Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Premise is ok if a bit silence of the lambs. can't warm to the lead at all. find her bland as hell. totally forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

It's getting harder to ignore the elephant in the room though? Whatever happened to his wife and daughter, why aren't they being used as leverage against him. It doesn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

groovie wrote: »
    It's getting harder to ignore the elephant in the room though? Whatever happened to his wife and daughter, why aren't they being used as leverage against him. It doesn't add up.

Spader doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who cares about casual acquaintances. Wives and kids are essential appliances for men on the rise in the spook services - that is all they were / are.
    And thats as much as this show connects with reality. Though I'm liking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So do you reckon it's worth sticking around through another 15 or so episodes of pretty much the same story every week just to find out the link between them and the husband's story?

So do you reckon it's worth sticking around through another 15 or so episodes of pretty much the same story every week just to find out the link between them and the husband's story?

I've no interest in that link (I'd forgotten he had a family to be honest, he seems to have too)... I doubt there is much of a link other than maybe a red herring mid season. What Spader is actually up to might be interesting though.

• Advertisement

I guess that he could've planted that stuff to rock her world, to make it seem like ultimately he's the one she should trust. I think he is making her question everything she thinks is true, just like he did before he jumped ship, 20 years ago. Ultimately will she become his successor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Merriam-Webster was quite busy... :D

Pretty good episode.

Anyone else watching Hostages? I don't see a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Episode 4 channeling Manhunter - just needed Shriekback or Iron Butterfly on the soundtrack rather than Nat King Cole.

Good episode, nice to see Spader dial it up a notch. He's been relying on that laugh for too long.

evilivor wrote: »
    Episode 4 channeling Manhunter - just needed Shriekback or Iron Butterfly on the soundtrack rather than Nat King Cole.

Just realised who he was. Doh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Really enjoying this series.
    Ep. 4 was very good.
    Spader is excellent (when he's not laughing)
    I didnt like boone to start but I think she has improved slightly.
    Can they drag this out for 22 episodes or whatever?
    Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Heckler wrote: »
    can't warm to the lead at all. find her bland as hell. totally forgettable.
    Agree 100%. Like the show so far though

They are planting clues though as they go on, the number on the paper at the end of epi 3, and the
    Girl in the picture in epi 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

This weeks, The Courier, didn't grab me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Always good to see Robert Knepper, but he was wasted in this episode. Good lead-in to next week's episode, so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Really like this show - it shows a lot of promise. Hope they don't fcuk it up.

The bad guy from E4 was creepy, he was well done.

And any ideas on -
    Who wired up the house?

Queen-Mise wrote: »

Tom Noonan is a lot creepier in Michael Mann's Manhunter. ;)

More recently he played the preacher in seasons 1 & 2 of Hell on Wheels.

Always good to see T-bag. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Torqay wrote: »
    Tom Noonan is a lot creepier in Michael Mann's Manhunter. ;)

More recently he played the preacher in seasons 1 & 2 of Hell on Wheels.

Always good to see T-bag. ;)
    He really was brilliantly creepy in Manhunter. What a film.

T bag was definitely wasted in this episode. Hardly saw him in it and seriously under used.

I'm ok with the guest stars just providing a little bit of colour to an episode, it stops the show turning into one of those 'monster of the week' type things.
    I think that the fbi agent is starting to come into his own on the show. Two weeks running he's been 'under cover', he's not a bad little scrapper.

What a film.

What a director! Michael Mann is a genius and most underrated. Thief is one of my all time favourites. ;)
    T bag was definitely wasted in this episode.

He got "wasted" in R.I.P.D. as well. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Really like this show - it shows a lot of promise. Hope they don't fcuk it up.

And any ideas on -
    Who wired up the house?
    CIA or Red.

seriously i'm loving this show. :D:D i love Red. i could listen to him all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

groovie wrote: »

well for me...I am just waiting for:
    Lizzie.....I am your father

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's beginning to get a little repetitive already. Hopefully with the reveal at the end of this episode they will be able to mix it up a bit in the next few, otherwise 22 episodes of this format will get boring very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Riskymove wrote: »
    well for me...I am just waiting for:
    Lizzie.....I am your father

i'm waiting for that as well.

I'm waiting for :
    Lizzie, as much as you're attracted to me I'm not your father..life is not a Star Wars film. I expected more of you.

Once I've heard that, this one is a keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

There was a hint that
    Red has an adversary, someone he's fighting against, I wonder will that turn out to be one of her parents?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm not doing my typical of waiting till the season is done, I'm watching this weekly. Not that it's really that special a show, really. I mean, its ok.. I think the 22 episode run is to its detriment though. Course, something game changing could happen to justify the 22 eps. Really hoping for something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,379 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And any ideas on -
    Who wired up the house?

I'm think it is from Tom's side

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm think it is from Tom's side

They are so many questions... I'm spoiling the whole lot - don't want to give anything any too much.
    As long as don't go down the route of Star Wars or the Dallas dream, then bring it on. Who is Tom's side? Is he a bad or a good guy? Is his side bad or good? Who are the people watching the house?

This reminds me of some of the really complicated Westerns - with good guys, bad guys, good bad guys, bad good guys, and then the really, really bad guys:D

• Advertisement

Well, this was clearly the most idiotic episode so far.

Advertisement