Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

galway-2021-home-jersey-cf-3s-1_2.jpg

galway-2021-gk-jersey-wht-cf-2s-1_1.jpg

This is the two stripe one. The 3 stripes is only available in Ireland.

Personally think it's tacky enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I really like the white one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Home jersey seems grand. There is a watermark there but it's barely visible. Not a fan of the big watermark on the away one though. Would probably look much better if it was plain white.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

Home jersey seems grand. There is a watermark there but it's barely visible. Not a fan of the big watermark on the away one though. Would probably look much better if it was plain white.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not mad on it if I'm honest. The clipper watermark looks like tourist souvenir tack. The camo look was cool among younger supporters, can't see the same people going for this. The home, well it'll just look like a maroon jersey. Maybe once I see it in the flesh I'll think differently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭cson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭threeball

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I really like the white one

Its a bit much. Last years white one was the nicest jersey we've had, possibly ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

threeball wrote: »
    Its a bit much. Last years white one was the nicest jersey we've had, possibly ever.

I agree with that! I have it and wear it so often

• Registered Users Posts: 24,587 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

The home kit looks like my grannys wallpaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Any truth in the rumor that joe canning has retired?

• Advertisement

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Any truth in the rumor that joe canning has retired?

It would seem a little late in the day to be packing it in now.
    Although I wouldn't be surprised if he left after this year.

Hes at that age now. He'll end up straight into punditry after as hes well able to talk and articulate himself properly.
    So in a sense the money is only really made post retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭cosatron

The tommy varden Jersey is a thing of beauty. Nicest jersey we ever had

Galway’s Cillian McDaid will undergo a scan on Thursday to ascertain the extent of knee damage sustained in training.

The promising Monivea Abbey footballer has been unfortunate with a number of injuries since he returned from AFL club Carlton in 2018 where he suffered a foot setback that ruled him out for most of that season.

Lining out for Galway in 2019, McDaid was reduced to four starts and two substitute appearances due to recurring injuries.

At the end of last year, he started both the Division 1 and Connacht final defeats to Mayo, coming on as a substitute in the final round loss to Dublin.

The 23-year-old was a star performer for Galway’s U21s when they beat Dublin in the 2017 All-Ireland final. He later featured for the seniors in their championship games against Donegal and Kerry prior to heading Down Under.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭threeball

You'd really have to question the training they do in AFL. The amount of lads that come back brittle or with recurring injuries is ridiculous. Nearly every players I can think of coming back from Oz was either a crock or couldn't kick snow off a rope when they came back. Marty Clarke being the only exception and possibly the young Tyrone lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Do we actually have a Home and Away Jersey. I thought our colour is Maroon and we only wear white if there is a clash of colours. I have both but the White one doesn’t hide the Guinness stains.

sgthighway wrote: »
    Do we actually have a Home and Away Jersey. I thought our colour is Maroon and we only wear white if there is a clash of colours. I have both but the White one doesn’t hide the Guinness stains.

The white is really just the goalie jersey.

Bad news on McDaid. Plagued with injuries for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

The white is really just the goalie jersey.

Bad news on McDaid. Plagued with injuries for a while now.

Yeah. We've never really seen him reach his potential at inter county level

Tom Flynn has informed the Galway football management team that he is unable to commit to the squad for the coming season.

That’s Flynn, Adrian Varley and Ian Burke who have opted out for the year now.

Obviously lads have lives outside football but Galway aren’t really in a position where they can afford to lose good players.

Tom Flynn has informed the Galway football management team that he is unable to commit to the squad for the coming season.

That’s Flynn, Adrian Varley and Ian Burke who have opted out for the year now.

Obviously lads have lives outside football but Galway aren’t really in a position where they can afford to lose good players.

Athenry have posted on their FB page that Flynn is part of the Galway squad this year after all.

Galway footballers homepage got some wrong information by the looks of it.

I assume by the lack of activity in here, and the forum in general, that most others aren't very enthusiastic about the GAA since Covid?

Personally I feel the diminished season and degrading of the league has unnecessarily ruined it.

There was justification for the season last year but there was no need a year later to be stripping everything back.

Anyway that aside the hurling team is out.

More of the same as last season. Its hard to see us bridging the gap to Limerick when its the same old faces.
    The upside is that what's there is still top 4 and if Limerick falter, genuine contenders.

The football isnt even worth caring about, PJ isnt the man to take down Dublin and he could end up leaving without a championship win as they could lose to Roscommon.

Dublins dominance has just ruined the football anyway but maybe with the younger players in the county theres potential to do something in 3/4 years... hard to see Dublin falling away before then anyway but who knows after the 28+ crowd start to drop off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Its all a bit of a cod shur we've no idea who's performing or not with no club matches, everythings lost its sparkle for me anyway, a lot of the joy has gone out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Who would likely be on frees this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

KevIRL wrote: »
    Who would likely be on frees this weekend?

Niland I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Conor coney I thought maybe

I thought I was optimistic enough for this season and then realised Conor Cooney and Niall Burke are starting tomorrow. They've been eternally found out at intercounty since 2017 (Burke had a few decent games in 2018 though tbf). Maybe we genuinely have nobody on the bench better though. That's 2 managers now that have backed them both in a big way.

I'm also very skeptical about Loftus at corner back. He just doesn't have the physicality for intercounty imo. Thought Cronin would be a good shout to test out in the corner.

Don't even want to think about the setup for the footballers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Cathal Mannion has eyes on the back of his head with his passing. Still think him going off injured was the biggest single turning point against Limerick last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

What was the Keepers yellow for?

What was the Keepers yellow for?

The flick back after he lost it I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Score?

• Advertisement

BENDYBINN wrote:
    Score?

Cricket. 5.34 to 1.16

Advertisement