Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Coffee and a slice of apple tart .

Had a dirty McDonalds for brunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Having a beer watching the rugby ... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Had a dirty McDonalds for brunch.

Bet it was fecking gorgeous :D

Bet it was fecking gorgeous :D

Did the trick Mam. Extra fries! Woke up in an armchair starvin!

Lol , you'll sleep well tonight so G after last night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Roast beef dinner in the oven :) ya get sick of chipvan food 😂😂😂

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Iyer's again today for cassava wrap.
    Delicious as always, but he could do with shaking up the menu a bit. A curry would be good! Maybe when he moves into the new venue.

IMG-20190223-141815.jpg

That is savage looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Pizza, chips, and goujons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Shepherd's pie with mush peas.

Red wine and pringles.

• Advertisement

Red wine and pringles.

Have you tried the Tayto Muchos ?
    Folded tortilla snacks , sour cream and onion , I highly recommend !

No Sunday dinner as such , I don't believe you have to have a "roast" on a Sunday . Homemade chicken curry rice and chips :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

VW 1 wrote: »
    Shepherd's pie with mush peas.

Criminal! Has to be baked beans :)

Mushy peas are for fish fingers!

Nothing yet today, just coffee and a beer.
    Wraps later with salad, hummous and harissa. And soup.

Have you tried the Tayto Muchos ?
    Folded tortilla snacks , sour cream and onion , I highly recommend !

No Sunday dinner as such , I don't believe you have to have a "roast" on a Sunday . Homemade chicken curry rice and chips :)

Lunch was a cooked chicken and a large crusty fresh loaf, both from Dunnes with grated cheese, mayo etc.. Went down grand with the teens and their girlie's chocolate donuts after.. They're all meant to be getting a takeaway tonight but nothing ordered yet as still stuffed.

Preparing a mixed grill of Chips, sausages, bacon, burger, egg, beans and brown bread. Mad for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Pan fried salmon and a few potatoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Homemade apple tart and vanilla ice cream. I've started baking again recently, very therapeutic but brutal for the ould waistline. So far this week I've made dark chocolate orange cupcakes; Apple crumble with fresh custard; coffee slices, millionaires shortbread and Cornish pasties. Luckily I take most of the stuff to work so the lads there eat it all. :D

Homemade apple tart and vanilla ice cream. I've started baking again recently, very therapeutic but brutal for the ould waistline. So far this week I've made dark chocolate orange cupcakes; Apple crumble with fresh custard; coffee slices, millionaires shortbread and Cornish pasties. Luckily I take most of the stuff to work so the lads there eat it all. :D

Coffee slices yum.. Lucky work mates.

Wine, pringles fresh loaf with lashings of butter, chinese.. I've got the wine munchies 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

A Tayto sandwich , red wine- gluttony has been the theme of this day 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Chinese :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Chinese :)

Could do with a fiery kung po right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just had some noodles from Mao and it reminded me that the food there is always disappointing. It’s the only place I can order from in work this late that isn’t a burger place or a chipper. It's 'slightly' healthier but always something that I feel I could do a better job of making myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

A warm homemade blueberry scone dusted in sugar icing with real butter, jam and a cup of tea

Gonna have a lovely hot beef chili soon. Onions, peppers, kidney beans and jalapenos in the mix. Sour cream and mozzarella on top. Spoon at the ready with some crusty roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Roast chicken and spuds, mash, peas and gravy, burnt the carrots.

Having an Old Herold Bosácka Slivovica with ice and cranberry juice now, it 52% but it's smooth.

Could be too smooth for this operator and it might be an early night.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Gonna have a lovely hot beef chili soon. Onions, peppers, kidney beans and jalapenos in the mix. Sour cream and mozzarella on top. Spoon at the ready with some crusty roll.

That sounds amazing:)

I cooked beef in the slow cooker yesterday. This evening I shredded some of the leftovers and put it into a sauce I made with the leftover meat juices gravy, tinned tomatoes, garlic, mixed herbs and onions. A bolognese really I suppose. Ate it with tagliatelle and a glass of Shiraz.

wee donegal catch and chips :) simplicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Got paid today so fillet steak cooked medium rare, soft salty buttery mash and soft juicy petit pois and green beans. Steak drizzled with garlic butter and a sharing of creamy pepper sauce.

To finish, madiera loaf drizzled with icecream and covered in hot orange sauce with some Cointreau liquor....

Tomorrow, feckin aldi pizza!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^That dessert :eek: sounds mouth watering and now I want it ;)

Cod, carrots and mashed potatoes for dinner and now popcorn and maltesers

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    That sounds amazing:)

I cooked beef in the slow cooker yesterday. This evening I shredded some of the leftovers and put it into a sauce I made with the leftover meat juices gravy, tinned tomatoes, garlic, mixed herbs and onions. A bolognese really I suppose. Ate it with tagliatelle and a glass of Shiraz.

I make a great chili. I was taught by a good Mexican friend many moons ago. I still have that slight burning feel in my mouth. Not intense, just a satisfying reminder.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Chili cheese fries

Toasted rasher sandwich

Spinach and cheese veggie burger (lidl) with fried tomatoes, baked beans, harrisa and toasted rye bread with cucumber.

IMG-20190225-225440.jpg

mixed grill the works with brown soda bread.

bassy wrote: »
    mixed grill the works with brown soda bread.

Replied to ya there.;)

No time to cook for a while. It has to be a Chinese takeaway on a Tuesday. Mad busy. Mrs G has to cook. I left a cook book at home.:D

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Spinach and cheese veggie burger (lidl) with fried tomatoes, baked beans, harrisa and toasted rye bread with cucumber.

IMG-20190225-225440.jpg

I wouldn't eat that for a bet, sorry now but that looks like someone forgot to go shopping.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement

Had steak and mash with mushrooms and peas, then cheesecake and ice cream.

Having a Grunrock on the rocks to aid digestion of the last picture. (only joking igCorcaigh, drink was already poured).

I wouldn't eat that for a bet, sorry now but that looks like someone forgot to go shopping.

Ah jaysus Rows its not that bad at all. I'd eat it.

Ah jaysus Rows its not that bad at all. I'd eat it.

I was half regretting the post after I made it, I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings to be honest.

Sorry igCorcaigh.

I was half regretting the post after I made it, I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings to be honest.

Sorry igCorcaigh.

Now I must admit the cucumber can go feck itself.:D But the rest is similar to dishes I've knocked up for dinner. The other morning I had waffles with ham and cheese melted on top with beans. Did the trick!

There's a time and a place for beans in my estimation, breakfast is fine the odd time and their lovely with a messy chip and big fry dinner the odd time but that's about it.

I'd probably just pick at the bread if one of my in laws served me that, and believe me they're capable of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mccoys salt and vinegar

LOL! I wanted to use things up, and I always have beans with vegeburgers. Notice how careful I was to keep the beans and cukes strictly separate!

Spaghetti Bolognese

Hummous and roasted red pepper (from a jar, love them) on rye bread. Mandatory chilli flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

2 rashers, 2 sausages, fried egg, potato croquettes, plum tomatoes, beans, mug of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

I'd probably just pick at the bread if one of my in laws served me that, and believe me they're capable of it.

For someone that's "trying not to hurt anyone's feelings" you're really digging a hole.. I think it looks fine apart from the cucumber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

A lovely roll with rashers, scallion, lettuce and mayonnaise. A mini roll for dessert :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Coffee & donut

For someone that's "trying not to hurt anyone's feelings" you're really digging a hole.. I think it looks fine apart from the cucumber

Don't worry about it dawg, it's only a bit of banter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Oven chips, onion rings with beans

• Advertisement
Advertisement