Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 35 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

touts wrote: »
    Several blog posts have him in their tips for the gameweek. And the next three matches for Palace are as easy as they get. But you look at his form and it's pretty poor. Lots of injuries and one goal since GW 21. It's a big gamble.

Yeah I took him as a gamble, the following game V Arsenal is the type of game he normally has a field day in too. I've never had any luck with Zaha, this time is different!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

Is McCarthy not number 1 now? I know Forster played a few games a while back but then McCarthy has been back in since that.

I am playing Forster on Bench boost.
    https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19278381.hasenhuttl-plans-rotate-keepers-final-league-games/
    I am finding it tough to get 3 Liverpool assets. Jota is probably the 3 best option after Salah and TAA, but is he certain to play all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Apparently Forster plays next 2 games, Hassel said that after the last game. They are going to share the role until the end of the season. Im going to look at getting both

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

patmac wrote: »
    I am playing Forster on Bench boost.
    https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19278381.hasenhuttl-plans-rotate-keepers-final-league-games/
    I am finding it tough to get 3 Liverpool assets. Jota is probably the 3 best option after Salah and TAA, but is he certain to play all 3.

Thanks, wasn't aware of that at all. Separately it's nice to see board members reading local UK papers for potential FPL info - dedication to the cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Feck it, do what makes you happy!

White -> PVA :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

Bamford or Antonio?

Lingard or Kazak (2 games)?

Any advice much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Planning to bring in 2 x Utd players, either:

Lindleof & Greenwood for Coufal & Lingard

Or

Maguire & Shaw for Dunk & Coufal

What do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody else concerned about not having Son next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

My team is on bench boost, 5th in one money league and no-one above me has bench boost. In the monthly LMS as well.
    Martinez, Forster.
    Shaw, Rudiger,TAA, Dallas, Castagne,
    Bruno(c), Salah,Pereira, JWP,Siggy,
    Kane, Nacho,Watkins
    2 TGW, 10 DGW and 9 for next week .7 in the bank.
    Only 2 Utd and 2 Liverpool.
    Options (thinking this week and next):
    1: Dallas to Maguire or AWB cost 8 points (4 this week and 4 next week)
    Dallas likely 2 so Maguire/AWB need to get 10 to equal, over 3 games.
    2: Pereira/Rudiger (likely 14 points in 2 gw) to Jota/Mitchell cost 8 points, so need 22 in 5 games to equal.
    Any other options to make up ground, captain Nacho or Salah?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ward in for Stones Greenwood in for Jota is my current thinking. I should be able to manage at least ten for next week then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭JPup

dockysher wrote: »
    Ye all so blinded by double and treble gameweek it's funny. Ferandes has poor returns last few gameweeks and has played way too many games this year already.
    Think outside the box

I'm kind of leaning in this direction of thinking. The allure of the United triple gameweek is so tempting, but I doubt many/any of them will play more than two games and I'm not confident they will keep any clean sheets. Maybe one. And then they blank the week after.

Bruno's form has improved in the last couple of weeks though. He looked sharp in both games against Roma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Anybody else concerned about not having Son next week!

IF I do Son > Bruno this week, I’ll probably reverse that transfer next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Okay, I can't go without Bruno. I hate myself for this but going safe. Son > Bruno.

Now, next safe option is Lowton > Ward.

But, I do have 5.6m Gundog who I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Can someone talk me out of Milivojevic, lol? Is he even still on penalties these days?

Edit: Milli took a scored a pen when Zaha was on the pitch (in March vs. WBA).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Lingard / Bamford - OUT
    JWP / DCL - IN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

One transfer for me: Greenwood in for ESR.

Have finally used my bench-boost chip now too as four of my mids have at least two games (Greenwood and Bruno have three), and two of my three strikers have a double-gameweek too, with Son and Kane the anomaly and undroppable. Targett vs. Pool and United is the only issue in this regard.

Sanchez-Patricio
    Veltman-Rudiger-Laporte-Lowton-Targett
    Greenwood (capt)-Bruno-Jota-Siggy-Son
    Kane-Iheanacho-DCL

Hope Brighton-Wolves and Chelsea-City finish scoreless now :D

You should get a decent score from your bench boost this week with a bit of luck....I used my bench boost last week and had 4 players tied up in Utd Pool game so gained nothing from it at all:(

Sometimes this game brings you close to tears:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

This lad got the Leicester team spot on last week, and early too. Looks like the Luke Thomas 4.1 DGW dream may be over again. But does increase the potential of Vardy Party perhaps.

https://twitter.com/SmuelMartinFPL/status/1390620854254542849

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking at Kane and Rudiger out for DCL and Digne. Have 2 Man U and I think thats enough.

Still not sold on TC Bruno tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dias to TAA, Kane to Watkins and Son to Salah for -8. It gets me extra games and sets me up better for next week. And I'm chasing so the risk is worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Looking at this for a -12

Kane to DCL
    Son to Salah
    Saiss to Trent
    Bowen to ESR (need the cash)

Yolo

Something similar here. Not pulled the trigger yet but for a -8. Thought I was going a bit extreme but seeing your post has given me a little reassurance. We can't both be mad surely :eek:

Kane to Wally Otkins (Have DCL already)
    Son to Salah
    Stones to Trent

Can we? Can we both be mad? Can we? Tell me godammit!!

My doubt is the selling of 2 Spurs players for the pool punt. I'm only 8 behind in my money league so need to keep the head a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Dias to TAA, Kane to Watkins and Son to Salah for -8. It gets me extra games and sets me up better for next week. And I'm chasing so the risk is worth it

Jesus I'm seeing double. Plenty of place in our little asylum it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Son/Bale both have form so thinking one of those maybe?
    Hard to know how good Havertz is for FF - scoring 2 against a team in bottom 3 isn't saying a lot. Also with the riches Chelsea have, does Havertz start both games?

Double united defense - means you want Watkins/Nacho/Salah/TAA all to blank Utd game, or at least two of them to blank v Utd, just something to be wary

I never understand this thought process. Just because you have competing players in your team doesn't mean it's going to influence the outcome. Hedging your bets is a better option than going all in on one team or the other. Plus, both teams could score heavily and the defenders might gain attacking points.

Wonder would Pogba be an option he could well play most of the 3 and has been more or less playing on the LW.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Son/Bale both have form so thinking one of those maybe?
    Hard to know how good Havertz is for FF - scoring 2 against a team in bottom 3 isn't saying a lot. Also with the riches Chelsea have, does Havertz start both games?

Double united defense - means you want Watkins/Nacho/Salah/TAA all to blank Utd game, or at least two of them to blank v Utd, just something to be wary

yeah you're right on Havertz, too much of a rotation risk so I dropped him for Greenwood. Took Henderson out to go with Maguire, Bruno, Greenwood
    I never understand this thought process. Just because you have competing players in your team doesn't mean it's going to influence the outcome. Hedging your bets is a better option than going all in on one team or the other. Plus, both teams could score heavily and the defenders might gain attacking points.

The other side of it is spreading risk, if I went Henderson & Maguire a single goal from Salah//Nacho/Watkins destroys the clean sheets of two players in one go. The upside of 2x United defence is a potential 12 points from a clean sheet but the above strikers are all in form and have been scoring lately. I think they will only get one clean sheet from the 3 games, likely Villa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Risen

Wonder would Pogba be an option he could well play most of the 3 and has been more or less playing on the LW.

i have him as vc like you i think he'll play most of it

Risen wrote: »
    i have him as vc like you i think he'll play most of it

Its him or Greenwood instead of Jota for me currently.

Id like to take a risk on Zaha because the benefits be huge but can you trust him? The only reason im considering a Palace defender cause hes cheap and there playing two weak teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Thinking of Dcl for kane and TAA for Alonso now instead of just Alonso to Digne and saving the free.

Kane to outscore DCL in one game?? Someone convince me, I'm doing quite well and afraid I am getting sucked into DGW mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Its him or Greenwood instead of Jota for me currently.

Id like to take a risk on Zaha because the benefits be huge but can you trust him? The only reason im considering a Palace defender cause hes cheap and there playing two weak teams.

No I don't think Zaha can be trusted but if you are chasing I would take a chance on it and go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Not going to help us as deadline is tonight, but if Chelsea where to beat City at the weekend, United could potential close the gap to 4 points before city play again. Stranger things have happened in football, but city needing 2 points from 2 games would pile pressure on them. So Ole could start the strongest team in the games in eye on subs.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Thinking of Dcl for Kane and TAA for Alonso now instead of just Alonso to Digne and saving the free.

Kane to outscore DCL in one game?? Someone convince me, I'm doing quite well and afraid I am getting sucked into DGW mindset.

Im not dropping Kane but I can see why some would take the chance of DCL especially with the two games. I've got returns from Calvert Lewin this season but he's also burnt me a few times when I kept faith with him so i won't be jumping back in this season. Wood is the one id take a chance on but im happy enough with my front three for now.

Kane is Kane he hasn't looked at his best last game or two but he's always capable of returns and Spurs will have chances against Leeds im sure.

Hes going for the golden boot as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Going by this, I'd take a guess that United will rotate heavily in the Leicester game. He also alluded to Maguire not playing all 3 games.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1390645974285049864

Advertisement