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got my fiver off back. It had expired as I didn't use it in 6 days. But it is back now.

there is a new 5 off 25 voucher but you can't have both active. I'll see if the second one activates after I use the first one when I buy the shopping today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Where is the new €5 is it the scratch card? It's not showing for me on the app

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I think this app is quite good - used it on Sunday - got a colgate toothpaste for 70c and a pack of deluxe cooked ham for 1.29 instead of 2.29. Then did the scratch card thing and got a free bar of chocolate - so must collect that next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

casio4 wrote: »
    Where is the new €5 is it the scratch card? It's not showing for me on the app

It came up for me in Treats, same as before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Damn thing didn't scan today, despite the cashier saying that it did. Only discovered when I got home and looked at the digital receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got my fiver off back. It had expired as I didn't use it in 6 days. But it is back now.

there is a new 5 off 25 voucher but you can't have both active. I'll see if the second one activates after I use the first one when I buy the shopping today.

Okay it didn't scan. Only noticed after leaving. Press the old voucher to de-activate it and click the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Alun wrote: »
    Damn thing didn't scan today, despite the cashier saying that it did. Only discovered when I got home and looked at the digital receipt.

Thats a bummer. If it helps in future I noticed the little scanner has a red light on it that turns green when it scans properly, thats what Im watching out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yeah, the scanners in my two Lidls are all over the place as regards placement too which doesn't help. Some have the reader head positioned at the same level as the hole in the screen, some are lower, some are higher, some are pointing directly at it, some to one side, some are so far back you have to poke your phone right into the hole, others are almost peeking out of it. A right mess, and typically for Lidl (or Aldi), nobody seems to actually be in charge of sorting it out, even the so-called "managers".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Okay it didn't scan. Only noticed after leaving. Press the old voucher to de-activate it and click the new one.

I always check my bill to ensure all the coupons have been picked up !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

my original €5 scanned yesterday and I still have a second one to activate. I live beside a lidl so gonna be handy for me picking up a few things on special.

So activate vouchers going into lidl and then scan your club card at the till to get discounts

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

So activate vouchers going into lild and then scan your club card at the till yes?

Yes. Once you scan the phone/card at the till, it will take off all the vouchers that have been activated (if you managed to find all of the products) and a digital copy of the bill will be saved to the app on your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Debub wrote: »
    Yes. Once you scan the phone/card at the till, it will take off all the vouchers that have been activated (if you managed to find all of the products) and a digital copy of the bill will be saved to the app on your phone

my local had about 5/6 of the special offers in one place last night. Very handy

They all seem to be doing that now, today they had a different items there which I assume are for the new offers coming tomorrow

They update every Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

They update every Thursday

Tomorrow is Thursday.

I know that is why I said they are for the new offers coming tomorrow

Oh sorry my bad I’m half asleep today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

sweetie wrote: »
    my local had about 5/6 of the special offers in one place last night. Very handy

A simple and great idea!

today they had different items there which I assume are for the new offers coming tomorrow

Do tell.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sweetie wrote: »
    Damn good idea.. I'm like Anneka Rice darting around looking for things in my local Lidl.

(yes.. you probably need to be of a certain age to get the reference)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Do you land with the helicopter and wear the jumpsuit ?
    Oh, I fully commit! :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

New offers up:

€2 off 80 Lyons Gold tea bags (€1.69)

Half price:
    Twix 4 Pack (74c)
    Frozen Blueberries (1.50)
    6 pack family banana (74c)
    3 pack demi baguette (50c)
    Sweet chili sauce (1.50)

€2 off BBQ ribs (2.69)

€1 off 4 Pack bachelors beans (2.50)

Some decent ones there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I'll be taking all those I think.

Looking forward to Thursday every week these days, Aldi need to get off their ass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Thargor wrote: »
    I'll be taking all those I think.

Looking forward to Thursday every week these days, Aldi need to get off their ass :D

Not just Aldi others as well !

New offers up:
    €2 off 80 Lyons Gold tea bags (€1.69)
    Half price:
    Twix 4 Pack (74c)
    Frozen Blueberries (1.50)
    6 pack family banana (74c)
    3 pack demi baguette (50c)
    Sweet chili sauce (1.50)
    €2 off BBQ ribs (2.69)
    €1 off 4 Pack bachelors beans (2.50)
    Some decent ones there

Also

Irish Angus Beef Burgers €1 off, now €1.39

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Aldi will not react to this and will likely ignore or ridicule it the same way Lidl used to ridicule other loyalty cards.
    Don't forget lidl will raise prices on other items to make up for this the same way Dunnes stores do to cater for the 10 off 50 spends, it is all marketing and while it is good for items we are actually buying, money off coupons and digital receipts buyers need to be aware of what this actually is - a marketing gimmick to tempt susceptible buyers into picking up products they don't normally buy and therefore increase weekly spend
    There will be an element of loss leading to this we can benefit from, cant argue with any of the offers so far anyway, and they can't go too high with Aldi there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,395 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl seem to actively targeting the younger demographic with this and it's proven to work for them in other countries.
    Thanks Lidl! I'll give you all my human personal data for 50c off bread

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

My experience of working in retail is that this could be supplier funded on the branded goods - so prices might not increase beyond normal inflation levels. For own brand goods, they have higher margin so easier to justify a temporary hit in margin if its gets people to move from branded to own brand.

If Lidl do raise their prices ill concede the point - but Dunnes operate a completely different model and are in a completely different market position to Lidl. Lidl would be mad to try to turn into a Dunnes type operation.

Did Lidl ridicule other cards? I never saw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

zell12 wrote: »
    Lidl seem to actively targeting the younger demographic with this and it's proven to work for them in other countries.
    Thanks Lidl! I'll give you all my human personal data for 50c off bread

Where did you give it all your human personal data? Mine asked me for name, gender & date of birth, all of which you could have filled in with rubbish. I never use my real dob in any website / app like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,395 ✭✭✭✭zell12

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Where did you give it all your human personal data? Mine asked me for name, gender & date of birth, all of which you could have filled in with rubbish.
    You allow the app to access your phone data and analytics, shared with some US companies including Google... more boring stuff under the Legal Info section of app

Advertisement