Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Its just the extent of her publicity, every single day on the newspaper or rte website there is some stupid update (for anyone who cares) about her life. And she is shamelessly jumping in on the current mental health trend of "being open with the world about my suffering" just for more column inches. 100% she does not suffer from anxiety as she simply wouldn't be able to do all these Z List events if she did..

has she Taken over Bressies role as the celeb mental health campaigner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

didnt one of her "documentaries" have her saying she had an anxiety attack after not getting enough likes for a Instagram post.....it irks me I see articles on her on social media pages of news sites or Bings page with links to articles about absolutely nothing important about her...saw one a few months back her saying she was excited for a wedding she was going to....is that news????

RTE and the D4 media will keep finding her roles no doubt to keep her in the limeligh, former dj/model/influencer/westlife wag/reality "star"/ award winning author (who actually got less than 1000 book sales)/Newspaper columnist and im probably forgetting more stuff they've tried to shoehorn her into

That's nuts if her anxiety was over an Instagram post. What do RTE actually get out of her, though? Its not her personality, they don't care about her life so I can only conclude that its money, that her Instagram and documentaries and photoshoots make money for them and they are going to milk every last drop out of her until the day she doesn't make money. Whether she is too stupid to realise this, or too much of a narcissist to care, who knows..

But its very sad that anyone even follows her life, I presume mostly young people who look up to her. She isn't anyone of importance at the end of the day, never did anything amazing. She wouldn't be able to answer "Whats your job?".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Joe Lyndsey on Getaways

Argghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭trashcan

bobbyss wrote: »
    Well said and I could go on. He falls into a job with RTE. Is he a ... 'broadcaster' now? I'm sure he will be 'presenting' charity marathon type of things on TV next. Promoting himself more like it. The state of him posing for the 'goodbye tour' or whatever it's called. Dressed like a twelve year old. Fancies himself big time. Fancied himself as a footballer too. Didn't make the grade at Leeds it seems. Too small apparently...

Ahh I feel better now.

You forgot to mention his incredibly annoying voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

has she Taken over Bressies role as the celeb mental health campaigner

Bressie's doing a podcast soon...

Ughhh....there'll be interviews from the usual suspects to help promote it.

Is there anyone in this country who ISN'T doing a podcast?! I tend to avoid those 'celeb' nattering ones like the plague. Even Marc Maron 's podcast got tired after a while.

• Advertisement

Bressie's doing a podcast soon...

Ughhh....there'll be interviews from the usual suspects to help promote it.

Is there anyone in this country who ISN'T doing a podcast?! I tend to avoid those 'celeb' nattering ones like the plague. Even Marc Maron 's podcast got tired after a while.

blindboy boatclub will have competition for the most sanctimonius prat podcast award

will bressie charge 5g for a podcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Charlie Day. Well, it's not inexplicable, it's his voice. But some people seem to think I should be able to get over his voice. I can't. For that reason I can never watch It's Always Sunny.

blindboy boatclub will have competition for the most sanctimonius prat podcast award

will bressie charge 5g for a podcast?

I have no idea. There was a bit in the Herald about him, and he sounded like he just spent his entire time formulating a cure for a terminal illness as well as curing world hunger.

Instead, he had done a masters in Psychology....and talked about the struggles of 'hitting the books'.

When did we reach the level of 'Reading is such a struggle... what with all the words and ...stuff'.

Didn't he use to make music? Or alleged music?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,063 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The thing that really exposes Vogue as the fame junkie she wants to be, is that she first came to prominence as Brian McFadden's other half. When that ended, she became this all-encompassing journalist/documentary maker on the back of being his ex, from south Dublin etc.

But now that she married some rich lad and had his sprog, her "journalistic work" has dried up and she has reverted back to the "WAG" role.

Vanity doesn't even describe her enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The thing that really exposes Vogue as the fame junkie she wants to be, is that she first came to prominence as Brian McFadden's other half. When that ended, she became this all-encompassing journalist/documentary maker on the back of being his ex, from south Dublin etc.

But now that she married some rich lad and had his sprog, her "journalistic work" has dried up and she has reverted back to the "WAG" role.

The nations “sweetheart”
    Me hole!

• Advertisement

Sadly,she became 'famous' before being McFadden's Second wife from an abomination of a show called Fade Street.
    Nobody watched it. There were quite a few shows round that time that were just trash (Dublin Housewives-except only a two women were actually married) because they were trying to cash in on things like the Hills.

The show 'faded' from memory pretty quickly because even Irish people can smell a stinker from a mile away (the Podge and Rodge revival was just as confusing as The Love Ulster parade, and met with as much positivity).
    It was bizarre-RTE were hit by the recession, like everyone else, but came up with the worst god damn shows they possibly every produced round the time of Fade Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Darren Kennedy https://g.co/kgs/jvhmMG

(I don't know how to insert a clickable link from mobile.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Ashling Thompson - I assault people but Imthe victim

Ashling Thompson - I assaulted people but I am the victim

I swear, only in this f**king climate could someone injure another individual, go to court, get convicted of it-and pull the 'I'm a victim' s**t.
    And worst of all, with the likes of Thomson, is she probably used the 'mental illness' card to hide behind her behaviour.

If there's one thing that absolutely p**ses on my cornflakes, it's people who use their mental illness to cause harm to someone else-be it physical or emotional. Once you harm another individual and pull the 'muh illness' bull crap, without a hint of remorse-you're excrement. I've dealt with enough people who pulled that crap so that doesn't fly with me.

She'll probably be doing the 'I'm so ashamed of my actions' Late Late Show tour in 2020.
    At least her sponsors saw thru her crap and dropped her like a hot potato.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I swear, only in this f**king climate could someone injure another individual, go to court, get convicted of it-and pull the 'I'm a victim' s**t.
    And worst of all, with the likes of Thomson, is she probably used the 'mental illness' card to hide behind her behaviour.

If there's one thing that absolutely p**ses on my cornflakes, it's people who use their mental illness to cause harm to someone else-be it physical or emotional. Once you harm another individual and pull the 'muh illness' bull crap, without a hint of remorse-you're excrement. I've dealt with enough people who pulled that crap so that doesn't fly with me.

She'll probably be doing the 'I'm so ashamed of my actions' Late Late Show tour in 2020.
    At least her sponsors saw thru her crap and dropped her like a hot potato.

Why do you think this PR activity is happening? It's I suspect all part of the rehabilitation of her image....one objective of which will be to attract new (and former) sponsors.

I'm waiting for the Al Porter version - coming soon no doubt with AN EXCLUSIVE 8 PAGE INTERVIEW WITH BARRY EGAN in the Sindo.

Why do you think this PR activity is happening? It's I suspect all part of the rehabilitation of her image....one objective of which will be to attract new (and former) sponsors.

I'm waiting for the Al Porter version - coming soon no doubt with AN EXCLUSIVE 8 PAGE INTERVIEW WITH BARRY EGAN in the Sindo.

They love to 'rehab' their image, don't they? Never talk to the victims, either. Just tried to paint herself as the victim.

Yeah, I've often left someone with a fractured jaw and slowly realised 'Oh man, I'm totally the victim here'. No I haven't.
    Gosh help her poor parents-she's back living with them, probably broke, and has about 2 months to pay €6,000. Which mommy and daddy will probably have to help her with lest she get a conviction.

And if she 'can't get the money together' who wants to be she'll play victim there too? Happened with another Footballer who didn't pay a cent to his victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

No time for Egan ( Ego) myself, hate his fawning writing style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

As bad if not worse goes on in the Tropics and Polar zone.

rushfan wrote: »
    No time for Egan ( Ego) myself, hate his fawning writing style.

He gets bashed alot by Oliver Callan-a guy who used to work as a journalist, and probably knows the 'fawning' idiots who every 'pleb celeb' wanted to be interviewed by. No talent, just a douche.
    As bad if not worse goes on in the Tropics and Polar zone.

*Claps* Bravo, Bravo * Claps*

I was more talking about the Socio-emotional climate we have now-where literally EVERYONE is a victim. Some randomer shoots me, they're the victim of a tragic upbringing...never mind there are thousands who are victims of crappy childhoods, but didn't pick up a gun to shoot someone.

It's like this tbh-everyone's a victim.

Thomson punched two people, fracturing one of their jaws, and suddenly she was the victim because she was in the spotlight and it was so stressful on her mental health. Fer Cripes sake, if you're so worried about your reputation (which many of us who aren't in the spotlight are) you don't punch someone, and you absolutely don't punch two randomers in one night. Never mind that she potentially jeopardized their careers.

She used her whole 'fame' as the reasons the media reported on her behaviour... but you could argue her 'fame' meant she got treated far more leniently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

Its nothing more than a silly analogy that didn't really make sense and was irrelevant....but ff ,the holy joe FG'rs and the church can f off if they're offended by it.....cnts

It was a cheap shot, totally out of place, from a superficial little cnt if you want to talk about cnts.

It was a cheap shot, totally out of place, from a superficial little cnt if you want to talk about cnts.

It was the implications-and we all knew the implications. He essentially implied Micheal Martin was a paedophile. Knowing the scurrlious situation that could have led to, as well as the legal ramifications if he hadn't apologised, it was 'beyond' the holy joes of the country.
    If he's been living under a rock for the last 40 years (he's so vacuous he could have been looking at himself in a mirror the whole time, so it's possible.) then that could explain why he didn't know about the implications.
    But it's no excuse for it.

Never mind if someone had made a joke about him being Muslim and said something like 'well, FG's last electoral performance was Shi'ite under your leadership' there would have been calls for that person to step down, or they would be fired, accusations of racism etc etc.

Leo's a simpering idiot who talks the talk, but can't walk the walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Jaysus lads. Would ye not give telly watching a break for a while? I barely watch telly at all so I don't know who a lot of the people ye are talking about are. And maybe don't click on stories about Vogue Williams if you don't like Vogue Williams? These things are easily avoided. A lot of you seem to genuinely hate people who have no connection to your life at all. I can understand to an extent with Ashling Thompson but why do Vogue, Pamela Flood and the like make you so angry? Get outside and get some fresh air!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Karl Deeter, but I dont feel its inexplicable at all.

Autecher wrote: »
    Jaysus lads. Would ye not give telly watching a break for a while? I barely watch telly at all so I don't know who a lot of the people ye are talking about are. And maybe don't click on stories about Vogue Williams if you don't like Vogue Williams? These things are easily avoided. A lot of you seem to genuinely hate people who have no connection to your life at all. I can understand to an extent with Ashling Thompson but why do Vogue, Pamela Flood and the like make you so angry? Get outside and get some fresh air!

Theres about 50 articles in the papers/on their social media about Pamela and Vogue/Amy Huberman daily ...its kind of hard to ignore when they pedal the same article every hour on the indo site about Pamela and her refusal to pay her mortgage or Vogue Williams uses the jacks when she was caught short in Dundrum Shopping centre or Hubeman's 50th tv show which tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

David McCullagh........ can’t stand him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Theres about 50 articles in the papers/on their social media about Pamela and Vogue/Amy Huberman daily ...its kind of hard to ignore when they pedal the same article every hour on the indo site about Pamela and her refusal to pay her mortgage or Vogue Williams uses the jacks when she was caught short in Dundrum Shopping centre or Hubeman's 50th tv show which tanks
    So stop going to the indo site? I don't know who Vogue (other than her being Brian McFadden's ex) is and I look at news sites every day. I do see things about Pamela Flood sometimes but I just don't read them because I don't know who she is. As I said easily ignored if you want to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Each time I think of someone I can't stand, I want to add their names to this thread. Then I then realise that I can't add their names as the reasons for disliking them are not at all inexplicable.

I'll have a go with this one though: Robin Williams.

(Are we allowed to add dead people to this thread?)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Each time I think of someone I can't stand, I want to add their names to this thread. Then I then realise that I can't add their names as the reasons for disliking them are not at all inexplicable.

I'll have a go with this one though: Robin Williams.

(Are we allowed to add dead people to this thread?)

You get at least!

Also +1 on Robin Williams, always did my head in. Everyone loves him but I found him to be a melter. Family Guy took him off really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Matt Cooper is getting insufferable since the election of President Trump. I used to like him actually

He cannot have a show without playing some clip or reading a tweet and going wild with smugness. Even something like that 1776 airports gaffe has bould Matt so happy

Very little Irish content on his show anyway

Advertisement