Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racing Syndicate.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Good luck with it. On ratings he will struggle as the weights are framed around the purchase price for that race from memory but some achievement to even get a runner good enough to compete in such a race, you never know he might improve and give them a rattle. Will cheer him on for you. Are you traveling over for it. Watson is a great jockey to get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

BumperD wrote: »
    Good luck with it. On ratings he will struggle as the weights are framed around the purchase price for that race from memory but some achievement to even get a runner good enough to compete in such a race, you never know he might improve and give them a rattle. Will cheer him on for you. Are you traveling over for it. Watson is a great jockey to get

Thank you,i agree he has an almost impossible task on paper with a few in the race that ran well at Ascot,but as entry was made (and paid for)some time ago we have little to lose and last weeks run should have sharpened him up.

If he runs reasonably well we will be happy and he can win again in his own grade later on.Ascot sometimes takes a lot out of 2 year olds and Fahey's two may not run to form.

Whatever happens we will enjoy ourselves and hopefully get word for a winner or two, i like Couer De Lion in the good 2 mile handicap at 2.25 and will back it ew even though King also has Who Dares Wins in the race but he may be better over further.

I am going over on sat morning as i may never again have an interest in one in a £250,000 race and hope to have the craic on sat night in Newmarket.We have a late flight home on sun we will not be in any hurry to bed.

No joy,the ground went against us but the horse really was not good enough,jockey said he did not like the ground and will go much better on good ground.

We all had a great day,Weatherbys (sponsors) were unreal,we had a free bar all day,our own table,excellent food all day in our box looking out on the racecourse about 50 yards before the finishing ling.

They accomodated 12 of us without a bother and we got badges with the name of our horse and our colours as a souvenir.

It would have been great had the horse finished a bit closer but thats racing and all going well Manolith will run in a class 4 in Chester next saturday.

MANOLITH is in the 5.10 at Carlisle tuesday,the heavy ground is not exactly what we wanted but if he runs it will be interesting to see how he handles it.

He would have a decent chance on known form (leaving the ground out of it) and i will give an update when i know a bit more.

We are not sure if MANOLITH will handle the ground but he is going to take his chance.The fact that its heavy may mean he will get through it better than he did at Newbury when the ground was sticky.

I backed MANOLITH but invested less than i would if the ground was better,i am hopeful of a good run but would have been confident on good ground.

We are not sure if MANOLITH will handle the ground but he is going to take his chance.The fact that its heavy may mean he will get through it better than he did at Newbury when the ground was sticky.

I backed MANOLITH but invested less than i would if the ground was better,i am hopeful of a good run but would have been confident on good ground.

That will be his last run on soft.

Manolith runs in the 5.50 at Lingfield tomorrow (turf) in a race where the 5 runners seem much of a muchness and normally i would not be likely to have a bet.
    In our favour is the fact that Manolith should be suited by the GF ground.If back to to his earlier form he would probably win and if we can put a couple of poor runs down to the soft ground we might get a result.

i will update tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

thanks Zimmer , keep the info coming

MANOLITH is in good form and there is some surprise at his price,it seems a bit too big.His two poor runs on soft ground are probably responsible for the price and it is getting bigger as i write.

His York run and his winning form would entitle him to go well today. i have backed him ew and will have more on when i hear from the track.I do not wish to see anyone lose money on the horse but i believe if one ignores his two poor runs on bad ground there is sufficient evidence to think he can win and is good value at the price (around 10s) and am hopeful of a result.

• Advertisement

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

Superb!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Some finish from him after being rushed off his feet. Fair play Zimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

bookman2 wrote: »
    Superb!

Lovely What kind of rule 4 are we looking at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Beauty, had him ew, do I get the place too, or can you do ew in 4 horse race ?

begbysback wrote: »
    Beauty, had him ew, do I get the place too, or can you do ew in 4 horse race ?

Win only

• Advertisement

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Win only

So just money back on place?

begbysback wrote: »
    So just money back on place?

You'll get you place bet refunded .

Can’t be too greedy I guess, thanks op

I actually got paid for the place, think you can do a place in a 4 horse race, didn’t ask, just took the money and ran

You'll get you place bet refunded .

No guys fortunately place money goes on to win,usually that spells bad news but today it makes my chunky bet a bit chunkier,some night planned and if he only gets 3 or 4 lbs from the handicapper he looks a ready winner over an extra furlong.

• Advertisement

Lovely What kind of rule 4 are we looking at

The money is in my account from 1 of my bets with PP, place money went on for a win and 15 cent in the euro deducted,so a good outcome having missed the break,i have a bet placed with Boyles in the shop at 9s and will see what deduction they make tomorrow.

The money is in my account from 1 of my bets with PP, place money went on for a win and 15 cent in the euro deducted,so a good outcome having missed the break,i have a bet placed with Boyles in the shop at 9s and will see what deduction they make tomorrow.

Well done Zimmermania

Cheers Zimmer

keep the info coming , you're a legend

YTB have one running in the first at Catterick tomorrow,its a half brother to our good horse PRINCE ELZAAM who we sold for£60,000 last year after winning twice for us,not bad for a 15 grand investment and it will be great if this one is as good.

The last i heard this fellow was going ok at home and i will be in touch when i get an indication of to expect tomorrow.

SEAS OF ELZAAM is expected to run well.i do not like backing unraced two year olds but this fellow is working well and we expect him to run a good race.

Whether he can win first time out is another matter particularly as he is drawn 11 and low numbers are favoured.Despite the draw i have already backed the horse ew at 8s and we won this race last year with his half brother Prince Elzaam who was heavily backed so heres hoping our luck continues and the horse runs with promise at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Looks like there is plenty of confidence with this one's chances.

7/2 now.

Best of luck Zimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Big gamble on it - I'm gonna put it in a yankee and back it on the off too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

11/4 in PP currently..

Seas 0f Elzaam ran well for a first run and showed enough to think he can win races and we are happy with the run.

Tudhope found himself trapped out wide when trying to challenge,it was a tall order trying to win from the 11 stall and we are happy with the run.ARRIBA ARRIBA showed promise two runs back and the horse who beat him,Queens Order( getting a few lbs) was beaten four and a half lengths in a group 3 in Chantilly next time.

It is always tricky first time out and at 8/1 ew we are covered,looks sure to win a race on that run and will be better for the experience.

SEAS OF ELZAAM entered in Pontrefact tomorrow.Drawn 9 of 10.It is always hard to figure the Pontefract draw over 5 furlongs low numbers on the rail should have an advantage as there is a bend to the left after halfway.
    However a good early position in the top 3 or 4 is probably more important as the last couple of furlongs are the stiffest in the Uk (more or less) and front runners can burn themselves out and drop away.
    On balance I would say a horse should be "handy" turning in. Will post tonight or early tomorrow but I reckon the race is winnable.

• Advertisement

SEAS OF ELZAAM entered in Pontrefact tomorrow.Drawn 9 of 10.It is always hard to figure the Pontefract draw over 5 furlongs low numbers on the rail should have an advantage as there is a bend to the left after halfway.
    However a good early position in the top 3 or 4 is probably more important as the last couple of furlongs are the stiffest in the Uk (more or less) and front runners can burn themselves out and drop away.
    On balance I would say a horse should be "handy" turning in. Will post tonight or early tomorrow but I reckon the race is winnable.

To put it simply,we think it will win.

I have backed it already as i believe 11/4 will not be available at post time.

If a bigger price is available i will take it and i am confident that he will win.2.10 Pontrefact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

To put it simply,we think it will win.

I have backed it already as i believe 11/4 will not be available at post time.

If a bigger price is available i will take it and i am confident that he will win.2.10 Pontrefact.

Seems to be on the drift this morning

Looks like a couple of others are fancied a little bit more but an open race, will put some manolith winnings on, good luck op

Some money for a couple and the draw is probably the cause of the drift.I am hoping for a good show and the price is good.

SEAS OF ELZAAM is out again tomorrow in the 1.40 at Catterick and has something to prove after a disappointing run last time.

The ground may not be ideal but there are not too many options so he will take his chance.OMeara has one with good form in the race and the fact that SEAS is having his 3rd run would suggest he might not be knocked about if a winning chance has gone.

However he is better than his last run and this race might not be the hardest race in the world so i will not be surprised if he runs well.

If anything positive to report i will post here tomorrow.

Doing his best if not involved handicap mark will be obtained.

SEAS OF ELZAAM is out again tomorrow in the 1.40 at Catterick and has something to prove after a disappointing run last time.

The ground may not be ideal but there are not too many options so he will take his chance.OMeara has one with good form in the race and the fact that SEAS is having his 3rd run would suggest he might not be knocked about if a winning chance has gone.

However he is better than his last run and this race might not be the hardest race in the world so i will not be surprised if he runs well.

If anything positive to report i will post here tomorrow.

Ran well and looked for while as if he might win,got 22/1 for a modest ew bet and he looks as if he will win races and pay his way.

We got our second colt for this year at the Ascot breeze up sales today.A Free Eagle colt out of Best Be Careful,a big strong colt who breezed well and should be running in about 6 weeks.

Runs in the Yorkthoroughbred racing colours and will be trained in Newmarket by Tom Clover,a young trainer who is not long set up on his own.

Its been a long wait but the colt was growing fast and Tom said we should give him time,i saw the horse work a couple of times and he seemed to be coming along nicely.

It was decided to geld him and he was gradually brought along and we like him.

Hoping to run on the 25th of january and a group will be going over.I took a chance that everything goes to plan and booked flights and a 2 night stay in the Bedford Lodge in Newmarket and will go racing regardless.

If things work out i hope we avoid Haggas,Godolphin and Gosden horses that cost a fortune (hardly likely i will keep the couple? of boardies interested informed as soon as i know for certain but that is the plan.

We got our second colt for this year at the Ascot breeze up sales today.A Free Eagle colt out of Best Be Careful,a big strong colt who breezed well and should be running in about 6 weeks.

Runs in the Yorkthoroughbred racing colours and will be trained in Newmarket by Tom Clover,a young trainer who is not long set up on his own.

Its been a long wait but the colt was growing fast and Tom said we should give him time,i saw the horse work a couple of times and he seemed to be coming along nicely.

It was decided to geld him and he was gradually brought along and we like him.

Hoping to run on the 25th of january and a group will be going over.I took a chance that everything goes to plan and booked flights and a 2 night stay in the Bedford Lodge in Newmarket and will go racing regardless.

If things work out i hope we avoid Haggas,Godolphin and Gosden horses that cost a fortune (hardly likely i will keep the couple? of boardies interested informed as soon as i know for certain but that is the plan.

• Advertisement

Thanks Zimmer

where are u posting your selections these days ?

chopperp wrote: »
    Thanks Zimmer

where are u posting your selections these days ?

As always on today's fancies.Had some nice winners since new year.

can you send me the link ?

chopperp wrote: »
    can you send me the link ?

Link? its on Boards where i always posted.

Well the plan to get Wise Eagle out for his first ever run
    On the 25th has worked out and flights and hotel bookings not wasted.
    Jack Mitchell has agreed to do the steering in the 1.45 at Lingfied it's too early to know what he is up against but a good run is expected as we have been patient.

I will be in the yard on friday and I will update on sat as early as possible

22 entries if more than 12 declare the race will divide so let's hope final decs have 13!

• Advertisement

It could have been better ,all the horses with form stayed in 12 runners we got the car park draw in box 12,nothing we can do about it and we are going to run so we can only be hopeful will post again when we know more.

I had a score ew at 40to 1 online with Pp.have not spoken to Tom yet but other connections feel that we are up against it and our one will sit in and try to finish well it is trying but will not be knocked about if chance gone.

Horse is in good nick and we are hoping that despite the draw he runs well.I will post a final word from the course tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

cracking run by it. you'd have to be happy with that.

bookman2 wrote: »
    cracking run by it. you'd have to be happy with that.

Very happy jack said he was green but
    Galloped on well when he got the hang of it.

WISE came out of the race well and it transpires that he pulled off a shoe yesterday so the run was certainly promising and we feel he will win for us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement