Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Luka and Joshua Burnside in the same weekend, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

endainoz wrote: »
    My local hotel is pushing on with December gigs. Some great ones in there! So who's moving to Doolin for the Christmas!?

Does the cover charge include the vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

My local hotel is pushing on with December gigs. Some great ones in there! So who's moving to Doolin for the Christmas!?

Just bought two tickets for Mick and SON again :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭endainoz

everlast75 wrote: »
    Does the cover charge include the vaccine?

The atlantic gives natural immunity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Rockwerchter site still showing "Pearl Jam for 2021" but separately saying the acts below are reconfirmed, bit misleading.

But anyhow they're trucking on for 2021. "21 acts re/confirmed for 21"

"That’s when Rock Werchter will be back in full swing, and the dates have been set: from 1 July to 4 July. A first round of confirmed names for next year’s festival can be announced. Some of the artists who were booked for 2020 are reconfirmed for 2021: Twenty One Pilots, Pixies, The Lumineers, Thom Yorke Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes, Rag’n’Bone Man, The Streets, Cigarettes After Sex, Miles Kane, Fontaines D.C., GoGo Penguin, Cavetown, Big Thief, Girl In Red, Black Pumas and The Dead South. New names are rolling into the 2021 line-up as well: Gorillaz, alt-J, Jamie xx, Royal Blood, Nothing But Thieves and Boy Pablo. That’s 21 names for ’21 already. Many more will be added in the coming months.

Tickets for Rock Werchter 2021 will go on sale on Friday, 10 July at 10 am at ticketmaster.be."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    BBC6 have this on heavy rotation and it's drilled into my head. Was immune to Bicep before but the early tracks from the January album are sounding great. I assume there's a bidding war between EP & ATN for their services and by next Summer they'll probably be enormous.

Jesus, Covid has had more far-reaching consequences that I feared. Seath has gone to the dark side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Jesus, Covid has had more far-reaching consequences that I feared. Seath has gone to the dark side.

Guitars are SO pre-Covid dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭rubick

Join us at 11am on Boards when Seath will be delivering an exclusive lecture on the subtleties of Detroit vs Chicago techno and associated antecedents in relation to their influences upon Underworld's ongoing Drift Series project.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Stillill42

It's Armageddon. Boardsie meetup at Casa Bacardi. Smith's tshirts out, dress code belly tops and fluorescent face paint.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    It's Armageddon. Boardsie meetup at Casa Bacardi. Smith's tshirts out, dress code belly tops and fluorescent face paint.

With Funkytown on repeat. Are they obliged to play that whenever a Boardsie is passing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

With Funkytown on repeat. Are they obliged to play that whenever a Boardsie is passing?

My top casa bacardi experience was some mild swaying to Dance Hall Days in the chicken wings queue.

https://www.longitude.ie/news/longitude-2021-first-round-of-acts-announced

I see Longitude have announced their first round of acts, plenty of international ones in there too. A good sign surely, we might even get announcements from other festivals now before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Kepler21

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Rockwerchter site still showing "Pearl Jam for 2021" but separately saying the acts below are reconfirmed, bit misleading.

But anyhow they're trucking on for 2021. "21 acts re/confirmed for 21"

"That’s when Rock Werchter will be back in full swing, and the dates have been set: from 1 July to 4 July. A first round of confirmed names for next year’s festival can be announced. Some of the artists who were booked for 2020 are reconfirmed for 2021: Twenty One Pilots, Pixies, The Lumineers, Thom Yorke Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes, Rag’n’Bone Man, The Streets, Cigarettes After Sex, Miles Kane, Fontaines D.C., GoGo Penguin, Cavetown, Big Thief, Girl In Red, Black Pumas and The Dead South. New names are rolling into the 2021 line-up as well: Gorillaz, alt-J, Jamie xx, Royal Blood, Nothing But Thieves and Boy Pablo. That’s 21 names for ’21 already. Many more will be added in the coming months.

Tickets for Rock Werchter 2021 will go on sale on Friday, 10 July at 10 am at ticketmaster.be."

Given that its on from 1-4th July, that timing seems off. Also tickets are on sale currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Given that its on from 1-4th July, that timing seems off. Also tickets are on sale currently.

Thursday(1st) to Sunday(4th), is that abnormal?

Cant comment ref tickets on sale/being available. I'm pondering Rockwercher at this stage, (only toe dipping waiting on mates to confirmation) but it does seems like 2021 tickets are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,961 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Was listening to BBC6 yesterday afternoon, Goldfrapp are doing an anniversary tour in 2021 which was postponed from 2020, if this goes ahead, i'd have her little grouping along with Suede as ideal people to spend some hot and sweaty time in a tent with come next September.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭antfin

Was listening to BBC6 yesterday afternoon, Goldfrapp are doing an anniversary tour in 2021 which was postponed from 2020, if this goes ahead, i'd have her little grouping along with Suede as ideal people to spend some hot and sweaty time in a tent with come next September.

All Together Now had confirmed Goldfrapp for this year so it's likely that will be a carried over booking for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,961 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

antfin wrote: »
    All Together Now had confirmed Goldfrapp for this year so it's likely that will be a carried over booking for next year.

arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’ve such hope we are going to be back there in September

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rfrip wrote: »
    I’ve such hope we are going to be back there in September

We are.

Speak it into existence.

WE... ARE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

https://www.longitude.ie/news/longitude-2021-first-round-of-acts-announced

I see Longitude have announced their first round of acts, plenty of international ones in there too. A good sign surely, we might even get announcements from other festivals now before Christmas.

I see Kendrick Lamar is headlining their Friday. I'd love to go that but worried about the sheer volume of teenagers. Reckon I'd get away with just going for a few pints before the headliner and stroll in a few mins before?

• Advertisement

BigMo1 wrote: »
    I see Kendrick Lamar is headlining their Friday. I'd love to go that but worried about the sheer volume of teenagers. Reckon I'd get away with just going for a few pints before the headliner and stroll in a few mins before?

Why not go early and kick a few?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Why not go early and kick a few?

As fun as that sounds, the thoughts of being surrounded by 16 year-olds actually makes me cringe.

Heading there with a good few pints in me for the headline does feel like the best plan. Wish he was just playing a standalone gig. :mad:

As fun as that sounds, the thoughts of being surrounded by 16 year-olds actually makes me cringe.

Heading there with a good few pints in me for the headline does feel like the best plan. Wish he was just playing a standalone gig. :mad:

Guaranteed you'll be surrounded by loads of young wans, hardly worth the single day ticket to see one act either. You could get lucky, he might do a standalone gig.

Same here. I'd consider going for just him but the thought of 20,000+ teenagers who've been wasted since midday doesn't entice me. A good evening would be having only one of them puke on you, eighteen fall into you and getting to hear two tracks through the chatter.

We may criticise some elements of EP but the crowds are generally respectful to the artists.

Was anybody watching other voices last night? Available on demand on youtube for a while for those who haven't. Some great acts on, Hozier was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

See Leo in the Dail saying no guarantee of concerts next summer. While knew ther was no guarantee hate others saying it out loud

Mucker46 wrote: »
    See Leo in the Dail saying no guarantee of concerts next summer. While knew ther was no guarantee hate others saying it out loud

Well nothing is guaranteed in fairness, all these gigs even happening are dependant on the vaccine getting rolled out correctly, and it actually working. I'm optimistic though, getting very close to buying a wild roots ticket.

Well nothing is guaranteed in fairness, all these gigs even happening are dependant on the vaccine getting rolled out correctly, and it actually working. I'm optimistic though, getting very close to buying a wild roots ticket.

That's very early though (end of April) so unsure if it'll happen. If it does then that clears the way for most other fests though the scale of EP means it'd be the last to be confirmed even with its late timing.

Not a fan of the WR lineup but I've a pal there so would happily go along for the Damien Dempsey evening and hope that there's some half-decent stuff other stuff on. Kaisers usually fun too (and Leeds United fans, a big plus) and their singalong stuff would be pretty enjoyable at the tail end of this Covid era.
    Say hello if I see ya there man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Anyone have a link to day 1 of other voices?
    They all seem to be down from what i can see.
    Just watched day 2. Cinder Well were brilliant.

• Advertisement

Anyone have a link to day 1 of other voices?
    They all seem to be down from what i can see.
    Just watched day 2. Cinder Well were brilliant.

It seems to have been taken down alright, but some videos might be still on FB, I know SONs set is still there for now.

Advertisement