Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-01-2019, 16:12   #46
OldRio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower 27 View Post

As a 25 yo would I be attracted to a 50-year-old man? Never.

We clearly weren't meant to be ��
And what about the Multi millionaire 50 year old French Author?
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-01-2019, 16:13   #47
Outlaw Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixonbot View Post
Mods endorsing posts which attack a user personally now.

Have you read the charter?
(2) thanks from:
08-01-2019, 16:16   #48
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravelly View Post
Or, they could have approached him for an interview. Magazines do that I believe. Sounds a little more plausible than him phoning them up and saying "hey, I want to insult oul wans, you are a women's magazine, how bout it?"
yes - I'm sure that the interview in total also covered more than this subject alone. we don't know if the interviewer went after this subject either.
08-01-2019, 16:17   #49
Sunflower 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRio View Post
And what about the Multi millionaire 50 year old French Author?
No. Not every woman is impressed by money. Sleeping with a 50yo at 25, no way.
08-01-2019, 16:18   #50
HarveyHunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakka12 View Post
Dont see how it's sexist really. Majority of women arent conventionally attractive by that age, but neither are the men, so the annoying thing is he is no more attractive that the women hes putting down, he'll never get a 25 year old woman so its pretty irrelevant

That isn't remotely true, either in France or Ireland.

Ever notice Donald Trump is married to someone who looks-wise seems to be out of his league? It's a mystery and yet, it's common, if only there was an explanation...
Advertisement
08-01-2019, 16:20   #51
Rory28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower 27 View Post
No. Not ever woman is impressed by money. Sleeping with a 50yo at 25, no way.
Not every woman and its not just women. There are sugar daddys a plenty on the gay scene as well.

Also Bradd Pitt is 55.
08-01-2019, 16:24   #52
Candie

Brad Pitt is starting to look his age, although he looks good for it. That's a rare thing, like most relationships with decades between the couple. Most people pair off within their own age group but exceptions occur and it's often where extreme beauty or wealth are factors.

Melania wouldn't be with Donald if he was penniless, and likewise Donald wouldn't be with Melania if she was plain. If they're both getting what they want out of it then it's no-one elses business.
08-01-2019, 16:26   #53
gctest50

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_circus View Post

it's a lot to do with genetics. some people in their 50s look great while some in their 20s are wrote-off. but then the amazing looking 50 plusers look "amazing" because they look young.

08-01-2019, 16:27   #54
Zorya

My first, and pretty much only, reaction to Monsieur Moix is...Oh, my goodness, what the hell is going on with your Neanderthal forehead, you poor lad.

(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-01-2019, 16:31   #55
HarveyHunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorya View Post
My first, and pretty much only, reaction to Monsieur Moix is...Oh, my goodness, what the hell is going on with your Neanderthal forehead, you poor lad.

Same thing that goes on in most mens heads. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/15/s...women-age.html

We all know some men who will speak a good game about equality and attraction but when acting as anonymous individuals on a dating site they'll prefer younger women nearly every time.
Thanks from:
08-01-2019, 16:31   #56
wakka12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyHunt View Post
That isn't remotely true, either in France or Ireland.

Ever notice Donald Trump is married to someone who looks-wise seems to be out of his league? It's a mystery and yet, it's common, if only there was an explanation...
Yet most of us know hardly any 50 year old man dating a 25 year old

Im nearly 25 and the chances of most of my female friends dating a man that old is pretty much zero, people as young as that do not care about money. When women start settling down, then sure, money is a big advantage to men in the dating scene
08-01-2019, 16:32   #57
Harry Palmr

Not a very French point of view it should be said. Anyone who knows anything about French culture knows that the mature woman is considered "hot" Catherine Deneuve and others of her generation are walking goddess's.
Thanks from:
08-01-2019, 16:32   #58
Sunflower 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory28 View Post
Not every woman and its not just women. There are sugar daddys a plenty on the gay scene as well.

Also Bradd Pitt is 55.
So what? Should I be willing to sleep with Brad (it's one d, by the way) Pitt at any age just because he is Brad Pitt??

Men twice my age have never been not on my radar.
08-01-2019, 16:32   #59
Outlaw Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron de Charlus View Post
You've really got a chip on your shoulder about women, if you think that's what would happen.
Ignoring the lazy ad hominem: it's not about thinking it would happen, it would happen, and it wouldn't be just women that would say it either, there would be plenty of men that would have a go at any guy that suggested that there was something wrong with an older woman saying she preferred younger guys... and rightly so too, don't see what's wrong with either gender having a preference for younger men or women.

Older guys who like younger women are usually referred to as dirty old men, whereas women who like younger guys are referred to as cougars. Hell, they even had a TV show called Cougar Town. It's just not socially acceptable for men to say they prefer young women as it is for women to say they like young men and yes the latter is celebrated.

Here's the kind of thing I'm talking about:

https://theweek.com/articles/502298/...rs-younger-men
Thanks from:
08-01-2019, 16:33   #60
Zorya

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyHunt View Post
Same thing that goes on in most mens heads. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/15/s...women-age.html

We all know some men who will speak a good game about equality and attraction but when acting as anonymous individuals on a dating site they'll prefer younger women nearly every time.
Hahah no not IN his Neaderthal forehead, I mean his actual Neanderthal forehead Have you seen the state of that ridge?

I don't care what he thinks about women.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion