Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

I think everyone's getting sick of each other in our family today....

Any ideas on events happening around the area to suit a 2 year old demon?

Because of the weather, you are not going to get anything outdoors in the area. Maybe a trip to Jungle Den or similar to let of some of that energy might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

I think everyone's getting sick of each other in our family today....

Any ideas on events happening around the area to suit a 2 year old demon?

Wellies, hat, scarf and gloves on and go down to Kildare farm for a good run around and a visit to the animals. The sow has new piglets. All free too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,146 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Happy new year guys n gals!

Anyone hitting the town tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Dry one for me tonight, out hunting early in the morning. This is a first!

Enjoy all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Quiet one here too. Sick missus so it will be the fireworks on BBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Happy New Year folks

Hopfully there will be some movement on the Nama Shopping center this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Happy new year folks, had a baby yesterday so good start to the year!

All the best for 16

Congrats to you and missus long legs.

Reports that the superquinn site has been sold. And Iceland are meant to be opening there. There goes my hopes of Shaws opening up in the town.

• Advertisement

beertons wrote: »
    Reports that the superquinn site has been sold. And Iceland are meant to be opening there. There goes my hopes of Shaws opening up in the town.
    Add your reply here.

Ew. Wouldn't be the most high end client. I was really hoping for something classy like a cash-4-gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

Was hoping some type of a dunnes would have gone in. Loooong shot, I know. Iceland tho.. Will wait and see. The only other place I know where there's one is ballyfermot. Hopefully will give the town a bit of life again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,548 ✭✭✭✭L1011

matchthis wrote: »
    Was hoping some type of a dunnes would have gone in. Loooong shot, I know. Iceland tho.. Will wait and see. The only other place I know where there's one is ballyfermot. Hopefully will give the town a bit of life again

Also one in Carlow Town and a few more around Dublin

They're decent for specific frozen items and also have some other specifics cheaper than other shops - Mr Kipling products are one for instance. They aren't high quality shops by any means but anything at all that helps bring people to Naas main street is needed now.

Hi guys, would anyone be able to tell me what the free weights are like in the K-Leisure gym in Naas, specifically do they have a squat rack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi guys, would anyone be able to tell me what the free weights are like in the K-Leisure gym in Naas, specifically do they have a squat rack?

No squat rack, but they do have a smyth machine, two free bars and a big range of dumb bells. They also are happy to bring you round for a tour if you ask at reception and want to check it out.

Paddy

If its free weights your after kilashee is the place to go, 11 benches for dumbells, 4 barbell benches, 3 squat racks. Dumbells up to 60kg. Only been done up too so loads of new equipment

Iv used k-leasure a few times when the kids were in the sports centre training but thats the only reason. They dont have a full size Olympic bar and no deadlifting allowed. ...

• Advertisement

aaakev wrote: »
    If its free weights your after kilashee is the place to go, 11 benches for dumbells, 4 barbell benches, 3 squat racks. Dumbells up to 60kg. Only been done up too so loads of new equipment

Iv used k-leasure a few times when the kids were in the sports centre training but thats the only reason. They dont have a full size Olympic bar and no deadlifting allowed. ...

Ok cheers might have a look at Kilashee, any idea what time they open in the morning?

Ok cheers might have a look at Kilashee, any idea what time they open in the morning?

6.30 during the week and I think 8.30 weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Anyone know why they have stopped working on millennium park roundabout? Did one week of resurfacing but nothing last week or this week so far. Electronic signs that were up the first week said there would be two weeks of resurfacing. Most dragged out roadworks ever.

speedfreak wrote: »
    Anyone know why they have stopped working on millennium park roundabout? Did one week of resurfacing but nothing last week or this week so far. Electronic signs that were up the first week said there would be two weeks of resurfacing. Most dragged out roadworks ever.

Never seen anything like it, worst thing is when you come off the roundabout to go into Naas there is a woeful hump that I would say has burst tyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

its beyond a joke at this stage - months of tail backs and all they have done is slightly widen a round about that people were using as a two lane anyway. How on earth they gave planning permission for that new mcdonalds when that Tesco road is already a one lane permanent bottle neck is beyond me

• Advertisement

It started off as a big roundabout. Then they brought out the sloped parts for bicycles. It'll be a tight 2 lanes. The plans must have changed a few times, because they're never normally that slow.

Never seen anything like it, worst thing is when you come off the roundabout to go into Naas there is a woeful hump that I would say has burst tyres

the hump into millennium park is also pretty harsh

It started off as a big roundabout. Then they brought out the sloped parts for bicycles. It'll be a tight 2 lanes. The plans must have changed a few times, because they're never normally that slow.

Lack of any sort of update anywhere is also a PITA. When this started I thought it would be done before kids went back to school!

speedfreak wrote: »
    Lack of any sort of update anywhere is also a PITA. When this started I thought it would be done before kids went back to school!

They could have easily had it done before Christmas

Please say they'll put a zebra crossing there now instead of lights.

Please say they'll put a zebra crossing there now instead of lights.

They are, poles already up

They are, poles already up

I'll believe it when I see it, finished.

I'll believe it when I see it, finished.

Sure people will drive straight through the zebra crossings and mow people down

See ing as most people don't know how to use their indicator on a roundabout I just have no faith

Cllr James lawless is fairly vocal about it on Facebook. He might have an update as he was saying he was meeting with the engineer on Monday because of so many complaints

anyone know where you can pick up nice Sushi in Naas?

• Advertisement

Ring Lemongrass, they do a platter to share, it's 25 quid.

Or if you can wait till Saturday, at the farmers market, here's a little stall that does sushi dishes. Not sure about their prices though.

Anyone know a good Gardener in Naas?

Need someone to cut bushes and take the mess away

Polo_Mint wrote: »

The only guy I know is Ronan Walsh. Seen his van around a few times, he's from Kingsfurze, no idea of his number, but you have enough information there to get it from a Google.

I looked up Naas plumbers on golden pages. 9 plumbers listed for Naas. Only one answered phone and he ended up letting me down.
    Anyone know a reliable local plumber that answers his phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

I looked up Naas plumbers on golden pages. 9 plumbers listed for Naas. Only one answered phone and he ended up letting me down. Anyone know a reliable local plumber that answers his phone.

I can recommend Mick Sammon
    (045)431049
    Never an issue and always on time no job was to small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Polo_Mint wrote: »

Pascal O'Neill
    086 3156584

I looked up Naas plumbers on golden pages. 9 plumbers listed for Naas. Only one answered phone and he ended up letting me down.
    Anyone know a reliable local plumber that answers his phone.

Ian Jay

All these plumbers reputable for gas boiler servicing? Time of year again for me.

• Advertisement

I left out a key for the house for my guy, from the lady who recommended him I knew he was reliable and trustworthy. I burn oil, so have no idea if he can do both. Give him a call and find out.

Aidan Kinsella of AK Gas & Oil Services
    086 2428740
    He's in Ballymore Eustace.

Aidan Kinsella of AK Gas & Oil Services
    086 2428740
    He's in Ballymore Eustace.

He's actually the lad on some of the older Bord Gais tv ads that calls to the house to do the servicing, but he is a legit boiler servicer aswell..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭granturismo

All these plumbers reputable for gas boiler servicing? Time of year again for me.

Clane Gas Services;

http://www.rgii.ie/home/clane-gas-services.3355.html

Stephen ward, Kildare Plumbing and Heating based in kilcullen. 0860284800 http://www.kildareplumbing.ie/

Excellent plumber and a good guy

Have been to the fishmongers at Tesco, both times it was fab. Last day I was in, they were giving out half a dozen eggs with every purchase. I only spent 6 quid, thought it was a great touch.

Is there a new restaurant down the town? Open since Christmas, on one of the side roads. I thought I saw something new, but I was driving and couldn't get a good look. Now I could have been imagining it altogether, but someone might shed some light on it.

• Advertisement

has Tenors been taken over? new name over door?

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    has Tenors been taken over? new name over door?

Yeah been changed a while now. Same good food though !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The fishmongers at Tesco is well worth a visit IMHO.

Lotta love for fishmongers on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Hey folks.
    Looking for a cleaner to drop in for a couple of hours every week or two to hover/mop and take care of the place. Someone to clean the bathrooms and change beds etc.
    Can anyone make a recommendation? Living on the Newbridge road coming out of Naas.

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
Advertisement