Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2014 Heatwave?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

pfffft heatwave. yeah right. had to come up out of youghal this morning because it was freezing.

my guess the best we're gonna get is the usual last summer blast in september

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Billcarson wrote: »
    Yes i like this weather myself,we had enough warmth and humidity during june and july to do me. The cooler weather of late has been refreshing imo. Roll on the Autumn.

I've liked this weather too, the summer was very humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

AHh stop it, was 35C here yesterday and I was sunning myself got scalded. Today the thunder and lightening has reappeared and the temp has dropped but the humidity is a killer.

Supposed to be 30C later today thank Gawd for AC......

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

NSAman ah here leave it out. We're cold and wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

My take on the current sat view. Who put the clock forward to October? ha

319692.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

tentative signs of a september heatwave?

www.wetterzentrale.de

Anyone have a child of prague they'd like to lend me ? Getting married next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

yall be grand

no child needed

high pressure is returning ...hopefuilly

actually get the child in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

pauldry wrote: »
    tentative signs of a september heatwave?

www.wetterzentrale.de

Im clicking unfollow instead of that link.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like it's gonna stay unsettled and cool till next Sunday, perhaps one of the coolest August's we've ever had. Not sure the temperature has broken 18C here since 1st August.

From Monday onwards next week looks like it could be finally quite warm and settled giving a decent start to September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Gonzo wrote: »

From Monday onwards next week looks like it could be finally quite warm and settled giving a decent start to September.

Ex-tropical storm Cristobal is worth keeping an eye on. Its forecast to pass to the NW of us during Sun/Mon. We need that to stay on it current forecast track. If it comes any closer it could scupper the fine spell for early next week, or at least push it back a couple of days.

Incedently, that storm is dead centre over the Bahamas at the moment, dumping a lot of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

It's FI of course, but this morning's ECM looks really good from around 144 hours onwards...

yKbod9l.png
    VwzhH2r.png
    oAo6M1j.png
    Vdm4Ja3.png
    QxLQGU7.png

I really hope the chart above stays like that for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Mother of Jehovah the heat!!!!... Shorts on going for a little sun later... tis all good..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

NSAman wrote: »
    Mother of Jehovah the heat!!!!... Shorts on going for a little sun later... tis all good..;)
    The USA forum
    > http://touch.boards.ie/forum/917 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

MsBubbles wrote: »
    I really hope the chart above stays like that for next week.

Me too.

I knew we shouldn't have let MT go on holidays.. The weather has been a disaster since he went

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

Me too.

I knew we shouldn't have let MT go on holidays.. The weather has been a disaster since he went

He also predicted a nice 2nd half of August before he left ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

It's FI of course, but this morning's ECM looks really good from around 144 hours onwards...
    Things still looking good on this evenings Ecmwf for next week, by the way maq i can only see charts up to T+132 hrs here http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#teg=prec&type=temp

Whats the link to display deep FI, i.e. beyond 132hrs on the vedur.is site? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Things still looking good on this evenings Ecmwf for next week, by the way maq i can only see charts up to T+132 hrs here http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#teg=prec&type=temp

Whats the link to display deep FI, i.e. beyond 132hrs on the vedur.is site? ;)

Just edit the url of the image to show 144, 168 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

A heatwave in August 2014? OMG hahahaha the journalists could not have been more wrong! August 2014 was the coldest since 1986 with some FROSTS in the second last weekend. For example, Grange my station had its coldest August night on record with -1.1c recorded on the 23rd.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement