Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Qrt wrote: »
    I remember hearing before that the NTA are suffering from chronic understaffing, is that true or was it just me hearing things?

The NTA I'm sure is well staffed as it's just a branch off of the department of transport.

The NTA were chronically understaffed and still are understaffed. They warned the department that if they were not able to recruit extra staff then it would effect their ability to deliver projects on time. The department has since allowed 12 extra staff but this only helped a small amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭markpb

The NTA controls all routes so have go-ahead is no different at all as to how frequency has changed as of the same date of changes many many db routes have had their frequency increased given the go ahead by the NTA.

I'm very much an outsider here but my understanding is that whenever someone (NTA or DB management) want to change a route, it goes to the drivers/union for discussion. Several drafts of the timetable are debated and rejected, all taking time, until eventually a consensus exists and the new timetable can be published and made available to customers. This process might be quick sometimes but can be very slow other times and, in the case of Network Direct all those years ago, several changes were abandoned completely because of lack of agreement.

If GAI can implement a timetable change in a more efficient manner, I can understand why NTA would want to wait until GAI were running the routes before introducing the changes.
    NTA amazingly stop db refund tickets on the day go ahead take over what were db routes.

It's not amazing at all. Trying to get rid of change facilities in the past would have been politically difficult because of the inevitable whinging. Trying to support change receipts with two different operators with two different settlement models would be expensive for NTA to implement or tricky for customers. Getting rid of it now is both efficient and easy to explain.
    All services could be improved over night if they brought in the travel 90 across the board and get people away from interaction with driver.

Agreed.
    The NTA I'm sure is well staffed as it's just a branch off of the department of transport.

They are very understaffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

The NTA controls all routes so have go-ahead is no different at all as to how frequency has changed as of the same date of changes many many db routes have had their frequency increased given the go ahead by the NTA.

True but DB keep their own fare revenue but fare revenue from GAI goes back to the NTA as GAI are paid a set fee so DB have more autonomy.
    The NTA has given go ahead permission not that they just rock up take over and look at us we can increase the frequency.

The NTA has had this planned all along so no matter what go-ahead would look better as it looks like they are better.

You're sort of jumping to a conclusion there that after a slightly shakey start which can be expected Go-Ahead are bad bus service I will reserve my judgment for Go-Ahead after 6 months to a year not after less than week of operating DB routes. The NTA recently announced one the largest route expansion plans for DB routes too so they're hardly just trying to make Go-Ahead look good.
    Bus Connects is another thing that will make them also look better the more routes they get.

Bus Connects has nothing to do with Go-Ahead. DB recently had their direct award contract renewed so their operation will remain the same in size as it is now and as it was before GAI started operating. If GAI get more routes after Bus Connects it will be a result of increased levels of service. DB is also one of the agencies involved in drawing up the bus connects plan GAI are not.
    NTA amazingly stop db refund tickets on the day go ahead take over what were db routes.

Well considering DB still keep their fares I would imagine they had some input into that decison
    Go ahead doesn't need to go to extra expenses of more staff, building, services etc etc for one to go collect their change.

That would be the NTAs responsibility not GAIs as it's their fare revenue not GAIs. GAI are only responsible for the day to day operation the services
    All services could be improved over night if they brought in the travel 90 across the board and get people away from interaction with driver.

True but to that you would also need to replace all the outdated wayfarers from DB buses. Not sure what ticketing equipment GAI buses are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Crazyrr1

Hi all dont post here ever. Just want to clarify some information here.
    NTA decide the timetables for all routes. No changes can be made to posted tinetables without NTA approval. That goes for all pso contracts. DB ,go ahead etc. Db cant even put an extra bus on a peck times with the nod from the NTA.
    Drivers are never involved in this process. DB Drivers do vote on duty timetables but they are an internal issue and dont affect customer timetables. GAI are in the same boat in regards to customer timetables but im sure the NTA is bending over a little to make the transition a little easier.
    Union votes are done on the drivers / workers issues and not what the Nta want done..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Lots of problems with the 75 and 75A over the last few days. Twitter has many annoyed passengers late for work and school.

At times, the real time and journey planner apps show different arrival times, and the new TFI timetable is very confusing with a lot of errors. Look at the departures in the evening.

https://www.transportforireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/TFI-Go-Ahead-Route-75a-Timetable-1.pdf

KD345 wrote: »
    Lots of problems with the 75 and 75A over the last few days. Twitter has many annoyed passengers late for work and school.

The real time and journey planner apps seem to be showing different arrival times, and the new TFI timetable is very confusing to read with a lot of errors. Look at the departures in the afternoon.

That's because the journey planner shows scheduled times, unless otherwise indicated whilst the real time application, shows real time information, although it wasn't helped by the NTA suggesting people use the Journey Planner for real time information earlier in the week (which it can provide through the departures tab) which has confused people.

The PDF's are dreadful though, I'll give you that, in dire need of a proof read. They appear to have remove the 75 one though from the TFI and Go-Ahead site and gone back to older ones of a different layout.

At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if the next phase was delayed by a week at least, so they can sort these issues out, because honestly this first phase hasn't been a total disaster, but it's been very near and they need to sort these issues out before transfering anymore.

KD345 wrote: »

At times, the real time and journey planner apps show different arrival times, and the new TFI timetable is very confusing with a lot of errors. Look at the departures in the evening.

https://www.transportforireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/TFI-Go-Ahead-Route-75a-Timetable-1.pdf

I'm not surprised due to the crazy decision to reroute through Dundrum Village. I can see this being decision reversed in time if the NTA see sense and realise it serves little purpose other than adding time onto the journey. My guess a lot of the issues are due to this diversion and I am not one bit surprised.

The 75 has always had problems route due to it's lengthy running time and traffic delays as there are few bus priority measures along this route. An idea would be running a certain number of extra departures around peak times as short runnings going only to Dundrum.

I had a read of the GAI customer charter and one oddity I noticed was that it said lost property is held in Ballymount for two days and is then moved to the DB lost property office. I wonder what the story is with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Qrt

In an ideal world, Dundrum village would be essential access only. They have a bypass like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

markpb wrote: »
    I'm very much an outsider here but my understanding is that whenever someone (NTA or DB management) want to change a route, it goes to the drivers/union for discussion. Several drafts of the timetable are debated and rejected, all taking time, until eventually a consensus exists and the new timetable can be published and made available to customers. This process might be quick sometimes but can be very slow other times and, in the case of Network Direct all those years ago, several changes were abandoned completely because of lack of agreement.

If GAI can implement a timetable change in a more efficient manner, I can understand why NTA would want to wait until GAI were running the routes before introducing the changes.

It's not amazing at all. Trying to get rid of change facilities in the past would have been politically difficult because of the inevitable whinging. Trying to support change receipts with two different operators with two different settlement models would be expensive for NTA to implement or tricky for customers. Getting rid of it now is both efficient and easy to explain.

Agreed.

They are very understaffed.

The schedule process is now totally different.Maximum of two drafts,the second is implimented regardless of agreement,with one single independent referal tribunal to ultimately decide.

Process is now taking less than 2 weeks beginning to end.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I had a read of the GAI customer charter and one oddity I noticed was that it said lost property is held in Ballymount for two days and is then moved to the DB lost property office. I wonder what the story is with that.

Must be some agreement about accessibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

Alun wrote: »
    Shop River is a small group of houses just after the bus stop on the left if you're heading away from Enniskerry. There is a small 'river', although unsure if that's actually Shop River, that originates in a small reservoir on the other side of the road that goes underground under the houses, reappears above ground and wends it's way towards Powerscourt, feeds another small reservoir close to the main car park, and ends up in the Dargle. You can see it all clearly on Google aerial photography if you look.

I agree though, it's a silly end destination to put on a bus serving Enniskerry.

Just to add to the Shop River discussion, here is proof that it does exist:

‪Garda’ had to handcuff man who became aggressive outside club https://www.independent.ie/regionals/braypeople/news/garda-had-to-handcuff-man-who-became-aggressive-outside-club-27611884.html‬;

It’s in the newspapers so it must be true :-)

C635

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

devnull wrote: »
    The NTA were chronically understaffed and still are understaffed. They warned the department that if they were not able to recruit extra staff then it would effect their ability to deliver projects on time. The department has since allowed 12 extra staff but this only helped a small amount.

Impressive nta HR knowledge devnull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kfagan10

magentis wrote: »

Their staff are also nothing to do with the Department of Transport. As in the allocation of staff has no relation to the department.

Kfagan10 wrote: »
    Their staff are also nothing to do with the Department of Transport. As in the allocation of staff has no relation to the department.

Unfortunately, the both of you are ploughing a rather misguided and false furrow there and a false narrative So rather than speculate of what is true and what isn't about the situation in the NTA, lets just examine their board meeting minutes shall we and go with the facts.

Perhaps the April one would be a good place to start?
    Staffing issues and in particular the increasingly urgent need to fill a number of key staff vacancies in order to ensure that key projects are not delayed. It was agreed that the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport should be advised that delays in the filling of these vacancies will inevitably impact on the delivery of key NTA projects.

Also, how about the May one?
    Department approval for the filling of 12 key posts by the NTA. The Board noted that while the filling of these posts was welcome, it only went part of the way to addressing the NTA’s staffing needs having regard to the NTA role in the delivery of major public transport projects under the National Development Plan. The Board noted that an updated strategic resourcing plan will be made available during June

So I suggest you find a new source, since it's clear the ones that are telling you that the department have no control over staffing have no idea what they are talking about and rather than me knowing inside info of HR Matters, I simply read an official document in a public domain on a clearly labeled section of the NTA Website.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, the both of you are ploughing a rather misguided and false furrow there and a false narrative So rather than speculate of what is true and what isn't about the situation in the NTA, lets just examine their board meeting minutes shall we and go with the facts.

Perhaps the April one would be a good place to start?

Also, how about the May one?

So I suggest you find a new source, since it's clear the ones that are telling you that the department have no control over staffing have no idea what they are talking about and rather than me knowing inside info of HR Matters, I simply read an official document in a public domain on a clearly labeled section of the NTA Website.

As a regular long-term visitor to the NTA's homepage,Chateau Despair,I can totally support Dev's points here.

Going all the way back to it's inception,it can be seen that the Authority is an adminstrative Camel...(a Horse designed by a Committee).

In many ways it has an impossible task,particularly when one takes account of it's original function as a DUBLIN Transport Authority,a function which it's current establishment might just be able to adequately perform.

The NATIONAL bit of it's remit,is a vast sinkhole into which scarce resources have to be poured,whilst the Capital's far greater demands for those same resources remain skimped upon,as it continues to expand in a largely still uncontrolled manner.

I am of the belief that the Authority requires an immediate restructuring,with perhaps 3 regional bodies and 1 Metropolitan to address the widely differing needs of these places.

Blundering ever ownards,as is current policy,will eventually see the NTA run out of steam......and Consultants ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

So I travelled on Go-Ahead for the first time today. Overall a fine experience not really any major improvement or downgrade on DB. I took the 75 from DL to Dundrum and got off on Syndenham Road but got on the way back on Dundrum Main Street. The bus was fairly busy and the took a while loading and un-loading at stops as can be expected as many of the stops had a fair amount waiting on the 75 with the usual teenagers going to Dundrum SC on the weekend and also traffic was heavy enough on the way there for a Sunday so the journey took about 45 mins.

A few observations would be that the bus driver on the way to Dundrum allowed passenger onto the bus at DL DART station about 10 mins before it was due to leave despite the fact the bus displayed on RTPI as due. DB drivers generally do not allow this and make passengers wait at the stop until the bus is timetabled to leave. Also the 75 had just come off an inbound 63. The left hand leap validator on the return service was out of order meaning all Leap transactions had to be done through the driver.

The first bus I travelled on was an ex DB SG but the second bus was a 182 with the new moquette which looks quite nice and gives the bus a modern and more spacious look. Even on a Sunday the new Dundrum loop adds on an extra 5-10 mins and the lights at the Luas bridge take an age to go green also we passed another 75 on Sydenham Rd. which was unable to pass without our bus having to come to a complete standstill. Not sure if the new moquette was decided on by GAI or the NTA and I'm will this moquette be on DB 2019 deliveries.

Overall I'd give it the Go Ahead passenger expierence for today a 7.5/10. It gains marks for the drivers being friendly and allowing passengers on at DL station before the bus is due to leave but loses marks for the broken Leap validator and the 75 Dundrum re route. Hopefully any of the issues from last week are sorted out and future transitions of service from the DB to GAI go smoother than they did last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

... the bus driver on the way to Dundrum allowed passenger onto the bus at DL DART station about 10 mins before it was due to leave despite the fact the bus displayed on RTPI as due. DB drivers generally do not allow this and make passengers wait at the stop until the bus is timetabled to leave.

In fairness to DB drivers, I believe this was the correct policy when DB operated both the 46A and 75 as otherwise, a 46A driver at the DL terminus could allow passengers to board early, only for some of them to be annoyed if a 75 pulled away first. Sometimes you have to protect people from themselves.

coylemj wrote: »
    In fairness to DB drivers, I believe this was the correct policy when DB operated both the 46A and 75 as otherwise, a 46A driver at the DL terminus could allow passengers to board early, only for some of them to be annoyed if a 75 pulled away first. Sometimes you have to protect people from themselves.

Yeah I was thinking it would be nice to have the option maybe it was just something that this particular driver was allowing. RTPI should reflect this.

Despite all the negativity I was hearing from DB drivers about GAI most drivers waved to each other regardless of operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

So I travelled on Go-Ahead for the first time today. Overall a fine experience not really any major improvement or downgrade on DB. I took the 75 from DL to Dundrum and got off on Syndenham Road but got on the way back on Dundrum Main Street. The bus was fairly busy and the took a while loading and un-loading at stops as can be expected as many of the stops had a fair amount waiting on the 75 with the usual teenagers going to Dundrum SC on the weekend and also traffic was heavy enough on the way there for a Sunday so the journey took about 45 mins.

A few observations would be that the bus driver on the way to Dundrum allowed passenger onto the bus at DL DART station about 10 mins before it was due to leave despite the fact the bus displayed on RTPI as due. DB drivers generally do not allow this and make passengers wait at the stop until the bus is timetabled to leave. Also the 75 had just come off an inbound 63. The left hand leap validator on the return service was out of order meaning all Leap transactions had to be done through the driver.

The first bus I travelled on was an ex DB SG but the second bus was a 182 with the new moquette which looks quite nice and gives the bus a modern and more spacious look. Even on a Sunday the new Dundrum loop adds on an extra 5-10 mins and the lights at the Luas bridge take an age to go green also we passed another 75 on Sydenham Rd. which was unable to pass without our bus having to come to a complete standstill. Not sure if the new moquette was decided on by GAI or the NTA and I'm will this moquette be on DB 2019 deliveries.

Overall I'd give it the Go Ahead passenger expierence for today a 7.5/10. It gains marks for the drivers being friendly and allowing passengers on at DL station before the bus is due to leave but loses marks for the broken Leap validator and the 75 Dundrum re route. Hopefully any of the issues from last week are sorted out and future transitions of service from the DB to GAI go smoother than they did last week.

It’s the nta that done up the timetable and route not go ahead..because most of us in go ahead thought we be going the old 75 route and not through dundrum bridge and we have complained about it aswel..go ahead said they will say it to the nta but I say the nta won’t care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

Yeah I was thinking it would be nice to have the option maybe it was just something that this particular driver was allowing. RTPI should reflect this.

Despite all the negativity I was hearing from DB drivers about GAI most drivers waved to each other regardless of operator.

I don't recall any Dublin Bus driver saying there would be any animosity towards GAI drivers!!

They're just doing a job to make ends meet like Dublin Bus drivers.

Tickityboo wrote: »
    I don't recall any Dublin Bus driver saying there would be any animosity towards GAI drivers!!

They're just doing a job to make ends meet like Dublin Bus drivers.

All fine and dandy but some of us remember the disgraceful way Bus Eireann drivers blockaded Aircoach buses at Dublin airport in the early days because the notion of competition didn't sit too well with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

All fine and dandy but some of us remember the disgraceful way Bus Eireann drivers blockaded Aircoach buses at Dublin airport in the early days because the notion of competition didn't sit too well with them.

What has Bus Eireann got to do with Dublin Bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Part of the same parent company as is Irish Rail.:cool:

As well as being in common ownership (both are subsidiaries of Coras Iompar Eireann), a significant number of drivers across both companies are members of the same union - the National Bus and Rail Union (NBRU).

BE and DB are both heavily unionised and a certain cohort of the workforce of each company (and especially their union leaders) doesn't take kindly to any threat of exposure to commercial reality i.e. competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭StreetLight

It's a condition of employment within those companies. Prospective employees MUST be a member of a recognised trade union.

It's a condition of employment within those companies. Prospective employees MUST be a member of a recognised trade union.

I thought there was a Supreme Court case a long time ago which held that the constitutional right of association came with an implied right of disassociation and therefore an employer could not force someone (as a condition of their employment) to join a union?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Qrt

I thought there was a Supreme Court case a long time ago which held that the constitutional right of association came with an implied right of disassociation and therefore an employer could not force someone (as a condition of their employment) to join a union?

I was told this when I entered college. You can request your €8 back for the USI levy. Lecturer used the right to disassociation as a basis...

Ok this thread is getting off topic wasn't expecting a simple observation I made to derail the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

As well as being in common ownership (both are subsidiaries of Coras Iompar Eireann), a significant number of drivers across both companies are members of the same union - the National Bus and Rail Union (NBRU).

in relation to the statement which Tickityboo made in relation to both dublin bus and go ahead drivers having no issue with each other, and the further line of discussion in which Tickityboo asked as to what bus eireann had to do with dublin bus, your points do not show the relevance of bus eireann and dublin bus to each other, or to go ahead, nor do they show that dublin bus or bus eireann drivers will automatically have issues with go ahead drivers.
    BE and DB are both heavily unionised and a certain cohort of the workforce of each company (and especially their union leaders) doesn't take kindly to any threat of exposure to commercial reality i.e. competition.

and yet (at least to my understanding anyway) dublin bus and bus eireann have always had some competition, whether it be small operators and later, bigger operators, they have never been completely competition free.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

No it is not, in fact there are many non unionised members within the CIE group.

Such a condition is unconstitutional, there has been a few court cases regarding this and as coylemj has stated there is indeed a Supreme Court decision on the matter, and ironically the most authoritative case on the matter involved CIE (rail division) workers in the Supreme Court Meskell vs CIE [1973] IR 121 case.

Interview with Ed Willis Go-Ahead Ireland Managing Director

https://fora.ie/go-ahead-ireland-privatisation-4279883-Oct2018/

Timetables for next tranche of services removed from GoAhead site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

Timetables for route 111/184/185 still on website coming into service on 21st October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Plenty of the ex DB fleet out and about - 142, 151 and 172s.

All with DB interior and BAC bye law signs etc... Do we expect these to be modded ?

Plenty of the ex DB fleet out and about - 142, 151 and 172s.

All with DB interior and BAC bye law signs etc... Do we expect these to be modded ?

I didn't realise they had 172 buses until I saw one at the weekend. Thought it was all older deliveries from 2014 and 15 SGs. They have GTs from 2012 and 13 aswell I think they only have about twelve of them but I've yet to see one in service.

I was on an ex DB GAI bus at the weekend and it had all the DB notices and the Wifi signs were replaced with stickers. The notices without DB branding remained. The notices which said "Thank you for travelling with DB" was replaced with a sticker saying "Thank you for travelling with GAI".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Absolute shít show.You couldn't make this stuff up.

Absolute shít show.You couldn't make this stuff up.

With all due respect, I doubt the average bus user even cares about what such signs on the interior of a bus says, most passengers have probably not even read them before, let alone notice the fact it hasn't changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭john boye

Whilst I agree it's minor and it's an odd thing to be getting upset about I do find it strange that GA wouldn't endeavour to make sure that all traces of the buses past life are removed.

• Advertisement

With all due respect, I doubt the average bus user even cares about what such signs on the interior of a bus says, most passengers have probably not even read them before, let alone notice the fact it hasn't changed.

Surprised DB didn't remove them themselves seeing as how they are so caught up with protection of their identity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

GM228 wrote: »
    Surprised DB didn't remove them themselves seeing as how they are so caught up with protection of their identity.

To be fair all the driver side stuff was rebranded. The BAC bye law sign was on top of the top deck exit window . The wifi signs have been replaced (on stairs and upper deck but all were peeling away).

The furnishings were all DB and tbh the bus didn't get a deep clean (rusty window screws , etched graffiti and faded coverings)

I could ignore all that but had gotten very used to charger ports which obviously aren't there on most of these.

Driver was under instruction/being monitored on my last one. Both guys really polite, helpful and well presented.

The mention of bye laws got me thinking, current BE, IE and DB bye laws are issued under the Transport Act 1950, wirh LUAS issued under the Transpprt (Railway Infrastructure) Act 2001. Both Acts give the CIE companies and TII the power to enact bye laws, but, currently there is no provision in law for the NTA/GA to make bye laws for GA services, wonder did the NTA overlook this and forget to lobby the Oireachtas for a legislative change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭rx8

Apparently, the NTA overlooked another very important item.... THE FAREBOX MONEY.
    GAI are not obliged to count or pass it on to the NTA, as it's not seemingly in their contract. Sitting in a corner in bags in Ballymount, awaiting collection. Whenever the NTA gets around to it.

Also, the issue of DB looking after the lost property is an absolute joke. WTF are they smoking in O'Connell St. They say they can't afford to turn down the money they're being paid to collect it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

rx8 wrote: »
    Apparently, the NTA overlooked another very important item.... THE FAREBOX MONEY.
    GAI are not obliged to count or pass it on to the NTA, as it's not seemingly in their contract. Sitting in a corner in bags in Ballymount, awaiting collection. Whenever the NTA gets around to it.

Also, the issue of DB looking after the lost property is an absolute joke. WTF are they smoking in O'Connell St. They say they can't afford to turn down the money they're being paid to collect it.

Can't be too many corners in Ballymount :cool:

New style bus stops on greystones main street now this morning.

• Advertisement

GM228 wrote: »
    The mention of bye laws got me thinking, current BE, IE and DB bye laws are issued under the Transport Act 1950, wirh LUAS issued under the Transpprt (Railway Infrastructure) Act 2001. Both Acts give the CIE companies and TII the power to enact bye laws, but, currently there is no provision in law for the NTA/GA to make bye laws for GA services, wonder did the NTA overlook this and forget to lobby the Oireachtas for a legislative change.

There are draft NTA bye-laws in circulation,largely identical to the 1999 BAC ones.

This has not been overlooked,but may well be trapped in an administrative log-jam awaiting a swift Ministerial Signature ?

It's not important until there is an "issue" which requires legal power to pursue...then it will be rapidly addressed.... ;)

New style bus stops on greystones main street now this morning.

New style as in DB stops removed and replaced with the new TFI style of bus stops or the DB logos simply replaced with the TFI Bus logo which can be seen on most stops along the 45a, 59, 63 and 75 routes.

New style as in DB stops removed and replaced with the new TFI style of bus stops or the DB logos simply replaced with the TFI Bus logo which can be seen on most stops along the 45a, 59, 63 and 75 routes.

yes but its the first time i've seen them out here :)

yes but its the first time i've seen them out here :)

Just wondering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭BowWow

Saw my first GA double decker today (not many out in Howth area), was out this way on driver training. Blue colour looks much better in the flesh than it does in pictures. Actually don't like the amount of yellow on the bus, to be honest I don't know why there is any requirement for yellow. If it was necessary would it not be on buses worldwide?

• Advertisement
Advertisement