Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-01-2019, 10:00   #46
Outlaw Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyana Famous Peephole View Post
I can't wait for the sjws to get their way on gender neutral toilets then the real complaining will get under way.
Any unisex toilet I've been in has been pristine. The one in the Lighthouse cinema for example.

Perhaps some are better behaved when they think the opposite sex might witness their inconsideration.
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 10:05   #47
OldGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorya View Post
This is a brand new phrase I wish I had not just learned.
Like I said, there may be some personal factors involved.

Thanks from:
11-01-2019, 10:06   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Pete View Post
Any unisex toilet I've been in has been pristine. The one in the Lighthouse cinema for example.

Perhaps some are better behaved when they think the opposite sex might witness their inconsideration.
I'm just imagining some posh one in the cubicle next to some auld fella letting out a skitter laden Guinness fart. I doubt if he would give a toss about etiquette tbh.
11-01-2019, 10:20   #49
stoneill

It's all culchies - with their culchie sh1te and their culchie piss...
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 10:21   #50
JohnnyFlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyana Famous Peephole View Post
I'm just imagining some posh one in the cubicle next to some auld fella letting out a skitter laden Guinness fart. I doubt if he would give a toss about etiquette tbh.
There’s few things more satisfying than pressing the eject button and firing out a dose of hot and sour Guinness effluent. Sounds like a box of shoes being thrown out of an attic.
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 10:24   #51
Ush1

My place is hilarious. It's a large MNC and lads would be taking loud, aggressive sh*tes while on the phone in the cubicles.
Thanks from:
11-01-2019, 10:24   #52
razorblunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongarboy View Post
I don't understand it either. It's not just pubs or clubs where the excuse of booze may be blamed for some guys etiquette! I've worked in the IFSC in Dublin for almost 20 years. Gleaming office buildings full of supposedly more cultured guys in expensive designer suits....but with disgusting toilet habits. Recently, in our 4 cubicle mens toilet, I had to walk in and out of 3 cubicles before I found the 4th cubicle being acceptable. i.e. that didn't have piss spatter over the seats or skid marks or unflushed crap in it. I cringed (ok I smirked) at the thought of a visiting client we were trying to win business from seeing this!

I like the way some toilets in the USA have disposable/flushable paper rings you put on the seat before using. Although if the seat is soaked with the previous user's deposits, that is still not enough of a safeguard!

Rule of thumb - Perform your No 2s at home at all costs - nothing worse than having the urge in a packed pub or club with just one cubicle and a queue waiting/smelling/knowing it's you causing the delay!!
Some good points there. The skidmarks can be forgiven in the event of no toilet brush being present. I imagine the toilet brush is missing as the last one was covered in shítty toilet paper.

Always do a dump at work. Find the trap that's acceptable. Getting paid to do a dump is one of life's little pleasures!
11-01-2019, 10:31   #53
Ush1

Ah here, the skidmarks thing, you're going in there to crap on it not eat your dinner off it! Very sensitive altogether.
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 11:10   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneill View Post
It's all culchies - with their culchie sh1te and their culchie piss...
Bet they don't do it at home. Retain all that fudgy sludge for the big schmoke then release the hatches on arrival.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 11:18   #55
Boom_Bap
Landfill

I just go in the cistern. Much bigger target so you rarely miss.
You just need to be a bit flexible, particularly in the under the stairs toilet.
11-01-2019, 11:32   #56
Sir Oxman

Walsh's Pub in Stoneybatter has the best, cleanest lovely smelling jacks in Ireland.
Fact.
(And a great pint of Guinness)
It must be cleaned every 30 seconds or less.
11-01-2019, 11:36   #57
Gimme A Pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptherebels View Post
I used to work as a porter in a busy four star hotel in the middle of a city when I was younger. Housekeeping would clean the women's during the day so we would only do it at night, but they are as bad as the gents.
As for the gents, **** on the walls, on top of the toilet roll holders ( imagine trying to clean the key slot on top of one of those). Toilets blocked from ****ty jocks that they tried to flush. Blobs of **** leading in (or out?) of the toilets and up the lobby, nevermind the poo footprints.
**** in places that you can't figure out how it got there as it looked like a spray.
The funny thing is I didn't notice the blobs because of the colour of floor tiles until I stood in it.
As a young lad I never understood why places wouldn't let you use the toilet unless you were a customer - then I worked in a hotel.
Women's toilets are as bad as that? Don't think I've ever been in one.
11-01-2019, 11:39   #58
TheIrishGrover

Clearly the OP has never been abroad or even outside of Dublin.........
Thanks from:
11-01-2019, 11:39   #59
Deebles McBeebles

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblunt View Post
Always do a dump at work. Find the trap that's acceptable. Getting paid to do a dump is one of life's little pleasures!
Could not agree more, I've even started adding up what I've earned while doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
Bet they don't do it at home. Retain all that fudgy sludge for the big schmoke then release the hatches on arrival.
Its payback for all the fine Dubs in our prisons outside the pale. Seems to be a family ticket to the countryside for most. You take our sh*te, we'll take yours.
Thanks from:
11-01-2019, 11:42   #60
Day Lewin

Ah, OP - I can tell you have never travelled on Indian railways?

Or used a public loo in Vietnam or China?

I've seen some rough ones in France, too.

So lay off the knocking "Irishmen" -

No man can aim a willy accurately down the loo (as far as I can tell, having cleaned many)

Its funny, they'll boast of being a sharpshooter with snooker cues or guns or video games, but a plain excretory organ and a bowl eighteen inches across, from a distance of a few inches, they still can't hit the bullseye.

One of those Life Mysteries.

Last edited by Day Lewin; 11-01-2019 at 13:06.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion