Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Beshoff Motors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭goochy

they tend to operate on a low cost model and that would not suit that but suppose they could add small bit on to price of each car to cover that - security would want to be good as its near some not so great areas

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

I wouldn't imagine that security would be a significant concern (not significantly more than the current location).

It is also a good location given the amount of passing traffic and prominence of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭noelf

1979 Mercedes S class 450 SEL 6.9 auto 71000 miles €79995..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,284 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Called to be beshoffs recently.
    Didn't like the look of the place at all. It was absolutely packed. Nowhere for customers to park, not the space for a single car on site.
    I was just disappointed versus the online image they portray.
    That said, even some main dealers are squashed into little sites.
    I guess I'm spoiled being from the country where all good dealers are sitting on huge sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

mickdw wrote: »
    Didn't like the look of the place at all. It was absolutely packed. Nowhere for customers to park, not the space for a single car on site.
    I guess I'm spoiled being from the country where all good dealers are sitting on huge sites.

They are moving to here apparently

https://www.google.ie/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x48670537c8a8b91f:0xd87ea47461f443ad!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/tom%2Bwalsh%2Bmotors/@53.3974272,-6.1461841,3a,75y,10.15h,90t/data%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sO-VfGDsW8A-075vmYlfVQQ*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x48670537c8a8b91f:0xd87ea47461f443ad!5stom+walsh+motors+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e2!2sO-VfGDsW8A-075vmYlfVQQ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUv8Csg8vaAhUnCcAKHcLHCJAQpx8IiAEwCg

A nicer premises but a real step down in terms of location and its prestige.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭carsfan2

mickdw wrote: »

How were you treated when you were there though?
    Their stock looks well presented and by most accounts they are very good to deal with.

Ya no issue. Asked about a specific car, was given the keys to have a look. Car looked fine but spec didn't do it for me.

All the photos are taken across the road on the grounds of howth castle so there is going to be a mismatch between what it actually looks like on their premises which is a small lot. It’s going to be apartments soon anyway.

They should be able to do a lot more when they move to the old grange road motors fourcourt in Baldoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I went to view a car there maybe 18 months back that was clearly still being used as a daily driver, which they'd made no attempt to hide. It was fairly dirty, inside and out. I think there was even mud stains on the rear seats. The salesman said very little the whole time and appeared to care little about actually selling the car to me. I found the whole experience fairly odd tbh. I'd had it in my mind to see where haggling would get me (it was fairly overpriced to begin with), but after the test drive I just got the fúck out of there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I went to view a car there maybe 18 months back that was clearly still being used as a daily driver, which they'd made no attempt to hide. It was fairly dirty, inside and out. I think there was even mud stains on the rear seats. The salesman said very little the whole time and appeared to care little about actually selling the car to me. I found the whole experience fairly odd tbh. I'd had it in my mind to see where haggling would get me (it was fairly overpriced to begin with), but after the test drive I just got the fúck out of there.

That’s because Beshoffs act as middle men. You can give them your car and they will sell it under their brand and pay you once sold. Obviously taking a lump of the price in the process.

• Advertisement

Well if they want to offer that, there is no point in offering an unprepared car. Surely a car owner would leave the car with them to sell and not just drop it off when there is an enquiry.
    I probably would buy from them however that is mostly based on what I've learned here.... If I'd never heard of them, from what I saw on site, I would have been turning around and leaving. Cars packed into yard, a strange feeling show room that looked and felt like they were just moving in, garage workers appeared to not speak English.

2008 Mercedes SL500 only 28967 km 5.5 litre engine €29995 nct September 2019 FSH ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That red is shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I love that it’s not black or silver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

That red is shocking

I like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You all better hurry up if you like it enough as it was out for a test drive yesterday.

tricky D wrote: »
    You all better hurry up if you like it enough as it was out for a test drive yesterday.

Its a long way away from being a reality for me yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 porsche987

That red is shocking

That interior is more shocking

porsche987 wrote: »
    That interior is more shocking

I like that too but I'm sure it would be a disaster trying to keep it clean. Can't even keep a pair of white shoes clean more than a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Yeah red with a light interior...horrid. You would never catch Ferrari at that.....its lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tcawley29 wrote: »
    I like that too but I'm sure it would be a disaster trying to keep it clean. Can't even keep a pair of white shoes clean more than a day

Lucky you don't wear car interior around on your feet :)

mloc123 wrote: »
    Lucky you don't wear car interior around on your feet :)

What happens your footwear outside on a rainey day/if you walk through a lawn/accidentally step in a puddle.
    Only way to keep that interior clean would be to put plastic bags around your shoes getting into the car every time.
    Imagine policing your passengers beind as cautious as you were.

I would love to have an interior like that but you would be cleaning it every day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tcawley29 wrote: »
    What happens your footwear outside on a rainey day/if you walk through a lawn/accidentally step in a puddle.
    Only way to keep that interior clean would be to put plastic bags around your shoes getting into the car every time.
    Imagine policing your passengers beind as cautious as you were.

I would love to have an interior like that but you would be cleaning it every day :)

I don't know, people generally report that cream interiors are not that hard to keep. I would probably swap out the mats to black tho.

mloc123 wrote: »
    I don't know, people generally report that cream interiors are not that hard to keep. I would probably swap out the mats to black tho.

First steps would be some sort of white/tailored mats anyways in my opinion.

I have a light grey/ cream coloured interior for years.
    Love a bright interior.
    My work involves fields and building sites daily. Now it requires a bit of cop on not to be just jumping into the car with dirty boots but I have nice matching mats for summer and a set of black rubber mats that can take a lot of abuse.

I’d imagine the parking situation has got a lot worse since this arrived in stock 😃

2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0D crew cab fsh €19995 ..

1998 Mercedes S600 V12 fmbsh 121000 km €26995 ..

Also

1999 Mercedes SL320 102000 km €17995 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I used to think I liked those W140s, but they're so horrendously boxy they're beyond retro or even novelty status. Big bucks but a rare car all the same.

Forgot to mention it’s a long wheelbase version .. if that makes any difference Voodoomelon ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That SL is sooooo nice

Advertisement