Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,210 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thanks to all again for the advice. Sent them a message yesterday to ask for an extension, no reply (didn't expect one in the circumstances), and opened a dispute this morning. Will see how it goes.

Am just curious about the point above here. I placed the order on January 3rd and as stated earlier, email arrived January 8th to say item shipped and PP would expire January 28th. That's three weeks. Is that really shorter than most, and if so, how long would be normal?

Sorry if too many newbie questions! Again, all help & advice much appreciated.

My last few orders from AX have all had 60 days buyer protection. It actually makes no sense for the seller to offer less. You cannot raise a dispute about non-delivery until that time has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Singapore Post:

2020-01-28 12:38
    Product Delivered (Country code: IE)

2020-01-28 07:02
    Receive item at delivery office (Country: IE)

2020-01-28 03:24
    Arrival at Processing Center (Country code: IE)

2020-01-23 15:42
    Arrival at Destination Post (Country: IE)

2020-01-23 08:20
    Arrival at Destination Post (Country: IE)

2020-01-19 19:03
    Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE)

2020-01-17 19:02
    Received from Customer

Fasssssssssst.

Unfortunately there's a fault with the product but thats Ali for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭corkie

"Service alert: the ongoing coronavirus spread is placing China under defecto lockdown.
    Local labor policy currently prevents staffs from returning to work as scheduled.
    Customer service is available with limited capacity at this time as we work from home.
    Shipping is now expected to resume normal service on February 10, 2020. More details to follow. "

Message on fasttech, so along with 'CNY' shutdown, expect delays on anything ordered.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

2020-01-1410:11:21Order Information Received
    2020-01-1615:03:23Package ReceivedNanjing
    2020-01-1709:08:44Depature from Local Sorting CenterNanjing

Delivered 3/2/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Just an update to say the thing I was wondering about a few days ago arrived safely today.

So:
    Ordered January 3
    Shipped January 10
    Received February 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,721 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Just in case anyone has to return a parcel to China, An Post have suspended all their outward mails services to the country.

https://www.anpost.com/Media-Centre/News/Suspension-of-mail-to-China

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I bought 3 items on 23rd January. Not shipped yet.

I bought 3 items on 23rd January. Not shipped yet.

chinese new year

Got a message from an AliExpress seller with whom I have an order that the holiday has been extended again. They said the 15th which is odd. So hey don't order anything on AliExpress I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Got a message from an AliExpress seller with whom I have an order that the holiday has been extended again. They said the 15th which is odd. So hey don't order anything on AliExpress I guess!
    I placed 2 orders with AliExpress last Monday (3rd Feb) and got an email from one of the sellers yesterday to say the order was shipped. No word from the other seller yet but at least there's some movement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,534 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

muffler wrote: »
    [...] got an email from one of the sellers yesterday to say the order was shipped. [...]

I wonder if really shipped or just tracking number entry created? Happened to me multiple times. :(

joujoujou wrote: »
    I wonder if really shipped or just tracking number entry created? Happened to me multiple times. :(
    Good point. I'll have to check the tracking in a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I have 5 items on hold. Bought on AliExpress late January.
    No movement yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I have 5 items on hold. Bought on AliExpress late January.
    No movement yet.

China Closed on 23rd January and reopened today after the extended new year break.

There will be a huge backlog and that's on top of freight issues.

Realistically, expect the items in early to mid March

Coronavirus will have an effect also.

up to 15% of air freight goes on passenger planes which have been restricted / cancelled due to covid-19

nothing moving from china at all at the moment. I have a couple of orders on Aliexpress that i made after the CNY ended and they still haven't shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Port faces 'huge cancellation of ships' as virus shutdowns bite.
    'Next to nothing' expected from China
    https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/port-faces-huge-cancellation-of-ships-as-virus-shutdowns-bite-38966448.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I have got all my wish items from china

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Have a few orders coming from China,
    From FastTech ordered 31 Jan got postage photo today coming with NL Post, normally expect about 3 weeks delivery time. Another with Banggood since 23 Jan, nothing happening there yet.
    Small Ebay item posted 14 Feb no sign yet, but even normally could expect up to 4 weeks

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭corkie

Put in a small €3.96 Order tonight on aliexpress, anyone want to make bets (joking) on when/if it gets here or at all.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement

Things are starting to move in Chinese airports after just hanging 'round for 14 days

[IMG][/img]49653889123_c5a8ce4ef7_c.jpg

dohouch wrote: »
    Things are starting to move in Chinese airports after just hanging 'round for 14 days

[IMG][/img]49653889123_c5a8ce4ef7_c.jpg

:DP.S.
    This packet arrived today, Monday 16th March. Came really quickly once it started to move.

Not that it's important these days but out of curiosity has anyone gotten anything from China lately? Amazon stuff is flying in thankfully.

Not that it's important these days but out of curiosity has anyone gotten anything from China lately? Amazon stuff is flying in thankfully.

received one this morning that i ordered a month ago

Yup! Got an order delivered by An Post last Friday. Order was placed on 1st March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Stuff moving again then? That's good news.

Only placed my first order myself (a small one) with Ali Express just after Christmas. Then between Chinese New Year and the Corona Virus, thought I was bang out of luck as regards ordering anything else. But might chance another one now soon....

I'd advise not to. I have stuff that should be arriving and isn't. I suspect you're at the mercy of your local An Post depot. Try and find out from people in your area first (observing social distancing of course!)

Waiting since 23 jan for something from Bangood, was out of stock + covid. Was cancelled and refunded 2 days ago but is still for sale on site. Probably in terms and conditions that orders not filled in 2 months get cancelled. Dunno

Order from Qwertee gone astray, thats never happened before. Theyre sending a replacement.

Few items came in from CN 10 days ago, another one thats been pending three weeks finally moved on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Received 2 yesterday, came through an Amazon order, were ordered on Feb 16.
    Got another one today from Aliexpress, arrived in Ireland on 5/3/20, looks like An Post is delivering again.

Advertisement