Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

McCrack wrote: »
    No to be fair the solicitor is going on their clients instructions, it's not the job of lawyers to decide the case, the court does that but Maria dropped her case and didn't give the court an opportunity to decide

I’m not referring to the case per say, I’m thinking more about who is advising her to do these interviews on public radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

McCrack wrote: »
    The fact she discontinued her case after the exaggeration of her alleged injuries were exposed speaks volumes really

Awful chancer
    Didn't she only discontinue her case after she was called in for talks and it was gaining massive bad publicity for FG who were supposed to be stopping false or exaggerated claims?

I can't remember exactly, but iirc she had to be told or asked politely in discussions to discontinue the case.

The only two people on the face of the earth who feel the case was justified were herself and the person who gave her the legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

She's all over every tweet about KOC today, specifically any tweet that suggests she's been harshly treated as a female candidate. Honestly, her delusion and self pity are nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Suckit wrote: »
    Didn't she only discontinue her case after she was called in for talks and it was gaining massive bad publicity for FG who were supposed to be stopping false or exaggerated claims?

I can't remember exactly, but iirc she had to be told or asked politely in discussions to discontinue the case.

The only two people on the face of the earth who feel the case was justified were herself and the person who gave her the legal advice.

I can't see her bowing to party pressure at all to drop the case when she had and continues to have a neck like a jockeys bollocks

The reality is her pleadings in her court case which she swore an affidavit to being truthful and honest was found out to be exaggerated because of her social media posts which showed her running a 10k race three weeks after her alleged injuries when she said she couldn't

Unbelievable chancer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

It's quite simple really.
    All Maria needs to do, is release the video of the night in question.

Everyone will then see that she was 100% in the right and took a legitimate claim against the Dean.

People, ie men (it's always men) will then realise that they were wrong and Maria can resume her career in politics and continue her part-time career as a serial litigant.

It's a pity Madigan got off relatively unscathed. No doubt she was the one that came up with the 'No instructions - should have been supervised' rubbish.

Maria could still do a 'Dominic Cummings' on it. Madigan seams very uncomfortable over the last year. To me, it's like she knows something is coming down the tracks.

As my gentle, charming ol granny used to say - "Never fcuk over someone that has dirt on you". There's mileage left in this one yet.

On a side note: ¿Donde estan los tres amigos?

• Advertisement

givyjoe wrote: »
    She's all over every tweet about KOC today, specifically any tweet that suggests she's been harshly treated as a female candidate. Honestly, her delusion and self pity are nauseating.

I heard this interview Her arrogant was incredible.. She used the gender card all the time.

FFS, have these clowns ever heard that if You’ve good enough, you won’t need to use the gender card.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I heard this interview Her arrogant was incredible.. She used the gender card all the time.

FFS, have these clowns ever heard that if You’ve good enough, you won’t need to use the gender card.

The genfer card is invaild at this stage.

We have loads of female politicians elected. There is not a lack of a female voice in Irish politics.

Esp one like Bailey.

And besides, the women in the Dail are just as bad as their male counterparts.

Madigan for example.

We need better politicians not the usual kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The genfer card is invaild at this stage.

We have loads of female politicians elected. There is not a lack of a female voice in Irish politics.

Esp one like Bailey.

And besides, the women in the Dail are just as bad as their male counterparts.

Madigan for example.

We need better politicians not the usual kind.

They keep using it though. The same party that put KOC forward last time, are now sexist/mysoginist for not putting her forward this time. This crap was all over twitter from women AND men yesterday. It defies logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

They keep using it though. The same party that put KOC forward last time, are now sexist/mysoginist for not putting her forward this time. This crap was all over twitter from women AND men yesterday. It defies logic.

It's because much of Irish society (media, politics, etc) is now run on the basis of Twitter trends and identity politics/culture war crusading, most of it coming from the US which has completely different social problems.

This is the result.. Any obstacles in these people's lives is blamed on discrimination, gender bias, sexism, racism, and any other - ism they can think of. No personal responsibility, always the victim. Anyone who disagrees is a "toxic"/"right wing" neanderthal etc... :rolleyes:

It's basically running a country akin to the movie stereotype of an American High school.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

On a side note: ¿Donde estan los tres amigos?

Maybe their supervisors finally realised that the attempt at damage control was having the opposite effect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The same party that are first to use misogyny or sexism (homophobic, racist too) as an accusation without any basis for it, are getting a taste of their own medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

She should get together with that one Chu.... They'd get on very well with all the poor me rubbish they go on with.

The genfer card is invaild at this stage..

Try telling KOC that. She went on radio yesterday with a VP mission to rant & rave.

ArrBee wrote: »
    Maybe their supervisors finally realised that the attempt at damage control was having the opposite effect?

Well, isn’t one of them under instructions not to post on this thread again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭forumdedum

There is and never will be a way back for Maria.

She should get together with that one Chu.... They'd get on very well with all the poor me rubbish they go on with.

Chu, now there is another one who seems (to me at least) To have a few chips on Her shoulders.

forumdedum wrote: »
    There is and never will be a way back for Maria.

She clearly thinks otherwise. Shes been promoting herself quite a bit in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I don't buy into the poor me and virtue signalling bull.....

I am who I am, I respect others especially if they respect me..... I've had all sorts of hard ships in life but I don't use it to gain positions or jobs.

I've went through bullying as a kid, a lot, as an adult yes that too and it doesn't end in work either having management do the same, I get on with my life and think of happier things and improve on my own goals when I can.....

I have zero sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

And rightfully so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭forumdedum

She clearly thinks otherwise. Shes been promoting herself quite a bit in 2021.

Wasting her time. People will never forget her actions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Really?

I didn't think there was anything too controversial being said on either side.

In some ways it's a shame.
    As a non partisan but concerned voter I have enjoyed seeing the lengths some have gone to to brush this under the rug. It really has been an eye opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,870 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's all kicking off with Maria and Noel Rock on Twitter tonight. :)

Noel Rock on Twitter: "Pop a claim in so. You’re good at that." / Twitter

As somebody said on the tweet machine...'If you think FG hate SF wait till you find out how much they hate one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I am sure the resident misogynists on this forum will get another fortnight out of this.

But that aside, it is good that there are differing opinions in a political party, unlike say SF, which operates more like The Borg, taking their orders and commands from the boys in West Belfast....

Going into government will be fun for them. :)

Maria is reminding Rock that his hero Leo is under Garda Criminal Investigation. :)

*Misogyny and The Shinners introduced to pathetically attempt to deflect from the FG boys and gals cutting up rough again. :)

Resident misogynists?

Whether shes male or female, black or white, its her actions people criticise her for. Not her gender or race.

Are women politicians not open to criticism? Is she not a politician who constantly steps into the spotlight?

Theres one thing about 2 party members disagreeing or having a difference of opinion but having a public spat is embarrassing no matter how you spin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A 'mistake' would be ordering Coke Zero instead of Coke, 'falling' off a swing and claiming for personal injury damages when you ran a 10km race 3 weeks afterwards would be what most would call pure and utter fraud and additionally messing with the livelyhoods of hard working people and destroying our economy. Every year a business should get an award for going up against crooked leach insurance fraudsters, it could be called The Dean Award.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/i-think-shes-paid-the-price-minister-madigan-says-she-is-beyond-reproach-following-maria-bailey-swing-gate-saga-38440731.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I remember you defending her to the hilt in this thread before constantly. Do you have some personal connection to her or FG?

If she doesn't want people responding to what she is saying, she shouldn't be criticising others publicly, delete her twitter account or at least set it to private.

I do not agree with personal abuse, but she really doesn't do herself any favours, she seems to have zero self awareness or regret over what she did.

Maria has once again turned the spotlight on herself. Unless you are mandated to have very public and bitter spats on Twitter?

• Advertisement

A chancer with a sick father is still a chancer , Id like her no where near politics after swinggate. We need less of her, she deserves no sympathy

Advertisement