Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭rubick

If everyone could stick The Queen Is Dead on at about 6pm this will act as tribute to the Festival Gods, ensuring our safe return to the Elysian Fields next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Rfrip wrote: »
    If anyone remotely gives out bout the line up when we get back to ep, I’m reporting and blocking them

Ed Sheeran???

rubick wrote: »
    If everyone could stick The Queen Is Dead on at about 6pm this will act as tribute to the Festival Gods, ensuring our safe return to the Elysian Fields next year.

So you're saying we can start drinking cans at our usual EP time?

I'm late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Poorside wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran???

Even that ginger pri&k

Rfrip wrote: »
    Even that ginger pri&k

If he's announced just ban me, don't even give me time to login.

• Advertisement

Eco starting to fill up rightly lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

I'm away over to the entrance to get a programme. Fire me out a can there, for the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

A buddy of mine just sent me a picture of himself and his wife. They've put up the pop up tent in their sitting room, and are sitting in camping chairs drinking cans.
    That's dedication to the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Have been playing live EP sets from the ipod the last few days, Iggy Pop & the Stooges 07, LCD Soundsystem 05, Royksopp 05, Leftfield 2010, Roots Manuva 09, Moderat 09, Crystal Castles 08 among others at the moment.

PS. If you want a link to my mediafire page this has a list of downloadable concerts from the Electric Picnic past brought to you courtesy of the old 2FM streams.

Feck it looks like link just takes you into log in page, its getting harder to do this stuff now. I used to have a post in the old Electric Picnic forum for downloading live sets from the festival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Tell me if this works. Chic - I Want Your Love (EP 2009).

• Advertisement

desk tidy wrote: »
    I'm away over to the entrance to get a programme. Fire me out a can there, for the walk.

Oh, a can for the walk, my favourite sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Kkc were due to be playing the main stage at some point today, as well as RATM. Mark the Drummer was on today FM earlier. Said "slate is wiped clean" in relation to lineup, unlike body and soul, no automatic transfer of acts from 20 to 21.

As much as I love kkc live, they suit smaller packed, intense venues, just cant see main stage during daylight working for them, + if televised it would look like a joke.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

A buddy of mine just sent me a picture of himself and his wife. They've put up the pop up tent in their sitting room, and are sitting in camping chairs drinking cans.
    That's dedication to the cause.

The neighbours wondering while she's keeping sketch as he urinates on the back fence etc!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

sweetie wrote: »
    I've to pick the young wan up from school, probably won't make it til 7...

Well keep your eyes on the road, your hand upon the wheel

Well keep your eyes on the road, your hand upon the wheel

Used to have that album by the Georgia Satellites. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

Just to add salt on to the wounds there, weather looks pretty good for the weekend in stradbally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Same as the last few years, got up at 6.30am and packed the car boot with bags....and went off to do the big shop. :-(

Was reminiscing with volunteers on Facebook last night that we would've finished all our shifts by then, wristbanded, and set off to Stradbally for a bite to eat, sorting the weekend carryout and what not and having a feed of pints with the EP & Body & Soul crew in Ramsbottom's pub. Well, hopefully next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

Ive dug up some old wristbands and stapled them on for my friends little get together tonight. I don't care what little organisms are still living on them.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DDOK

Bodega on the headphones taking me back to Sunday night last year.
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6p9vwcNAg7ObfRvvXIjjiQ?si=dzYR1PA8S7-ghXDQPoGugw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

DDOK wrote: »
    Bodega on the headphones taking me back to Sunday night last year.
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6p9vwcNAg7ObfRvvXIjjiQ?si=dzYR1PA8S7-ghXDQPoGugw

Ah, great set. That drummer, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Moncrieff just chatting to a bloke who's making candles that evoke the stuff we're all missing. He has a festival one. I'm not sure a candle that smells like the inside of your tent on the Sunday morning would be a big seller.
    Excellent variety of EP celebrations lined up on here fair play. I've a band tshirt on. I might just give a random teenager a root up the hole outside the shop. Just my own little tribute.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Moncrieff just chatting to a bloke who's making candles that evoke the stuff we're all missing. He has a festival one. I'm not sure a candle that smells like the inside of your tent on the Sunday morning would be a big seller.
    Excellent variety of EP celebrations lined up on here fair play. I've a band tshirt on. I might just give a random teenager a root up the hole outside the shop. Just my own little tribute.

Excellent idea.
    The kick a teenager thing, not the portaloo smelling candle.

Significant gains,
    Booting waines.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I might just give a random teenager a root up the hole outside the shop. Just my own little tribute.

I do hope that was supposed to be boot or are you going all Rolf Harris on us.

Just found a Bodytonic page dedicated to its time with Electric Picnic for all us elders. Bodytonic was there from 2004 - 2008 I think, the marquee was about the same size as the Cosby Tent. https://320kbps.hindiaz.com/file/bodytonic-soundsystem-3-the-electric-picnic.xhtml

• Advertisement

Just found a Bodytonic page dedicated to its time with Electric Picnic for all us elders. Bodytonic was there from 2004 - 2008 I think, the marquee was about the same size as the Cosby Tent. https://320kbps.hindiaz.com/file/bodytonic-soundsystem-3-the-electric-picnic.xhtml

Did Bodytonic not have a set-up as late on as 2011/12? Pretty sure I remember them in the Woods. As much as i can remember the Woods, of course.

Advertisement