Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Rosita

McMurphy wrote: »

He certainly sounded like a FF shill in the last election, hence my opinions on the man.

As has been pointed out Harris has always been a political chameleon. To keep linking him to FF is a bit like himself linking everything to SF. It quickly becomes an echo chamber.

I'm not too bothered about what he got up to historically, my posts are based on the latest election held here in this state, and the unashamed bias shown towards Harris mere days before the election where he was giving it socks against the shinners, then praising Michaél Martin In the very next breath, and then Martin himself appears literally in the next slot on the same radio show. I posted about it at the time, and it was widely discussed on here.

He certainly sounded like a FF shill in the last election, hence my opinions on the man.

I’m sure he was. I don’t listen to the radio much. I think that the establishment wants a resurrected FF, to ward off SF. In general though his ideas on unionism and the war of independence are hardly those of the average FF voter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Rosita wrote: »
    As has been pointed out Harris has always been a political chameleon. To keep linking him to FF is a bit like himself linking everything to SF. It quickly becomes an echo chamber.

I'm linking him to FF based on his support for them in the last election, if his colours change and he hitched his wagon to some other party in a future election, I'll call accuse him of shilling for whoever that might be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Harris always saw himself as the Commissar, rather than the worker in the revolution.

He has a brilliant mind but a disturbed ego twists everything in that.

Ultimately did he ever believe in anything?

He has regularly jumped from one side to the next, it was always about where he could turn a trick

The world not recognizing his brilliance made him angry and resentful.

Same with Myers, would he have been so bitter towards those 2 "Jewesses" and their pay, if he himself had not been wronged by a world who didn't recognize his genius.

Angry at the world, resentful and selling that for money.

Pity that they never got the help that they so desperately needed. Victims of their own minds and the problem within that.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Didn’t he screenwrite Sharpe? He also had a movie written about Michael Collins and didn’t like it when Neil Jordan used another script?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any info on the name of the account?

Barabara Pym was an English novelist, sort of 20th-century Jane Austen, who wrote about vicars and repressed spinsters. Neither of her middle names was 'J' so maybe that refers to one of the people behind the account. (Going a bit Line of Duty here:P)

Also, wonder is the account avatar an actual person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭LeakyLime

Kumejima wrote: »
    I'm with Tyler the Creator on this one.

"Hahahahahaha How the F%$k is cyberbulling real hahahaha Ni%$a just walk away from the screen Like Ni^%a Close your eyes Hahaha"

Amazing how quickly all these strong independent women fall apart when A Powerful Man (TM) doesn't blow smoke up their ass. Quick somebody get them an interview with Miriam O Callaghan so they can talk about how the ordeal affected them and left them vulnerable "as a woman".

Public discourse used to be male - robust, sometimes brutal with no quarter asked or given.
    Its now been feminised so its now a non-contact sport.

The boys are playing rugby, the girls tag rugby

No wonder so many men are being fired. The game has been changed out from underneath them and they haven't copped it.

Wow another un-believable amazing take on this story.

Robust discourse is welcomed - hiding behind an anonymous account and abusing people is not robust discourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭golfball37

What’s telling on the account is there are/were over 15 journalists from IT and INM following it. Oh and Lord Kilclooney

Barabara Pym was an English novelist, sort of 20th-century Jane Austen, who wrote about vicars and repressed spinsters. Neither of her middle names was 'J' so maybe that refers to one of the people behind the account. (Going a bit Line of Duty here:P)

You couldn't make this up.... Seems it's a stock photo from a couple of sites.... This being the first one.....

IMG-20210507-112133.jpg

Eoghan might be browsing that site this morning flat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,079 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Avatar was a stock photo used by a few other US businesses I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Rosita

I'm linking him to FF based on his support for them in the last election, if his colours change and he hitched his wagon to some other party in a future election, I'll call accuse him of shilling for whoever that might be too.

There's no "if his colours change" - they always have. Sinn Féin, the Workers Party, Labour.................in fact FF might be about the only party he has not been a member of in the past.

You'll get whiplash 'call accusing' him if you set yourself those standards you'll be changing targets so much. But really would you be as agitated if it were the Green Party or FG rather than FF he fetishised?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I reckon Harris was a terrific vote getter for Sinn Fein , He wrote about them every week without fail and blamed them for everything and anything , it was neurotic in the extreme , They will miss him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Piehead wrote: »
    Didn’t he screenwrite Sharpe? He also had a movie written about Michael Collins and didn’t like it when Neil Jordan used another script?

He also wrote the Big Bow Wow, that was a sort of Batchelors Walk type drama shown by RTE in the early 00s. It was terrible and widely panned.

No media is impartial they all have agendas (even boards.ie). The Independent's was abundantly clear. And it even annoyed me I am not a SF supporter, but it did get farcical at times. They looked for angles where there was not one or invented ones that might be happening. It might have well have been a boards.ie thread instead of journalism.

However, the cynic in me thinks that the journalist Aoife Moore from The Examiner will now write a book/piece/article etc about her 'trauma' and maybe even end up on dancing with the stars or the like??

would not surprise me , shes a rubbish journalist , then again so are most journos under forty nowadays

Rosita wrote: »
    There's no "if his colours change" - they always have. Sinn Féin, the Workers Party, Labour.................in fact FF might be about the only party he has not been a member of in the past.

You'll get whiplash 'call accusing' him if you set yourself those standards you'll be changing targets so much. But really would you be as agitated if it were the Green Party or FG rather than FF he fetishised?

I'm not agitated in the slightest, I just pointed out his shilling for them in the last election.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

He's more than just a contrarian. I think he saw himself as some kind of Svengali who could vivify any political position through the sheer force of his charisma and intellect, no matter how unsexy/unpopular it was at the time. On the bingo card that is Irish politics, I don't think there's many boxes he left unticked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think this account has since been suspended.

https://twitter.com/FCTwenteBenson/status/1390419113172951042

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

and i don't know what to say about this.

https://twitter.com/RealEddieHobbs/status/1390563797891534850

Danzy wrote: »
    He has always been a deeply unwell man.

Intelligent, no doubt but verging on a personality disorder.

I used to watch Fox News now and again thee odd time back in the day and Bill o Reilly was usually on , regardless of the story , the story was never bigger than o Reilly himself , o Reilly would settle scores on air and make himself the centre of everything

Harris is the same , every week its like a therapy session whereby he airs grievances about how RTE wont feature him anymore or how someone who died was the only one who had an intellect matching his own

mad as a march hare

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JamesFlynn

Many Jews felt he was. The campaign against anti-Semitism felt he was, the Indo and the Sunday Times felt the need to condemn the article and reject anti semitism.

Maybe he is best described as a sneaking regarder of anti-Semites?

Not referencing Kevin Myers article where he declares himself a holocaust denier, but do you accept that the Holocaust happened, that it was greviously wrong.

Completely untrue, but points awarded for the clever use of the "not referencing . . . this thing I'm going to reference" fox news tactic.

See below source including support on this specific topic from the Jewish Representative Council for Myers:

BAI Complaint Ref. No. 83/17 upheld

It's not likely Myers reads this website but if he did he'd have seen himself falsely accused in the last 24 hours by posters of being an anti-semite, a sneaking regarder of anti-Semites, and a holocaust denier.

I don't particularly agree with his politics but for goodness sake, it's so obviously true over decades of his journalism that he was a supporter of the Jewish Community.

Finally, just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they support fascism.

• Advertisement

Funny enough I’m reading Barbara Pym right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

'Eddie who?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Eddie Hobbs, lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Or this,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Oh here we go again. :rolleyes:

Simple solution is that people stop **** posting.
    fvp4 wrote: »
    There’s very little support for Harris here. Or are you talking about the people attacking him? If so what is cowardly about that, Hurrache, if that is in fact your real name?

I suppose it must be. Strange name.

Neither, I'm talking about posts and tweets like that dopey one talking about real rugby and tag rugby, implying women who receive certain comments need to get over it and become a man about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

People seriously questioning his FF links? He has been hitched up to them since before the 2007 election. Only his Stalinist phase lasted longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,079 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Time for a statement from Micheál Martin, is he still an advisor and was he a member of FF.

People seriously questioning his FF links? He has been hitched up to them since before the 2007 election. Only his Stalinist phase lasted longer.
    it was bertie who nominated him to the seanad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Many Jews felt he was. The campaign against anti-Semitism felt he was, the Indo and the Sunday Times felt the need to condemn the article and reject anti semitism.

Maybe he is best described as a sneaking regarder of anti-Semites?

Not referencing Kevin Myers article where he declares himself a holocaust denier, but do you accept that the Holocaust happened, that it was greviously wrong.

Quite a few of those who defend Myers on other threads were the same who would be complaining about Zionist corruption of media etc etc.

Are you a fellow traveller of those?

Nasty insinuations without anything to back them up, now against me too. GTFO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

chicorytip wrote: »
    That Alan English fellah is a clown. By the law of averages many print journalists and columnists using pseudonyms must post on social media. Since when has the Sindo developed a code of propriety or politically correct ethos?

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. You can bet there's a few skeletons in his cupboard too.

Advertisement