Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Harris terminated

Options

Comments

Time for a statement from Micheál Martin, is he still an advisor and was he a member of FF.

no, and no, I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Shows FF is a broad church so, a party capable of assimilating many viewpoints on the national question. And that's what is needed to make progress - unlike the narrow minded and intensely focused corrosive nationalism of the Shinners.

Hobbs is a pretty reliable guy on finance, so he should be listened to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Nasty insinuations without anything to back them up, now against me too. GTFO.

Vanessa Feltz has described a Sunday Times column that suggested she and Claudia Winkleman are well paid because they are Jewish as “horrifying racism”.

She said the piece by columnist Kevin Myers was “every vile stereotype about what Jewish people have ever been deemed to be by racists”.

He was called out by the Campaign against anti semitism, News UK, the editors and papers apologized to women and Jewish people for the offence.

I'm sure your nuanced views on anti semitism and Jews would be cogent and fascinating but we should leave it as it is.

The Kevin Myers issue is an old topic and has been well beaten in its own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Obviously if he insulted that Irish Examiner journalist about her body that's disgraceful and he should be fired. The other tweets don't seem to be too bad though.
    I don't think he's a loss to the Sindo at this stage, wrote very similar articles week after week after week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Danzy wrote: »
    Vanessa Feltz has described a Sunday Times column that suggested she and Claudia Winkleman are well paid because they are Jewish as “horrifying racism”.

She said the piece by columnist Kevin Myers was “every vile stereotype about what Jewish people have ever been deemed to be by racists”.

He was called out by the Campaign against anti semitism, News UK, the editors and papers apologized to women and Jewish people for the offence.

I'm sure your nuanced views on anti semitism and Jews would be cogent and fascinating but we should leave it as it is.

The Kevin Myers issue is an old topic and has been well beater in its own thread.

Sorry no, I'm not just letting accusations of antisemtism and holocaust denial against me stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

McMurphy wrote: »
    You couldn't make this up.... Seems it's a stock photo from a couple of sites.... This being the first one.....

IMG-20210507-112133.jpg

Eoghan might be browsing that site this morning flat out.

That's amazing!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

This is the funniest thing to happen in ages

Are there screen shots of the abusive tweets about Aoife Moore?
    The tweets I’ve seen so far are opinionated for sure, but not particularly bad, certainly not worth firing anyone over, but if she was body shamed then it’s a fair cop.

Are there screen shots of the abusive tweets about Aoife Moore?
    The tweets I’ve seen so far are opinionated for sure, but not particularly bad, certainly not worth firing anyone over, but if she was body shamed then it’s a fair cop.

She was asked if “that turned her on”. Minor stuff for a Twitter troll maybe but not for a journalist. If Harris had tweeted that in his own account he would presumably have been fired.

• Advertisement

Sorry no, I'm not just letting accusations of antisemtism and holocaust denial against me stand.

Your views are your own business.

I agree with the Campaign against anti semitisms view on Myer's article, you do not.

That is fine.

I appreciate that you feel you are not an anti Semite, good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭jmcc

This thing seems to be getting worse for Harris and the other contributors to that account.

https://twitter.com/macfionnlaig/status/1390627272139415553

More legal action.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Rosita

People seriously questioning his FF links? He has been hitched up to them since before the 2007 election. Only his Stalinist phase lasted longer.

The question here is not links, just the relevance of them. Your little rider about "his Stalinist phase" makes the point nicely. Like many people of very intense views, loyalty is total, but conditional and ultimately fleeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jmcc wrote: »
    This thing seems to be getting worse for Harris and the other contributors to that account.

https://twitter.com/macfionnlaig/status/1390627272139415553

More legal action.

Regards...jmcc

Could be very interesting if these cases (plural now) get to court.

Had to laugh at this. I'd say he felt so superior after writing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭jmcc

Could be very interesting if these cases (plural now) get to court.
    Yep. It looked for a while like the damage would be limited to Harris but this action appears to be seeking the identities of the others involved with the account.

Regards...jmcc

Many Jews felt he was. The campaign against anti-Semitism felt he was, the Indo and the Sunday Times felt the need to condemn the article and reject anti semitism.

Maybe he is best described as a sneaking regarder of anti-Semites?

Not referencing Kevin Myers article where he declares himself a holocaust denier, but do you accept that the Holocaust happened, that it was greviously wrong.

Quite a few of those who defend Myers on other threads were the same who would be complaining about Zionist corruption of media etc etc.

I haven't read the article myself, but pretty sure that's defamatory, given the cases that Myers has won.

Time for a statement from Micheál Martin, is he still an advisor and was he a member of FF.

The Sunday Independent drops a columnist and you think the Taoiseach should comment? Really? How important is the Sunday Independent really?

Rosita wrote: »
    The Sunday Independent drops a columnist and you think the Taoiseach should comment? Really? How important is the Sunday Independent really?

But if Harris is an advisor to the Taoiseach and there are allegations of him body shaming women then it’s a bit different.

Isn't Harris still a political advisor to FF, and more importantly Martin.

• Advertisement

Scoundrel wrote: »
    This is the funniest thing to happen in ages

I wouldn't have much time for Harris, and less time for the sneaky business which brought him down. But really it's only in the wacky world of the internet where we all have to try really hard that it's funny or "the funniest thing".

But if Harris is an advisor to the Taoiseach and there are allegations of him body shaming women then it’s a bit different.

It's more than body shaming. His legal trouble is more than talking about some woman's posterior.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Two questions, if you can answer for him and back it up...fair enough. If not, then the Taoiseach has to say whether this man is still advising him and is he a member of FF and what are they going to do, if he is.

1. Is Eoghan Harris aka Barbara Pym, still advising the Taoiseach
    2. Is he a member of FF and will FF be taking any action if he is.

Isn't Harris still a political advisor to FF, and more importantly Martin.

Is he? Have you a source for this?

Two questions, if you can answer for him and back it up...fair enough. If not, then the Taoiseach has to say whether this man is still advising him and is he a member of FF and what are they going to do, if he is.

1. Is Eoghan Harris aka Barbara Pym, still advising the Taoiseach
    2. Is he a member of FF and will FF be taking any action if he is.

then the Taoiseach has to say whether this man is still advising him

No he doesn't. There are people embroiled in controversies all the time, and before the courts too. The Taoiseach is not expected to out and comment on whether they are advisors to him or not.

If they are it'll emerge. If not it's irrelevant.

Never heard to be honest that he was an advisor to the Taoiseach until I read it here.

Do you have a source for the implication?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Eoghan Murphy :o I am not in the know

Who is he? Short few words please

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Eoghan Murphy :o I am not in know

An Irish George Galloway but with a bigger ego and more anger at the world.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Eoghan Murphy :o I am not in know

Google his name?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

It's more than body shaming. His legal trouble is more than talking about some woman's posterior.

I wonder is his 'own arse' much to write home about...

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

No honour among thieves, how many people did Hobbs ruin with his calamitous Detroit venture. Easy to burn €13 million of investor money like confetti Eddie. One delusional charlatan praising another, like two prison inmates comparing notes. Only worthy of ridicule.

Advertisement