Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Well that’s not true. There was a month between the last post and the post, below, highlighting an insurance “story” that has nothing to do with Bailey.

Nothing whatsoever.

Not going to argue with you ES. But all I know is I wasn’t anywhere near this thread until Bailey went on that interview with BOC

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ms Baily is apparently going to be on NT Breakfast in about 10 mins talking about her experience of online abuse. Should be an interesting chat!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Ms Baily is apparently going to be on NT Breakfast in about 10 mins talking about her experience of online abuse. Should be an interesting chat!

Taking my phone off the hook for this one. :D

Already starting with the "poor me" narrative

"The abuse started with the information contained within documents that were never meant to go public"*.

*Isn't that because Josepha and herself expected the Dean hotel to pay up the initial request for a lump sum before it was forwarded to court.....

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    "The abuse started with the information contained within documents that were never meant to go public"*.

*Isn't that because Josepha and herself expected the Dean hotel to pay up the initial request for a lump sum before it was forwarded to court.....

Her arrogance is still shining through. Documents were released that she didn't consent to, people weren't interested in the facts etc.

Nonsense. She tried to pull a fast one and she got caught and rightly exposed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Perhaps they'll name the new Bill in honour of her like so many other 'victims. '

Next week on NT Eoghan Harris discusses the shortcomings in unfair dismissal legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Her arrogance is still shining through. Documents were released that she didn't consent to, people weren't interested in the facts etc.

Nonsense. She tried to pull a fast one and she got caught and rightly exposed for it.

Were you holding a bottle of beer while reaching for another glass?
    - That's up to the judge to decide Sean

She is a laughing stock no way back to politics.
    Is she trying to pivot to be some campaigner against online bullying etc or what?!?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Perhaps they'll name the new Bill in honour of her like so many other 'victims. '

Next week on NT Eoghan Harris discusses the shortcomings in unfair dismissal legislation.

This legislation (and I only know what they mentioned as part of the interview) is worrying though.

Seems more like an attempt to shut down criticism than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,068 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cue complaints from the usual suspects that her detractors won't let the thread die and asking for it to be shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Cue complaints from the usual suspects that her detractors won't let the thread die and asking for it to be shut down.

I saw the thread alter and thought 'what is she doing now'.

She needs to go away... for her own good. She cant help but play the victim.

Im not saying she doesnt het abuse, Im sure she gets called vile names....

However I think she gets more ridicule than abuse.... and rightly ridiculed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Her bestie Kate O'Connell is throwing a tantrum over on Today with Claire Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

touts wrote: »
    Her bestie Kate O'Connell is throwing a tantrum over on Today with Claire Byrne.

Having a proper whingefest!

touts wrote: »

I can see the connection alright. Same "I'm a victim" narrative :rolleyes:

That and the sense of entitlement that just oozes from these people.

She REALLY doesn't like Leo, does she?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Not about gender but..............................all about gender!!

Those docs represent the facts. Ive no sympathy for her that they were leaked.

She REALLY doesn't like Leo, does she?

Is this Kate O'Connell you're on about?

I don't think she's the one who'll be put up to replace Murph in the upcoming bye election myself to be honest, put forward someone who is far too outspoken on Leo, and publicly backed Coveney in the leadership race?

**Family Fortunes buzzer sound**

• Advertisement

I can see the connection alright. Same "I'm a victim" narrative :rolleyes:

That and the sense of entitlement that just oozes from these people.

Ive no doubt she gets abuse, but Id day alot of it is fair criticism and ridicule.

Made her own bed

Is this Kate O'Connell you're on about?

I don't think she's the one who'll be put up to replace Murph in the upcoming bye election myself to be honest, put forward someone who is far too outspoken on Leo, and publicly backed Coveney in the leadership race?

**Family Fortunes buzzer sound**

Yep.. the IT and the Indo both issued news alerts seconds after the interview ended too. They must smell blood in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

You wouldn't put it past the FG'ers to set Bailey up, in a cushy job - shell just need to learn to shut her trap, first.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Heard this nonsense this morning. Jesus she is really trying to play the victim narrative. Absolutely ridiculous. She got caught out and the criticism she got was justified

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Heard this nonsense this morning. Jesus she is really trying to play the victim narrative. Absolutely ridiculous. She got caught out and the criticism she got was justified

She sees it as a way back, if she's a victim she did nothing wrong and come back to run for election. Honestly, so deluded. She probably views the existence of this thread as abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ah.. Missed the MB interview.
    Heard the Kate O'Connell interview, it wasn't really a 'poor me'.. but it was funny to hear the sexist calls (with backup) from somebody in the FG party, considering they are the only lot who roll it out on a regular basis on these forums.. It would make you wonder if they are aware of what they are saying themselves (which I doubt.).
    Just spurt out random stuff in the moment.

gmisk wrote: »
    Were you holding a bottle of beer while reaching for another glass?
    - That's up to the judge to decide Sean

She is a laughing stock no way back to politics.
    Is she trying to pivot to be some campaigner against online bullying etc or what?!?

And certain posters’ come on here wondering why is Bailey attracting so much attention???

If ever there was a specimen so misinformed here she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

The fact she discontinued her case after the exaggeration of her alleged injuries were exposed speaks volumes really

Awful chancer

McCrack wrote: »
    The fact she discontinued her case after the exaggeration of her alleged injuries were exposed speaks volumes really

Awful chancer

Very true. But she ain’t alone. Madigan & Farrell have a lot to answer to also. I wonder is Madigan still advising Bailey ? If she is then she is a lousy advisor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Very true. But she ain’t alone. Madigan & Farrell have a lot to answer to also. I wonder is Madigan still advising Bailey ? If she is then she is a lousy advisor.

No to be fair the solicitor is going on their clients instructions, it's not the job of lawyers to decide the case, the court does that but Maria dropped her case and didn't give the court an opportunity to decide

Advertisement